Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Smith's height and reach worries me. He'll definitely land some shyt on canelo. But I think canelo will break him down with body shots and get the late stoppage.
Calum problem is he don't like fighting tall for long. He got power but he gon leave that long body open

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
@Dallas' 4 Eva I remember you saying you would apologize for all that ducking talk if canelo fought Callum smith. Looks like it's time to repent for your sins:mjgrin:......I told y'all you just gotta let shyt play out. Canelo has always been about fighting the best. Now that we got cokeboy out the way it's a whole new chapter.

@Dallas' 4 Eva Not only do I remember you saying canelo would duck smith, but also if they did ever fight Callum would beat his ass down. I guess that means you willing to put your avi on the line :mjgrin:

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Serrano is my choice..but I like everyone on the list except Mayer. Plus I have to dock for her going on twitter and professing ignorance on what "inside the distance" means :hhh:...making her black trainer look bad by proxy
That's what happens when you have models become boxers :lolbron:

Funny though because as far as skills, I like Mayer the most. She might be an airhead, but she's very talented to me no doubt. Serrano is a super close 2nd :obama:

I like everyone on this list except Katie Taylor, I've never walked away feeling all that impressed. Not sure why everyone overrates the fukk outta her :hhh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That's what happens when you have models become boxers :lolbron:

Funny though because as far as skills, I like Mayer the most. She might be an airhead, but she's very talented to me no doubt. Serrano is a super close 2nd :obama:

I like everyone on this list except Katie Taylor, I've never walked away feeling all that impressed. Not sure why everyone overrates the fukk outta her :hhh:
taylor has had better fights than mayer lol..mayer has some skills..im not impressed by her punching

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Boys said dazn was dead after canelo left:umad:

Canelo fighting guys in a month notice after already been training :mjgrin:
Not sure what the Canelo haters can
full
Once he Beats Smith :banderas:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Canelo Alvarez to face Callum Smith in December, DAZN could still carry fight
The bout will take place in Texas and be for at least Smith’s WBA super middleweight title.

By Scott Christ@scblh1 Nov 11, 2020, 7:47pm ESTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
1185182148.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Steve Marcus/Getty Images
The Canelo Alvarez sweepstakes may be quickly over, and a fight that has been a lot of fans’ desired bout for the Mexican superstar may be happening.

ESPN’s Salvador Rodriguez reports that Alvarez will be facing Callum Smith in December in Texas. There had been earlier speculation that Caleb Plant could get the call, and Billy Joe Saunders’ name was brought up again, too, but it looks as though it will be Smith.

The date will be either Dec. 18, 19, or 20 — that’s Friday through Sunday — and the location will be in Texas, either AT&T Stadium in Arlington or the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Alvarez recently parted ways with Golden Boy and DAZN, but that doesn’t mean DAZN won’t carry this fight, as Rodriguez says it is “very possible” they will. Smith is a Matchroom Boxing fighter, and of course Matchroom work with DAZN. Canelo is a free agent, looks to be serving as his own promoter, and there’s nothing stopping him from continuing to work with DAZN as a broadcast partner, or for that matter with Golden Boy in the future if they have someone he wants to fight.

1189611142.jpg
Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images
Canelo (53-1-2, 36 KO) won the WBA’s secondary “world” title at 168 pounds in Dec. 2018, beating Rocky Fielding in what was actually Canelo’s DAZN debut. He’s since fought at 160 and 175, but his focus has been on 168 going forward, and Smith (27-0, 19 KO) is still seen as the top dog in that division, despite a questionable decision win over John Ryder in Nov. 2019, which was Smith’s last fight.

The 30-year-old Smith holds the WBA’s recognized “super world” title at 168, and is also the Ring Magazine champion, for what that’s worth. It would be Canelo fighting to be recognized as the No. 1 fighter in the world at 168 pounds. Even if there are questions about Smith, it’s not like the other bigger names in the division have done anything to make a particularly strong case for the spot themselves.

However this all shakes out, it does look like we’re going to have a huge weekend in mid-December. We’ll have Canelo-Smith on one of the Friday-Sunday dates, Gennadiy Golovkin is looking to return that same weekend on DAZN, and now Golden Boy is hoping to put the rescheduled Ryan Garcia-Luke Campbell fight on that weekend, too, and that would also be on DAZN. If DAZN work it out with Canelo and carry this fight, too, that’s a humongous weekend for the streaming service just a few weeks after they go global.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I cant see the first 3 fights airing on dazn on the same day unless one is an afternoon card and the other 2 are on the same card

Garcia-Campbell makes sense as the co-main event of Alvarez-Smith, because Reynoso's the head trainer of Canelo and Ryan.