Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regis moving like a damn dummy, dude posting videos looking like a crackhead to show he can make 140 because he's shown in his past couple fights he can't make the weight lol. He should have either signed with Top Rank or PBC and moved to 147 a long ass time ago. Now he's gonna be fighting domestic bums with that MTK Global shell promotion. Dude really wasted all the momentum after the WBSS.

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Good fight for Both guys. I like how Eddie is moving Haney, like after this fight I wouldn’t even mind a lighter touch/lateral move …as long as it’s not a washed or virtually unknown fighter.

That is even if Haney wins. He should but Jojo is no slouch and a real tough test. I’d like to see If Haney can rise to the occasion like Shakur did and try to put his foot in this case, the smaller dudes ass and stop him. I’m sure most will pick Haney by decision. But at least we get a fight of this level before the year ends.

2021 has finished strong after a real slow start :wow:

Last edited:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Good fight for Both guys. I like how Eddie is moving Haney, like after this fight I wouldn’t even mind a lighter touch/lateral move …as long as it’s not a washed or virtually unknown fighter.

That is even if Haney wins. He should but Jojo is no slouch and a real tough test. I’d like to see If Haney can rise to the occasion like Shakur did and try to put his foot in the smaller dudes ass and stop him. I’m sure most will pick Haney by decision. But at least we get a fight of this level before the year ends.

2021 has finished strong after a real slow start :wow:

Not too many high calibre fighters take fights off the bat like Haney just took that against Diaz. :salute:

Diaz no joke and impressive they both took it tbh.

Haney got a size advantage but Jo Jo impressed me in the Farmer fight and the Fortuna fight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Regis moving like a damn dummy, dude posting videos looking like a crackhead to show he can make 140 because he's shown in his past couple fights he can't make the weight lol. He should have either signed with Top Rank or PBC and moved to 147 a long ass time ago. Now he's gonna be fighting domestic bums with that MTK Global shell promotion. Dude really wasted all the momentum after the WBSS.

It's a shame, really, dude started acting silly on social media too recently, disappointing as during the WBSS he was cool.
Still a very good fighter but it's been 2 years since he lost to Taylor in a close fight and since then only fought 2 times and he couldn't make 140 for either one of them. And none of those fights did anything for him to get another title shot either at Taylor or someone at 147. Feels like 140 is his ideal division though, looks small in frame and 147 is a shark tank, Bud, Spence or Ennis would probably take him apart. Would watch him vs Swift, Porter or Ortiz

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
It's a shame, really, dude started acting silly on social media too recently, disappointing as during the WBSS he was cool.
Still a very good fighter but it's been 2 years since he lost to Taylor in a close fight and since then only fought 2 times and he couldn't make 140 for either one of them. And none of those fights did anything for him to get another title shot either at Taylor or someone at 147. Feels like 140 is his ideal division though, looks small in frame and 147 is a shark tank, Bud, Spence or Ennis would probably take him apart. Would watch him vs Swift, Porter or Ortiz
You right. Spence and Bud would be his end. Spence is barely 147 anymore though.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Losing 20 pounds in 2 weeks = not advisable

making 140 in 2 weeks is a lot different than training for a fight for 8 weeks while trying to make weight

Ellerbe needs to book this goofy for next year N jus let Tank steamroll thru him :manny:
Right.

Without trying to act like i know better than telling a professional fighter how to make weight (it ain't easy, that's for sure).

But if EJ can do it numerous times from +188 to 147 without drying out too bad then Prograis can make 140.

At least he acknowledges his diet is off.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You right. Spence and Bud would be his end. Spence is barely 147 anymore though.

Keep it 100 with you Spence shoud of never tried to become undisputed at 147. Should of just beat Crawford's ass and moved up a few years ago and tried for undisputed at 154 division where it can be done fast and with minimal promoter politics involved. I get his stablemate is at 154, but oh well there aint no friends in boxing once you have something I want. Then again only reason Mell hasn't moved up to 160 is because Mall has been wasting time at 160 not fighting anybody.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Keep it 100 with you Spence shoud of never tried to become undisputed at 147. Should of just beat Crawford's ass and moved up a few years ago and tried for undisputed at 154 division where it can be done fast and with minimal promoter politics involved. I get his stablemate is at 154, but oh well there aint no friends in boxing once you have something I want. Then again only reason Mell hasn't moved up to 160 is because Mall has been wasting time at 160 not fighting anybody.

147 is a PBC division though..it should have been easier for him to unify the belts....he just wasnt moving right and let 2 fighters take his work

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This doesn’t make any sense.

