Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

i can dig this

tenor.gif

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Wondering why is that Lopez mentioned Haney first and foremost but Bob is pushing the idea of a Garcia fight.
:jbhmm:
It couldn't be that he knows Haney is a more legit threat huh? :mjgrin:

It sucks because it seems Lopez would really fight Haney but it doesn't seem at all like Arum is high on the idea, too afraid of losing all those belts.
Haney tried to enforce a fight with one of his fighters before and instead the whole franchise title situation was created.

If this goes like this further and Haney has to fight the old Gamboas of the world while his peers are getting title opportunities left and right he needs to step from Matchroom and sign with TR, it is what it is :francis:

Bob's a smart man , theirs a reason why he's been going around and away from Haney with all of his fighters
Ryan brings in more people to watch on tv or live, which means more money and if he beats Campbell also more proven. Not hard to figure out. I doubt Lopez is shaking at the thought of fighting someone whose best win is Old man Gamboa and can't sell tickets.
Haney has the belt this is a trash excuse and why often in boxing we don't get fights made quickly.
truthfully teofimo's energy is making me believe that he really wants haney so he can shut all that shyt up on who is what at 135
Hopefully you're right we will see after next month

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
No doubt it did bad. It flopped hard but I think they just put it on PPV in order to get the gate money they missed out on. I think the purses came out of the showtime budget but I could be wrong on this guess. Again they did bad numbers for sure.
Boxing shooting itself in the foot with the PPV situation.
Inflated purses made every second decent fight a PPV by today
the other thing is weirdly enough for me "being on PPV" is some kind of a status symbol to almost all of these guys and nobody tells them that being on PPV in itself is not a big achievement today, you also have to sell good to have bragging rights, I guess it's because they are around yes men.
They are also hinder fighters' visibility because nowadays they often go PPV prematurely without a solid fanbase who would buy it.

Nobody gonna do shyt though cause the sport is as decentralized as it gets and they are all scared that if they push down the purses their competitors will swoop their fighters. So everbody goes for the quick buck rather than taking less first but taking a lot more later.
The networks are the other actors that could do something about it, investing in fighters in the hope that it pays off later.

Just imagine if the Charlos would have been on a free FOX card... could have been star-making performances or at least contributing to later PPV successes but since it was on PPV now it barely reached a few hundred thousand people in the USA (including the replays).

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Bob's a smart man , theirs a reason why he's been going around and away from Haney with all of his fighters

Haney has the belt this is a trash excuse and why often in boxing we don't get fights made quickly.

who did he beat for the belt ? Here comes the everyone is avoiding him excuses on Gamboa and no one else wil fight him

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word...damn ladarius cant catch a break..from possibly being on 2 main cards as a televised undercard to being in a dark match
Lol I don't care about Ladarius, Rivera is the one, dude was just co-main on the Ugas-Dallas card. He's the dark horse at 135

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
on the flip side of that Spence admitted that TR offered him more money on his last contract re-up.
granted it was still some PBC belts for him to gather at the time but if he really wanted Bud the most it was an opportunity to make that move
they both eating and both marinating it to death.
I thought Spence said he was calling Bud out officially after the Garcia bout so it's disappointing if the rumor of him wanting Canelo is true :francis:
I don't think that anything will come off of that, Canelo is too big for him and a bad style matchup too

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Same kind of mindset we see around here about Canelo ducking and hiding. Scandalous.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
who did he beat for the belt ? Here comes the everyone is avoiding him excuses on Gamboa and no one else wil fight him
Take the first question up with Bob and Loma. If he's the slouch you say he is why is everyone dropping the below excuses to NOT fight another easy top 135lber with the WBC title.

A. he hasn't fought anyone lol at this being a excuse for other guys who ain't fight no one previously themselves :unimpressed:.
B. we have to build that up ( see Ryan Garcia)
C. He's not big enough to sell PPVs ( file this under tank)

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Take the first question up with Bob and Loma. If he's the slouch you say he is why is everyone dropping the below excuses to NOT fight another easy top 135lber with the WBC title.

A. he hasn't fought anyone lol at this being a excuse for other guys who ain't fight no one previously themselves :unimpressed:.
B. we have to build that up ( see Ryan Garcia)
C. He's not big enough to sell PPVs ( file this under tank)
Put some blame on his CokeHead Pops or his management for signing to DAZN when they shoulda known the situation when it comes to belts/politics as usual.