Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
prolly in the UK too huh? Will Usyk ever get a soft touch in the Ukraine? He fights in every damn country but his own :dead:
and thats why you cant say he's hype...his biggest victories are all away..he maybe a little overrated at heavy because of what he did and accomplished at cruiser but he isnt overrated overall...we gotta let his heavyweight stint play out

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Canelo Sees Another 6-7 Years Left in Career, Rules Out Foes at 175
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Mon Feb 15, 2021, 05:55 PM EST

Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is not planning to retire until he's around 37-years-old.

Canelo turned pro at the young age of 15 in Mexico.

Now at 30-years-old, he's captured world titles at junior middleweight, middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight.

"[I'll fight for another] six or seven years, that's what we think, we 'll see, but six or seven more years we'll be here," Canelo told TUDN.

canelo-alvarez%20(8)_16.jpg

Canelo was in action back in December, when he dominated Callum Smith over twelve rounds to capture the WBC, WBA titles at 168-pounds.

He's scheduled to have a quick turnaround, when he makes a mandatory defense against Avni Yildirim on February 27 in Miami, Florida.

If he's successful, Canelo will return on May 8th, as part of Cinco De Mayo weekend. More than likely the Mexican star will collide with WBO world champion Billy Joe Saunders in a three belts unification clash.

He wants to have at least four fights in 2021 - after seeing action only once in 2020.

"The truth is that there is enough time [to get in four fights] and I am very ready to fight. I feel very happy, grateful and motivated to go to Miami, a new location for my fights," Canelo said.

Canelo is an instant betting favorite against any opponent at 168-pounds.

But, there are several big challenges for him at the light heavyweight limit of 175.

In 2019, Canelo decided to move up two weight divisions to score a knockout of Sergey Kovalev for the WBO light heavyweight title. Afterwards, he vacated the belt and dropped down to 168.

For the moment, he's not even considering the possibility of returning to light heavyweight.

"No, [fighting at] 175, no. [My trainer] Eddy [Reynoso] already told me not to fight in that division, because I'm giving away too many advantages. Right now we are focused on winning these titles [at 168]," Canelo said.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
and thats why you cant say he's hype...his biggest victories are all away..he maybe a little overrated at heavy because of what he did and accomplished at cruiser but he isnt overrated overall...we gotta let his heavyweight stint play out
2slyk wants all the smoke. That's why i wanna see him succeed at heavyweight.