Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hrgovic called out Hunter, that would be a really good fight that should be made. Hrgovic needs a step up cause he’s way too good for the opponents he’s been facing and Hunter needs a fight. Shame a fighter like Hunter can’t get a fight from anybody, would like to see him vs Ortiz or even Wilder, just give the man a fight. He genuinely seems willing to fight anybody but he’s just not getting the opportunities currently. Hope he’s back in the ring soon, plenty of interesting fights out there for him.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Him and cammarelle aint wanna go pro for some reason
Yeah this was always strange to me why some successful amateurs never turn pro. For once because the money it would bring but if he's good, doesn't really care about it, a little less materialistic, that's cool, but another reason is the pro game is the big league of boxing, way less ppl care about and remember amateurs than pros. The pro game has a lot more dimensions, variables than the amateur game with all due respect to the ams. It's a different world but still an amateur background is a good foundation.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yeah this was always strange to me why some successful amateurs never turn pro. For once because the money it would bring but if he's good, doesn't really care about it, a little less materialistic, that's cool, but another reason is the pro game is the big league of boxing, way less ppl care about and remember amateurs than pros. The pro game has a lot more dimensions, variables than the amateur game with all due respect to the ams. It's a different world but still an amateur background is a good foundation.
They seem comfortable with that salary they getting there. At least in Europe. Unlike Cuba where guys literally risk themselves to get out

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Kind of a :unimpressed: weekend of boxing but we’ve been spoiled the past few weeks. Hopefully Bud/Brook exceeds my expectations.The undercard looks real promising.
it was a horrid weekend of boxing

the pbc card was struggle from jump and rarely let up
the dazn card with the young prospects catching fades was straight..until it got to the heavyweight co mains and the mid main event

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Artur Beterbiev's Ring Return in Limbo, Trainer Says Top Rank Nixed Date
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Sun Nov 8, 2020, 04:56 AM EST

WBC, IBF light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev is not getting any younger, as he hopes to finally see action in 2021.

Beterbiev (15-0, 15 KOs) turns 36-years-old in January.

The boxer has been inactive since October 2019, when he secured the biggest win of his career with a knockout of previously undefeated Oleksandr Gvozdyk to unify the WBC, IBF world titles.

artur-beterbiev%20(4)_8.jpg

He was initially scheduled to fight in March at the Videotron Center in Quebec against Chinese mandatory challenger Fenlong Meng. This event was canceled at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Then the contest shifted to Russia, with several dates presented and pushed back.

Eventually, Meng was ruled out from the fight and a deal was finalized to face German contender Adam Deines.

There was a date set down for December 19th in Russia, but then it was pushed back to January 11.

Now the January date is also being ruled out.

According to Beterbiev's head trainer, Marc Ramsay, the January date no longer worked for Top Rank - so the entire event had to be postponed.

"It's the promoters' fault this time," Ramsay told The Canadian Press. "The date no longer suited Top Rank, so the Russian promoter who is hosting the event had to postpone the show."

Beterbiev will therefore have to wait at least until the end of January, perhaps until the beginning of February before defending his titles.

Ramsay was scheduled to join Beterbiev in Russia in mid-October to complete the Russian boxer's training camp. The plans have now changed.

“Artur will be back in Montreal next week,” said Ramsay. "After his 14-day quarantine, we'll resume training here. But that won't hurt Artur at all, he's still in the gym. Often I give him time off and he calls me to ask me to go to the gym."

Deines (19-1-1, 10 KOs) is ranked fifth in the IBF. He too has been inactive for a long time: He has not entered the ring since his knockout victory against Russian Yevgenii Makhteienko in September 2019.

its shyt like this that will be a direct correlation to when beterbiev eventually loses...it things like this that enhances the chance that joe smith has should they eventually meet for a unification to beat beterbiev

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
its shyt like this that will be a direct correlation to when beterbiev eventually loses...it things like this that enhances the chance that joe smith has should they eventually meet for a unification to beat beterbiev
Yeah though I think its more likely bivol than Smith to be honest