Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Just because they weigh 200+ pounds to play football don't mean they gonna fight at heavyweight. Take Russell Wilson for instance, highly doubt if he was boxing he gonna be trying to fight heavyweights.
He 5'11 and 215 on a 4800 calorie diet and a sport with no where near the Cardio. Yeah I aint seeing heavyweight for him. Which makes me wonder what high profile one at hw? Cam?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
He 5'11 and 215 on a 4800 calorie diet and a sport with no where near the Cardio. Yeah I aint seeing heavyweight for him. Which makes me wonder what high profile one at hw? Cam?

Cam could probably make heavyweight out the QBs. A whole bunch of nikkas on the line and linebackers could fight at heavy too. Most QBs, DBs, and WRs though forget about it. Cruiser would be the max for them. More than likely they would boil down to 160-175.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Talent pool smaller and boxing in general declined. People at that size and with athleticism are already scarce :yeshrug:
Then you got brits and euros with the size and more importantly skills so they eatin

Yup Euros do have the basic fundamentals of boxing down pat I won't take that away from them, they just lack athleticism. Most of our heavyweights are failed football players who start boxing at like 17 and shyt which means they have a huge skill gap that at the top level athleticism alone won't cover the gap.

The axe murderer

Daps
Yup Euros do have the basic fundamentals of boxing down pat I won't take that away from them, they just lack athleticism. Most of our heavyweights are failed football players who start boxing at like 17 and shyt which means they have a huge skill gap that at the top level athleticism alone won't cover the gap.
Well most heavyweights nowadays severely lack athleticism.....though wlad was pretty damn athletic for his size tbh. That right hand was lightning

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
i just want to chime in not every GOAT American heavyweight was athletic like that...Joe Frazier was not an athletic guy at all which only adds on to his greatness

You don't have to be athletic to be succesful in boxing, but it definitely helps. It's crazy to me how there are a ton of nikkas with Roy Jones athleticism in the NFL and NBA right now, and boxing only gets these level of athletes really sub 160 from the States.

The axe murderer

Daps
Wlad had a little athleticism yeah, guys like Joshua and Fury don't though.
Hmmmmm AJ doesn't always put it together but could be bloody quick at times.
main-qimg-ffbc0e6000eb8f2ffd164ccdf4ef2f19