Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've had this funny feeling lately that Wilder didn't want the rubber match.

He’s been very quiet, maybe his team are trying to pressure him to take it. The actual few quotes from him doesn’t seem like he wants it at all. If he wants the fight looks like he will have to take it by December or contractually it will be too late, unless they come to come to some sort of joint agreement.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He’s been very quiet, maybe his team are trying to pressure him to take it. The actual few quotes from him doesn’t seem like he wants it at all. If he wants the fight looks like he will have to take it by December or contractually it will be too late, unless they come to come to some sort of joint agreement.
I’d think it’s either one year from the first or the end of 2020, but I think it’s rather the former because when they discussed the possibility of it moving to early 2021 they didn’t mention that the clause would expire by then.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d think it’s either one year from the first or the end of 2020, but I think it’s rather the former because when they discussed the possibility of it moving to early 2021 they didn’t mention that the clause would expire by then.

Yeah possibly, think I heard someone say it had to happen by end of December but not sure about that. Should be interesting because if Fury fights someone else in U.K before then it’s unlikely he’ll fight Wilder by February next year.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Williams has amassed some hype by now, he improved since losing to Smith and he wiped Fox out pretty impressive, with that said BJS would be still a better win and a bigger fight for Andrade.

BJS still out here running from ass whuppins. :mjlol:

Yeah possibly, think I heard someone say it had to happen by end of December but not sure about that. Should be interesting because if Fury fights someone else in U.K before then it’s unlikely he’ll fight Wilder by February next year.

I think it's too late to take that fight for December. At least for Wilder's fans sake.

He takes the fight now and loses then you'll have the excuses about how this fight was too big to have such a short training camp after letting go one of the trainers.

Daps
Paul Pender has one of the oddest legacies I've seen. Edged out the G.O.A.T. twice, only man to knock down Carmen Basilio, went 2W-0L-1D in the 3 rematches he had out of the 6 fights he lost, had a true rivalry with Downes, and retired as champ.

But... Robinson and Basilio were near retirement, some argue he ducked dikk Tiger, he didn't have a ton of defenses, his career was hampered by hand injuries, and he's rarely found anywhere near even just MW great discussions among pundits & fans.

Maybe he'd be more talked about if SRR & CB had more success after their bouts but it's just good or bad timing for him depending how you look at it :manny:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Paul Pender has one of the oddest legacies I've seen. Edged out the G.O.A.T. twice, only man to knock down Carmen Basilio, went 2W-0L-1D in the 3 rematches he had out of the 6 fights he lost, had a true rivalry with Downes, and retired as champ.

But... Robinson and Basilio were near retirement, some argue he ducked dikk Tiger, he didn't have a ton of defenses, his career was hampered by hand injuries, and he's rarely found anywhere near even just MW great discussions among pundits & fans.

Maybe he'd be more talked about if SRR & CB had more success after their bouts but it's just good or bad timing for him depending how you look at it :manny:

Because in the 60's he fought the ghost of Sugar Ray Robinson who's prime was in the 40's. It's just a testament to how great he was to have the success he did in the 50's & a little in the 60's

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
uX5dRr.gif

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Canelo is a lock for the HOF, but you aint lying aint nobody gonna talk about him when he hangs them up. Canelo run has been Wlad levels at times as far as the excitement/hype behind it. People don't ever talk about him knocking out Khan, the Lara fight, the Mosley fight, washing Jr, even after the Kovalev fight people went back to talking about the same two things you mentioned immediately, Floyd and GGG. Canelo shouldn't just be linked to only three fights in his career.

Lol this isn't true at all. Shame to see the disdain y'all carry for Canelo.