Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
These suggestions are always dumb. Boxing is way to corrupt & subjective for a “winner takes purse” approach. That is always overlooked when someone brings up the scenario.

The only way something like this would be fair is if there’s a clean KO that is undeniable

not a tko because we all know a ref can jump in and stop the fight prematurely
Lets not even talk about the fight going to decision. Judges get fights wrong. You’d be foolish leaving your purse in the judges hands
Not the purse but that 20%, honestly I'm just tired of this "A side-B side" shyt over and over again, it's a small miracle Fury and Joshua could agree on 50-50 and nobody created a pissing contest about "sides".

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't leave it in their hands then,idk what else to say, something's gotta give, man...
One of the worst sayings in combat sports, and we've just seen last week Moloney bust a dude eye socket in 2 rounds and the commission take a win from him

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Not the purse but that 20%, honestly I'm just tired of this "A side-B side" shyt over and over again, it's a small miracle Fury and Joshua could agree on 50-50 and nobody created a pissing contest about "sides".
and this is why i always say welterweight aint no gotdamn marquee division...politics and bullshyt have strangled it..its a terrible division

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
and this is why i always say welterweight aint no gotdamn marquee division...politics and bullshyt have strangled it..its a terrible division
I see why you saying that but I cut them some slack too cause I think PBC did well to at least match up their best 147ers. Spence vs Thurman hasn't happened but other than that

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:gucci:

This is PRIZE fighting. This business of boxing has always been part of the sport. These guys only fight once a year anyway, twice if we’re lucky. What else are you gonna talk about anyway? There’s such a huge gap between their fights, might as well talk boxing business. Nothing wrong with determining who the A side/B side is.

I get it, you want them to just fight and the winner gets the extra 20%, but it would be foolish for anyone to entertain it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The fact that these guys can move the way they do illustrates it is a marquee division where the money is at.

It’s definitely not fan friendly though.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking about TBC vs. Spence. :gucci:
Obviously he'd get Ugas types and probably Thurman, Mikey if it was split to his liking

you said even if Crawford went to PBC you doubt the fight would happen? Correct?

I’m not necessarily certain it would happen either, because he would have other attractive options

I look at boxing solely from a promoters/managers view, because those are the fights that can realistically happen. If you keep looking at it like a fan, you’ll always be disappointed.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
you said even if Crawford went to PBC you doubt the fight would happen? Correct?

If TBC and Spence attitudes are they don't need each other and they far apart on the money then it's no guarantee even if he go to PBC. See Thurman vs Spence.
If TBC goes to PBC i don't want any marination bouts. Let him do his last tune up under TR in the first half of 2021, fukk that. First PBC bout need to be Spence, Manny, or I'd accept Thurman even.