Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
This path does not make any sense unless Spence outgrew the division. A fighter makes more money at 147 then he does at 154.

Money > Undisputed

Let’s say Charlo became undisputed at 154. He still wouldn’t make more money then Spence fighting at 147. Have you met any fighters? They fight for money.

You’re stuck on this undisputed shyt, because you’re just looking at it from a fan perspective.

Even if you took the path you’re proposing, I’m not convinced he would just steamroll everyone and become undisputed. It’s totally different from 147 despite the lack of names. All them guys like porter, Garcia, and Thurman would have problems there.

We’ll agree to disagree. I don’t even think undisputed is even worth pursuing unless you need to make a name for yourself, and you happen to be in a division like 140,154,168,CW. Otherwise, you go after the money. However, I look at the sport solely from a business perspective. I view boxing from a realistic perspective. If you’re looking at boxing from a fan point of view, just thinking “man he should have jumped to 154, because it would be easier to become undisputed, because it’s less political, even though it would be smaller purses,” over views just won’t align here.

I'm not in disagreement with you on Spence being better off staying at 147, I agree with you there. However my question to you based on what I just read ... Why do you watch Boxing? Do you want the best to fight the best? And if not, are you a promoter or manager to these Boxers?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not in disagreement with you on Spence being better off staying at 147, I agree with you there. However my question to you based on what I just read ... Why do you watch Boxing? Do you want the best to fight the best? And if not, are you a promoter or manager to these Boxers?

Boxing is my favorite sport, but I view it for what it is, which is a business first.

Of course I’d like the best to fight the best, but I’m not delusional. Every fighter is going to manage their career in their best interest.

If you’re going to view this sport from a fan perspective, you’re only going to get frustrated. Boxing doesn’t cater to their hardcore fans. Boxing fans are the worst treated fans in all of sports.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
fight was gonna be at 143lbs and then Hooker wanted to do 145lbs and this stupid nikka balked over 2lbs, man just take the money and beat Hooker's mid ass.

Exactly.

Dude was the favorite whether it was at 143, 145, 147, etc...

nikkas shoot themselves in the foot trying to be the perfect businessman instead of just being a fukking fighter. :snoop: