Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Will be interesting to see this play out. I remember there were rumors Showtime was getting irked with some of Mayweather opponents after Canelo and before Manny. Gotta be hard to profit off these long term mega deals if the fighter has complete latitude to cherry pick who he wants to fight. Ppl acting like DAZN is crazy for demanding GGG again when they paying $350 mil on the obvious hopes of that trilogy :francis:. It is what it is. DAZN should just offer a settlement and cut their losses and Canelo should leverage this lawsuit to bounce from GBP and do his own thing and likely end up banking the same $35+ mil fighting who ever he wants
DAZN cant demand a fight that wasn't in the contract... DAZN is crazy for signing ggg to a $100m deal plus equity but he not required to fight "premier fighters" to get his purse.. He gets to fight bum after bum.. Meanwhile his stock dropping. If they really want a ggg trilogy they would be pressuring ggg to fight someone relevant

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Will be interesting to see this play out. I remember there were rumors Showtime was getting irked with some of Mayweather opponents after Canelo and before Manny. Gotta be hard to profit off these long term mega deals if the fighter has complete latitude to cherry pick who he wants to fight. Ppl acting like DAZN is crazy for demanding GGG again when they paying $350 mil on the obvious hopes of that trilogy :francis:. It is what it is. DAZN should just offer a settlement and cut their losses and Canelo should leverage this lawsuit to bounce from GBP and do his own thing and likely end up banking the same $35+ mil fighting who ever he wants

Pretty much....if dude wants to go..let him go...he can be like mikey garcia or cotto in the latter half of his career and do one off deals or whatever on his own promotional shyt

just want DAZN to rollout a fall boxing schedule with some fights for this year

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Pretty much....if dude wants to go..let him go...he can be like mikey garcia or cotto in the latter half of his career and do one off deals or whatever on his own promotional shyt

just want DAZN to rollout a fall boxing schedule with some fights for this year

It's time to let that DAZN subscription go, Pat.:francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
shyt. I forgot that you'd actually pay money to see Joshua vs Pulev or Golovkin vs. Wojcicki.

Just keep it, Pat.:francis:

i pay for DAZN and ESPN+ and other streaming services.along with premium channels that air boxing and actual cable. I have to emphasize "actual cable" because thats actually a thing with some people lol. Just like ive paid to watch horrid fights in the movie theater like Canelo vs Chavez Jr or Wilder vs Ortiz 2 with LSC in the co main event . Do you know why? Because its boxing, its convenient, and more importantly I can afford it. For me to think of getting rid of DAZN, boxing would have to completely disappear from it like it did for HBO (HBO is lucky that it has shows i fukk with so I kept it).

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
i pay for DAZN and ESPN+ and other streaming services.along with premium channels that air boxing and actual cable. I have to emphasize "actual cable" because thats actually a thing with some people lol. Just like ive paid to watch horrid fights in the movie theater like Canelo vs Chavez Jr or Wilder vs Ortiz 2 with LSC in the co main event . Do you know why? Because its boxing, its convenient, and more importantly I can afford it. For me to think of getting rid of DAZN, boxing would have to completely disappear from it like it did for HBO (HBO is lucky that it has shows i fukk with so I kept it).
We need more streaming services, paying for ppv is so fukking archaic which pbc had their own

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We need more streaming services, paying for ppv is so fukking archaic which pbc had their own

PBC messed up by saying they would deliver PPV quality bouts back to network TV in their inception and they ended up going back to PPV. I dont have a problem with PPV only if the matchmaking warrants it. unfortunately it does not most of the time. I even said ill be buying the Charlo PPV if its not offered in the theaters.

DAZN and ESPN+ were things i never really planned to keep. DAZN was because the WBSS was going to be airing on that which was huge since I'm a fan of it. That was more than enough for me to get it. Plus the 9.99 thing was clutch. ESPN+ i had no plans on keeping it past crawford vs horn. But it worked so well on my phone when i watched that fight I was like fukk it ill keep it :manny:

when movie theaters really started airing fights, it was convenient. Do I pay 70-80 bucks to watch a PPV at home that might be carried only by a main event..maybe.. or do i pay 13-20 bucks to watch in a theater if its an option? Kind of a no brainer. The cards that have aired on dazn. Only cost me 9.99 a month, I got more bang from my buck for the type of boxing fan I am.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Dazn :russ:

Bu Bu Bu Bu but you have to fight on DAZN :mjlol:

Tevin N Andrade rn :merchant:

GBP will go to ESPN with their depleted roster

Canelo don’t need Al .... they tried to snatch him up when Schaefer was trying to take over... they looked at his deal with GBP N said you good where you at Breh :ld:
Tevin and Andrade wanted to stay over there fighting bums and robbing the bank.. Nobody was demanding any "premiere" fights.. shyt was sweet before the pandemic... shyt looking real bleak for them nikkas now :francis: