Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
BRUH what the fu....:picard::hhh: He really got Bob in his ear...I like Bud and he supremely talented but how is beating the Mean Machine and the like got you where you sitting on this pedestal with Errol? Like the numbers and the level of fighters each boxer has faced don't dictate that....
He acting like him unifying in 140 means he's ahead of Spence and him labeled p4p #1 means he's ahead too. He's running with that. Thats wild.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
If Spence is really dead set on 60/40 the fight is never happening. Dude ain't that big of a star to demand 60/40 with Crawford. These guys are damn near equal as far as stardom goes. Let's be real. If fury and Wilder could agree to 50/50 there's no reason Spence and Crawford can't.

This is all just posturing now. It's only gonna get worse as the fight gets closer. But I'm pretty confident this shyt is going down late next year. They both know they need this for their legacy. But Crawford seems more willing to walk away if it comes to it. As it stands Crawford is already considered p4p king by many....Spence has never gotten that acclaim. Only way he can is to beat Crawford. And Terrence knows that. Which is why he's not taking anything less than 50%.

Only thing we can hope for is that Crawford leaves top rank and joins pbc. Then they can handle everything in house. And with Bob arums comments it's looking like that's a real possibility.

We also gotta see if Spence is still the same Spence. If Danny fukks around and pulls off the upset none of this shyt will even matter. Spence better beat the breaks off this dude like I predicted. But those hospital pics he released got me a little worried now:beli:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If Spence is really dead set on 60/40 the fight is never happening. Dude ain't that big of a star to demand 60/40 with Crawford. These guys are damn near equal as far as stardom goes. Let's be real. If fury and Wilder could agree to 50/50 there's no reason Spence and Crawford can't.

This is all just posturing now. It's only gonna get worse as the fight gets closer. But I'm pretty confident this shyt is going down late next year. They both know they need this for their legacy. But Crawford seems more willing to walk away if it comes to it. As it stands Crawford is already considered p4p king by many....Spence has never gotten that acclaim. Only way he can is to beat Crawford. And Terrence knows that. Which is why he's not taking anything less than 50%.

Only thing we can hope for is that Crawford leaves top rank and joins pbc. Then they can handle everything in house. And with Bob arums comments it's looking like that's a real possibility.

We also gotta see if Spence is still the same Spence. If Danny fukks around and pulls off the upset none of this shyt will even matter. Spence better beat the breaks off this dude like I predicted. But those hospital pics he released got me a little worried now:beli:
Seen somebody on twitter saying they should both just get 40-40% and the 20% rest should go to the winner as a bounty. I like the idea

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Seen somebody on twitter saying they should both just get 40-40% and the 20% rest should go to the winner as a bounty. I like the idea
Don't know why this isn't done more often. Fighters always talk about it but never follow through. Remember when canelo made Chavez Jr bet his whole purse. Then Sr. Had to come through and beg canelo to change his mind :russ:.....even his own daddy knew he stood no chance:mjlol:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Bud was talking on twitter about how some ppl saying xy fighter should take less money even though they are not the ones who risk their health.

I disagree, there's more to it than that. No sport is so demanding to its fans (just like for athletes btw) as boxing is, not one that I know of.
Boxing is like the only sport where the best matching up with the best is not an automatism but something that MIGHT happen and even if it happens it might happen years down the line.

Then you have the blatant favoritism from judges or just general lack of understanding of the sport, the politics and media narrative campaigns of promoters, the shady belt organizations who partner up with promoters sometimes and are totally unaccountable.
Then you have the outdated platform of PPV the main goal for many fighters and promoters. After the whole industry routinely dismisses fans' interests they demand you to pay 80-100 dollars to watch good fights which is really the top of cynicism and which is the reason I completely understand any fan who doesn't buy PPVs but streams it free. Dismissing your needs as a fan of the sport and then demanding extra cash from you is the equivalent of looking at you as a mark if we are being honest.

Fighters surrounded by yesmen who are telling them they made it if they are on PPV but forget that merely being put on PPV doesn't mean shyt in itself if not enough ppl buying it. There's a sense of delusion in most fighters ever being in a PPV as A side thinking they are superstars from that point, but in reality only a very few of them are. You can count on one hand how many true superstars there are in boxing now who sell a lot of PPVs without a good opponent too.

Considering all this it's understandable that many fans including me thinking that the inflated fighter purses undermine the sport's popularity and important fights to happen. Almost everything meaningful has to happen on PPV now and fighters are even proud of that, being shown only to a small portion of fans.

Saying their purses got inflated is a fact and criticizing it doesn't mean you want these guys to starve to death, rather that they will have to buy 2 luxury cars instead of 3, you get me... they still gonna have a lot of money but not to an extent that it actually hurts the sport and fans' interest. There's a middle road too, not only getting robbed blind ala Don King vs getting paid millions for routine fights. It should be that middle road what the boxing industry will have to find if it doesn't want to get even more niche with the days.
Dismissing fans who want more reasonable purses in the best interest of the sport as some blood-thirsty ghouls who could give a fukk if you die in the ring for 2 cents purse is a very one-bit, simplifying argument. There are terrible fans with impossible expectations and tribal hatred against other factions of fans, no doubt but at the end of the day you can't just completely dismiss fans, they are the ones that put the "prize" in prize fighting.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
At the end of the day who gives a shyt what these nikkas get paid? They will figure the shyt out when it comes time too. Spence has a fight coming up he needs to concentrate on. Danny garcia is struggle but after that crash, he could have just enough to upset Spence. Dont count chickens before they are hatched.