Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I will also say that if Canelo beats Callum Smith he will and should get 100% respect and be considered the P4P #1, and the only one with an argument against him is Spence but Spence could only overtake him if he goes undisputed at 147, even just beating Crawford alone wouldn't do it he needs to be undisputed, otherwise he gonna have to put in a lot of work at 154 before he can overtake Canelo.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Bet on diet Kovalev, brehs.:mjlol:

Can't wait to see Canelo fold Smith from a body shot and the haters gone claim Smith was drained.:blessed:

I wouldn't say diet Kovalev bruh. Callum Smith will probably be at Cruiserweight before his career is over. Only reason why he has been at 168 so long is because he has been wanting a Canelo fight. Canelo knocked his brother out, this is a respect thing for him.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I wouldn't say diet Kovalev bruh. Callum Smith will probably be at Cruiserweight before his career is over. Only reason why he has been at 168 so long is because he has been wanting a Canelo fight. Canelo knocked his brother out, this is a respect thing for him.

You know I'm just fukking with ya breh.:russ:

Just waiting for an official announcement so I can really act an azz.

& it's still the #Cartel on u hating azz bytches:banderas:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

He want payback for canelo making his brother give birth in the middle of the ring :scust:

canelo-e1474199695470.jpg

Had this eurocac doing Pilates like a 40 year old house mother :hhh:

2540076170001_5576036143001_5576016149001-vs.jpg

But this wouldn't be the first time canelo fukked up two brothers. Just ask the cotto brothers about that:lolbron:

The smith family Christmas bout to be awkward as fukk. Think about how the parents gonna feel. Poppa Smith just don't got that winning DNA. Mom's gonna have to let canelo smash if she wants a real champion in the house :mjlit:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
He want payback for canelo making his brother give birth in the middle of the ring :scust:

canelo-e1474199695470.jpg

Had this eurocac doing Pilates like a 40 year old house mother :hhh:

2540076170001_5576036143001_5576016149001-vs.jpg

But this wouldn't be the first time canelo fukked up two brothers. Just ask the cotto brothers about that:lolbron:

The smith family Christmas bout to be awkward as fukk. Think about how the parents gonna feel. Poppa Smith just don't got that winning DNA. Mom's gonna have to let canelo smash if she wants a real champion in the house :mjlit:

giphy.gif

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm on my phone so im not going to text a lot but y'all is sleeeeping on callum smith, don't let that Ryder fight confuse y'all. Canelo is favorite but I could absolutely see callum smith winning if this goes the distance. Canelo punch output has to be high in this fight

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I stand by what I said, Callum Smith can win this fight. Ryder has a whole different skillset and physical talents than Canelo. Canelo don't have the active feet like Ryder does to work his way in, he'll have to do it straight boxing upright, and that is how Canelo will have to win. Callum is too tall and too long for Canelo to try to beat him outboxing not to mention Callum can punch he Canelo put down Rocky Fielding in 4 rounds, Callum walked him down and stopped him inside 2 minutes, Callum can literally just jab his way to victory that way.

Callum Smith is going to come out and establish his jab. He can move side to side, and he is smart with his punches and good at exploiting openings, and with his massive reach advantage he can pick Canelo apart. Canelo is going to have to utilize upper body movement and try to wear Callum down in the early rounds with body work, because I don't think Callum is going to let Canelo touch his chin too much early he will be expecting it. Canelo is going to have to break him down, Callum has an excellent jab so that will be a lot easier said than done, and I fully expect Callum Smith to utilize his jab and his fairly good ability to use the ring. Callum's defense is solid, nothing special but it is good enough, doesn't drop his hands a lot or leave his jab out there, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Callum Smith is actually a good fundamental boxer, his style can be basic, but he is technically sound because he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but like I have said before he suffers from the same problem most Euro's do, he has no inside game at least not against someone smaller than him; I have seen him fight in spots on the inside, and he may be able to do it well against someone his size or bigger, but against a smaller opponent he is too long to compact himself to fight there effectively and Canelo will have to pressure him on the inside to the body Mexican style to win this fight, move his head and always make sure he is going for the body coming in until he can open up his chin.

Canelo is capable of doing this, but it took him 11 rounds to find Kovalev, Smith is a spring chicken compared to Kovalev with fresh legs and no history of stamina issues, granted both fighters may have a little bit of ring rust given the long layoff for both of them.

I predict Callum Smith by MD in this fight, although given the fact I saw he was bothered by Ryder's body work I an see a Canelo stoppage via a body shot sometime between rounds 9-12, while Callum Smith can punch I have no reason to doubt Canelo's chin, and no reason to doubt Callum's either he can take a punch, I do have doubts about Callum's ability to take a body punch though which I am sure Canelo will try to exploit.
Smith is custom made for Canelo..he's good on the outside but Canelo can do much better than Ryder..might be a squash match. Canelo once did a slick duck of Plant but at least Smith is his age. Lol.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't feel a way about the Plant fight falling through since, I knew the timing was off from the get go, but I definitely fukk with the Smith fight. Thats the fight I wanted all along anyway.

Smith was smart by keeping his weight down and training all summer. He always had the best shot since his circumstances were the most marketable for any situation including a quick turn around like we have here. He stayed in the gym so no weight fukkery like BJS, they share a common opponent, and Canelo beat his brother. Add that he's the lineal champ and you got decent marketable card on some last minute shyt.

Wonder how the close rounds gonna get scored now that the Goldenboy plot armor dlc is no longer available. :francis: