Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
, but when it was Spence 'fighting Porter's fight' after Spence repeatedly said he wouldn't take a single step backwards and was gonna go for a knockout in the phone booth nobody gave him credit for it, he didn't get the knockout no so he gets a deduction for that, but he kept his word on the first part.

he didn't fulfill his own promise and went life and death with a fighter people actually thought he'd "punish". All that and ppl didn't really roast him and just said it was a quality fight :manny:. Spence barely got criticized for not seriously hurting Mikey
I think the point about Bud was how he going get criticized regardless what he does. MM bout he stayed in the pocket, lost a round but whupped MM at his own game eventually walking him down but ppl only focus on him getting clipped :francis:

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he didn't fulfill his own promise and went life and death with a fighter people actually thought he'd "punish". All that and ppl didn't really roast him and just said it was a quality fight :manny:. Spence barely got criticized for not seriously hurting Mikey
I think the point about Bud was how he going get criticized regardless what he does. MM bout he stayed in the pocket, lost a round but whupped MM at his own game eventually walking him down but ppl only focus on him getting clipped :francis:

He had Mikey hurt in the 9th I believe. It could have been stopped then. For the Porter fight can't really make excuses, but I think he took him lightly. Let's see what a focused Spence looks like vs Garcia.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo this whole interview is a gem & I'm only an hour & 40 in

ive been saying imagine a podcast like this exclusively for boxing

have the nygga run through his story from AMs to the end of their career

Boxers have stories for days, and it be the guys that aren’t well known that have interesting stories

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Turned that bullshyt off after they spent the first couple of minutes talking about Floyd, ESPN boxing can't discuss boxing and the promotion of their fighters without mentioning Floyd.
Floyd living rent free in they heads jesus fukk

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
ive been saying imagine a podcast like this exclusively for boxing

have the nygga run through his story from AMs to the end of their career

Boxers have stories for days, and it be the guys that aren’t well known that have interesting stories
Facts..I follow boxing heavy & I'm not familar with Ross Thompson but his story is crazy..That Tim Austin/Olympics story :mindblown:
This might be my fav Floyd interview

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Life and death? 8-4...and the knockdown put it way over. Porter stayed busy but he Spence kept coming forward 12 rounds.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Life and death? 8-4...

8-4 fights can't be life and death? :gucci:
that's not how scoring works in boxing
(it was a split decision too btw, imagine if Bud got a split decision against somebody like Porter nikkas would be holding him to entirely different standards. just admit it)