Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Pac-Thurman was closer than Spence-Porter IMO. :yeshrug: Spence made Porter miss a lot of punches, and while Porter landed the most punches of any Spence opponent(threw the most also), Porter landed more on Danny and A LOT more on Thurman. Spence-Porter was mostly on the inside though unlike those fights which is why it was so 'ugly'.

Compubox is right though, Thurman did land more punches, I watched Thurman walk Pac down the majority of the second half of the fight, repeatedly landing stiff right hands. That body shot in the 10th saved him because Thurman was on his way to a comeback after the early KD. That fight was if you prefer the big moments over who was consistently landing more.

I think these fights were so intriguing and polarizing because the fighter that was expected to lose(Pac and Porter) did a lot better than people were expecting them to do.

The fight was polorizing cause we watched an old middle-aged senator in his 40s who boxes part time. take it to the bigger younger undefeated former unified champiom who was talking that good shyt leading up to the fight.. dropped dude in 1st round and almost made him quit in the 10th.. Old man got nikkas in her running to compubox of all places talkn bout "see look..Thurman made it a close fight with the old man" :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pac-Thurman was closer than Spence-Porter IMO. :yeshrug: Spence made Porter miss a lot of punches, and while Porter landed the most punches of any Spence opponent(threw the most also), Porter landed more on Danny and A LOT more on Thurman. Spence-Porter was mostly on the inside though unlike those fights which is why it was so 'ugly'.

Compubox is right though, Thurman did land more punches, I watched Thurman walk Pac down the majority of the second half of the fight, repeatedly landing stiff right hands. That body shot in the 10th saved him because Thurman was on his way to a comeback after the early KD. That fight was if you prefer the big moments over who was consistently landing more.

I think these fights were so intriguing and polarizing because the fighter that was expected to lose(Pac and Porter) did a lot better than people were expecting them to do.

pac vs thurman didnt really surprise me..thurman did his thing but he took a beating..dropped and was in trouble multiple times during the fight..it was competitive but not life and death... scored that shyt 116-111 Pac

spence vs porter brought spence down to earth with regards to cats thinking he was heads and shoulders above everyone at welter...he legit went life and death with porter..ive said it before the only fighter ive ever seen beat porter decisively was brook..in this fight the late KD was difference for spence winning on my cards by 1 and a draw

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
pacquiao-thurman-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

It was one of the best fights of 2019. 7-5, 8-4 type. Even heard sensible fans even give Thurman a slight edge.It was a Close fight, quit acting like it was a Domination :comeon:

Punch stats aside it was a clear win and especially if u take the whole fight in context. It was only close because an 40 year old pac was visibly slowing down and gassed. That makes it even worse on Thurman part that he couldn’t really capitalize on an old tired Pac-Man. Thurman only gained ground when Pac was resting. I dnt see how y’all give credit to that.

It’s the same as saying the second GGG/Canelo fight was close because Canelo took his usual 4 rounds off. Canelo beat GGG ass he just took rounds off and that made it closer that it appears. The Thurman/Pac fight was same way.

S/N...Canelo really is an all time great. He basically spots fighters 4 rounds every fight (By taking breaks) and still wins :wow:

Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA

:mjlol: You a super stan for Spence. Spence went life and death with Porter.

Pac didn’t go life and death with Thurman. It was an relatively easy fight for him. He just dnt have the gas tank as a 40 year old fighter but other than that Thurman couldn’t really do shyt was Pac.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
The fight was polorizing cause we watched an old middle-aged senator in his 40s who boxes part time. take it to the bigger younger undefeated former unified champiom who was talking that good shyt leading up to the fight.. dropped dude in 1st round and almost made him quit in the 10th.. Old man got nikkas in her running to compubox of all places talkn bout "see look..Thurman made it a close fight with the old man" :mjlol:

Almosy made him quit? He was snapping Pac head back towards the end of the 10th

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: You a super stan for Spence. Spence went life and death with Porter.

Pac didn’t go life and death with Thurman. It was an relatively easy fight for him. He just dnt have the gas tank as a 40 year old fighter but other than that Thurman couldn’t really do shyt was Pac.

Pac said Thurman was the hardest fight he ever had bruh, but y'all got it he dog walked him that what you wanna hear?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I'm not a Thurman fan, I aint finna defend him, but I see people say Thurman got outclassed and shyt and I'm like what fight did you fukking watch? :heh:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
breh there is a difference between CTE and going blind..they are usually not one in the same..unless the damage is in the area of brain where vision is controlled :manny:

yea not saying they the same, just saying boxing is a sport that's going use the athletes up and spit them out when the camps involved probably know the fighters shouldn't still be fighting. tbs it don't seem like Brook injuries are to the point he can't fight "safely" but we'll see i guess

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
pacquiao-thurman-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

It was one of the best fights of 2019. 7-5, 8-4 type. Even heard sensible fans even give Thurman a slight edge.It was a Close fight, quit acting like it was a Domination :comeon:
114-112 I think was the score I had. I’ve told y’all I have Pac a 10-8 for the 10th. Or 115-111 as a wider score. No way Thurman won.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

I agree with this too, I had Spence winning 116-111 but it was a war so it was dope.