147 is the money division with bigger names. There were more fighters he can have ppv’s with

When I read posts like this, it’s like nyggas forget this is a business to make money. The goal is to make as much money as possible. If you’re able to become undisputed, that’s a bonus. Becoming undisputed is a stretch goal. It’s great if it happens, but the politics of boxing can make it not worth pursuing.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This doesn’t make any sense.

147 is the money division with bigger names. There were more fighters he can have ppv’s with

When I read posts like this, it’s like nyggas forget this is a business to make money. The goal is to make as much money as possible. If you’re able to become undisputed, that’s a bonus. Becoming undisputed is a stretch goal. It’s great if it happens, but the politics of boxing can make it not worth pursuing.

And that's why I said it. Look at this with the benefit of hindsight bruh. Spence was like PBC has 3 of the 4 belts, so 2 unification fights that from a business standpoint are easy to make, then deal with Crawford last because that one is complicated to make, then move up to 154 with huge buzz. This was like 2018.

Come to 2021. If he would have just unified with Crawford and got his second P4P name on his resume and moved up to 154 and went for undisputed there(Spence from what I'm seeing right now has a very solid chance of running through that division with the exception of Charlo and Castano who given the styles Castano can give Spence a lot of problems). If he would of gotten undisputed at 154 then a Canelo fight at 160 which they have been hinting at would make more sense, and a fight with Canelo would of been a bigger payday than Crawford or Pac. It would of been the biggest fight in boxing since May-Pac.

I'm saying 147 is a glamour division, just like 135, 160, and HW. With the exception of heavyweight it is hard as hell to go undisputed in those divisions because of the 'glamour behind them and promoter politics. 135 was PRIMED to have an undisputed champ when Teo and Loma fought, but Bob and his promoter fukkery trying to freeze out Haney has created the situation you see there now. Meanwhile 140 went undisputed, 154 had a undisputed fight we need to get a rematch for and 168 is having one in a few days. None of these are 'glamour' divisions. These are the divisions you go undisputed in, not the glamour divisions.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I done lost count with how many times I've said this shyt, but Prograis should have taken that Hooker fight. :snoop:

Him and Teo been competing to see who can fukk up their momentum the most. :hhh:
fight was gonna be at 143lbs and then Hooker wanted to do 145lbs and this stupid nikka balked over 2lbs, man just take the money and beat Hooker's mid ass.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that's why I said it. Look at this with the benefit of hindsight bruh. Spence was like PBC has 3 of the 4 belts, so 2 unification fights that from a business standpoint are easy to make, then deal with Crawford last because that one is complicated to make, then move up to 154 with huge buzz. This was like 2018.

Come to 2021. If he would have just unified with Crawford and got his second P4P name on his resume and moved up to 154 and went for undisputed there(Spence from what I'm seeing right now has a very solid chance of running through that division with the exception of Charlo and Castano who given the styles Castano can give Spence a lot of problems). If he would of gotten undisputed at 154 then a Canelo fight at 160 which they have been hinting at would make more sense, and a fight with Canelo would of been a bigger payday than Crawford or Pac. It would of been the biggest fight in boxing since May-Pac.

I'm saying 147 is a glamour division, just like 135, 160, and HW. With the exception of heavyweight it is hard as hell to go undisputed in those divisions because of the 'glamour behind them and promoter politics. 135 was PRIMED to have an undisputed champ when Teo and Loma fought, but Bob and his promoter fukkery trying to freeze out Haney has created the situation you see there now. Meanwhile 140 went undisputed, 154 had a undisputed fight we need to get a rematch for and 168 is having one in a few days. None of these are 'glamour' divisions. These are the divisions you go undisputed in, not the glamour divisions.

This path does not make any sense unless Spence outgrew the division. A fighter makes more money at 147 then he does at 154.

Money > Undisputed

Let’s say Charlo became undisputed at 154. He still wouldn’t make more money then Spence fighting at 147. Have you met any fighters? They fight for money.

You’re stuck on this undisputed shyt, because you’re just looking at it from a fan perspective.

Even if you took the path you’re proposing, I’m not convinced he would just steamroll everyone and become undisputed. It’s totally different from 147 despite the lack of names. All them guys like porter, Garcia, and Thurman would have problems there.

We’ll agree to disagree. I don’t even think undisputed is even worth pursuing unless you need to make a name for yourself, and you happen to be in a division like 140,154,168,CW. Otherwise, you go after the money. However, I look at the sport solely from a business perspective. I view boxing from a realistic perspective. If you’re looking at boxing from a fan point of view, just thinking “man he should have jumped to 154, because it would be easier to become undisputed, because it’s less political, even though it would be smaller purses,” over views just won’t align here.