Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It's lovely..lol. saw his father talking about the injury was known before the fight. One loss and they crying like little girls.
Sadly this is all too common.
I get why they are doing it. To potentially sell a rematch, to give something to their most hardcore stans to fall back on and to explain to themselves too why they lost but god damn...

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Lol dudes can't get injured . I'm not sure what people wanting him to do tell the competing team before the fight?

yea i don't even think they using it as an excuse really. just stating what is was. they probably thought they'd win even with the injury the way he did against Linares and he took a L :manny:

really this probably a sign he about to enter a stage of career where he has nagging injuries that require long Keith Thurman style layoffs.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Sadly this is all too common.
I get why they are doing it. To potentially sell a rematch, to give something to their most hardcore stans to fall back on and to explain to themselves too why they lost but god damn...

he was either injured or not
they didn't hide surgery after win. they not hiding surgery after a L. If this was first time they revealed a problem with the shoulder I'd question the timing but you got a top doctor on record speaking in detail about what the issue with his shoulder is
everything ain't a conspiracy and having surgery don't erase Ls. Lopez still whupped his ass, haters still gon hate, stans still gon stan

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Lol dudes can't get injured . I'm not sure what people wanting him to do tell the competing team before the fight?
Nah I know this script.
Taking an L, not saying shyt right after then a day or few days later coming up with an injury. Pac did it after the Floyd fight, Wilder did it recently and now Loma. Some fans are selective which on they believe and which one they don't mostly based on their sympathies toward the fighter in question but I don't believe any of these. If they don't complain before the fight and they look ok on fight night don't come and tell me a few days later that they were injured the whole time. Either they lied during the lead up or they are lying now, anyhow sometimes they didn't tell the truth but from the eye test I think it's mostly the latter and these dudes were good on fight night.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
he was either injured or not
they didn't hide surgery after win. they not hiding surgery after a L. If this was first time they revealed a problem with the shoulder I'd question the timing but you got a top doctor on record speaking in detail about what the issue with his shoulder is
everything ain't a conspiracy and having surgery don't erase Ls. Lopez still whupped his ass, haters still gon hate, stans still gon stan
I don't like it because it tries to remove credit from the winner basically to give their hardcore fanbase something to cling onto and maybe also to somehow explain it to themselves.
Not everything is a conspiracy, sure, but when they only care to share these stories after a few days of thinking it really seems like an effort to find and excuse.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don't like it because it tries to remove credit from the winner basically to give their hardcore fanbase something to cling onto and maybe also to somehow explain it to themselves.
Not everything is a conspiracy, sure, but when they only care to share these stories after a few days of thinking it really seems like an effort to find and excuse.
"I Wasn't 100% Going Into This Fight"- Teofimo Lopez Makes an Interesting Statement - EssentiallySports
Which one gonna be played up though? They both likely weren't debilitating injuries seeing how they fought

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Wondering why is that Lopez mentioned Haney first and foremost but Bob is pushing the idea of a Garcia fight.
:jbhmm:
It couldn't be that he knows Haney is a more legit threat huh? :mjgrin:

It sucks because it seems Lopez would really fight Haney but it doesn't seem at all like Arum is high on the idea, too afraid of losing all those belts.
Haney tried to enforce a fight with one of his fighters before and instead the whole franchise title situation was created.

If this goes like this further and Haney has to fight the old Gamboas of the world while his peers are getting title opportunities left and right he needs to step from Matchroom and sign with TR, it is what it is :francis:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Wondering why is that Lopez mentioned Haney first and foremost but Bob is pushing the idea of a Garcia fight.

"bigger" fight and less risk to boot perhaps.
Lopez young, ain't like Garcia would be some slouch and it's still time to get to Haney

If this goes like this further and Haney has to fight the old Gamboas of the world while his peers are getting title opportunities left and right he needs to step from Matchroom and sign with TR, it is what it is :francis:

that's what PBC heads said about Bud. we at the stage where dominant promoters in a division don't get blamed for politics, the fighters supposed to just concede and take whatever deal to join and maybe get a good fight :yeshrug:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
"bigger" fight and less risk to boot perhaps.
Lopez young, ain't like Garcia would be some slouch and it's still time to get to Haney

that's what PBC heads said about Bud. we at the stage where dominant promoters in a division don't get blamed for politics, the fighters supposed to just concede and take whatever deal to join and maybe get a good fight :yeshrug:
yes in hindsight Bud should have left TR too, not sure how easy to do that though.
It seems like it's easy for them to leave Matchroom or GBP but Top Rank has a history of offering them a contract renewal like a year and a half before the original one would expire and if they don't take it they get shelved out of revenge until the end of their contract. Nobody wanna stay inactive for years.

With Bud it's maybe really just he is a stubborn dude and he said he doesn't have to do shyt, trusted his promoter to get him good fights despite knowing the political landscape and it didn't play out good (so far).

Haney is still very young but it's frustrating to see them blackballing him

As for Hearn he needs to either throw in the towel as far as his US roster goes or seriously get his shyt together asap and get these guys (Bivol, Andrade, Jacobs,Haney...) some good fights.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
yes in hindsight Bud should have left TR too, not sure how easy to do that though.
It seems like it's easy for them to leave Matchroom or GBP but Top Rank has a history of offering them a contract renewal like a year and a half before the original one would expire and if they don't take it they get shelved out of revenge until the end of their contract. Nobody wanna stay inactive for years.

With Bud it's maybe really just he is a stubborn dude and he said he doesn't have to do shyt, trusted his promoter to get him good fights despite knowing the political landscape and it didn't play out good (so far).

Haney is still very young but it's frustrating to see them blackballing him

As for Hearn he needs to either throw in the towel as far as his US roster goes or seriously get his shyt together asap and get these guys (Bivol, Andrade, Jacobs,Haney...) some good fights.

Fred on Barbershop conversations actually had Bob Arum on there the other day for an interview and Arum said two things that caught my attention(going to paraphrase clearly)
1. He has no problem with Crawford leaving TR to to to PBC to get the fights he wants.
2. Crawford is making a boatload of money over there at TR.

Like I said Crawford is very comfortable where he is at, he is working out his retirement plan right now and I aint mad at him get your money black man :salute:, just don't say Spence is ducking you when he fighting nothing but top comp while you playing 2k career mode on rookie difficulty.:ufdup:

Edit: Here is the video

Uno

Superstar
Daps

It sucks because it seems Lopez would really fight Haney but it doesn't seem at all like Arum is high on the idea, too afraid of losing all those belts.
Haney tried to enforce a fight with one of his fighters before and instead the whole franchise title situation was created.

Ryan brings in more people to watch on tv or live, which means more money and if he beats Campbell also more proven. Not hard to figure out. I doubt Lopez is shaking at the thought of fighting someone whose best win is Old man Gamboa and can't sell tickets.