Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the Benn vs Formella event, very good performance from Benn, looked powerful, quick and skilled, he's consistently improving.

Alen Babic destroyed Tom Little quicker than Hrgovic or Dubois did and Little was in significantly better shape and infact career best shape. He got him out of there in 3, bigger tests to come but so far he's doing everything that's asked of him so respect to him.

Wardley bludgeoned Lartey quicker than Dubois did and also Gorman went the distance with him too, so did exactly what was asked and more. Well done.

Good event, Conor is looking like a fighter who could be in some very interesting fights because of his style and heart, Conor Benn vs Josh Kelly would be a good fight to watch, hope that gets made.

Looking forward to Dubois vs Joyce next week...

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Impressive stuff from Benn, improved a lot, his jab and elusiveness, good punch variety too ofc. It kinda annoyed me by the end that Formella won’t go down, wanted to see a KO, his chin is tough. Actually beat him better than Porter. Doesn’t mean that Benn is a top 5 guy now but an impressive performance and I will be curious how he continues. He beats Kelly right now.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Impressive stuff from Benn, improved a lot, his jab and elusiveness, good punch variety too ofc. It kinda annoyed me by the end that Formella won’t go down, wanted to see a KO, his chin is tough. Actually beat him better than Porter. Doesn’t mean that Benn is a top 5 guy now but an impressive performance and I will be curious how he continues. He beats Kelly right now.
Kelly should watch this and see how important a good jab is. These youngins lead with power shots a lot relying on athleticism but not enough jabs

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
forget nigel (he is a one off kind).i mean a boxer! Eddie hearn is feeding him some trashy "essex geezers"..he will get this kid ruined soon..
This i agree with 100 percent. I rate Benn higher than you but Eddie has not done him any favors with the level of competition he has had so far. Hopefully with this win the caliber of competition ups a couple of notches.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
John Riel Casimero Vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux In The Works For March Or April 2021
John Riel Casimero vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux in the works for March or April 2021 ⋆ Boxing News 24

By Barry Holbrook: Bantamweight champions John Riel Casimero and Guillermo Rigondeaux are in negotiations for a unification fight in March or April. ‘The Jackal’ Rigondeaux (20-1, 13 KOs0 holds the WBA ‘regular’ 118-lb title, and Casimero (30-4, 21 KOs) is the WBO bantamweight champion.

The inner of the Casimero vs. Rigondeaux fight is expected to take on IBF/WBA 118lb champion Naoya ‘Monster’ Inoue in a unification fight in 2021.

At this point in the 40-year-old Rigondeaux’s career, he could have difficulty dealing with the punching power and talent of Casimero.

giphy.gif