Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yup. That's exactly what he's doing, and it's... fukking astonishing how badly this guy needs to make his shytty point.

Just no empathy whatsoever. Thank god Showtime canned him.
Like everytime he only references the cops to say its not a race issue..........never when a cop even shoots a white person.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Brook dumb as hell if he accepts that bullshyt :hhh:

Maybe jus maybe if Twitter Fingers would’ve fought good competition he’d be a draw outside bumblefukk Nebraska... he wouldn’t be getting out viewed by his undercard N Bob would have money to get him a decent opp

2020 Cory Spinks with a dash of Winky
:dame:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I misreading Paulie's quote? I don't think he's calling black people overzealous. He's calling the cops "overzealous, wild and.. unqualified."
He is but in doing so he's saying the cops treat everyone the same and it's not just Black folks who have to deal with police brutality. I wish dude would come out of retirement to get his head cracked once more.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Man is Usyk ever gonna fukking fight Chisora?

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Derek Chisora In Line For Oct. 31, Says Hearn
By Manouk Akopyan

Published On Wed Aug 26, 2020, 07:32 PM EST

A heavyweight encounter that was shelved due to the pandemic caused by coronavirus is back on the front burner.

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn has revealed that a showdown between Oleksandr Usyk and Derek Chisora is on track to take place on Halloween.

“I had a phone call tonight from Alex Krassyuk [managing director of K2 Promotions-Ukraine], who’s the co-promoter of Oleksandr Usyk saying, ‘Any news? We’re ready to go,’” Hearn told Sky Sports. “They’re the phone calls we’re getting quite a lot at the moment, and the pressure mounts on us to come up with [the fight against Dereck Chisora]. Dereck is training really hard. October 31st is the date we have penciled in for that fight, but it’s dependent on the current deal driving people through the doors and having some kind of gate or moving it internationally and having a site fee.”

usyk-chisora%20(2).jpg

The 33-year-old Usyk (17-0, 13 KOs) was set to take on Chisora (32-9, 23 KOs) on May 23 at the 02 Arena in London before COVID-19 sidelined the sport.

The fight will be just the second in the heavyweight division for Usyk, a 2012 Olympics gold medal winner and a former unified and undisputed cruiserweight champion.

The southpaw Usyk made his heavyweight debut last October with a stoppage win against Chazz Witherspoon in Chicago.

The 36-year-old Chisora finished last year with a 3-0 record with wins against Senad Gashi in April, Artur Szplila in July and David Price in October.

“Again, [Usyk vs. Chisora] is a really important fight. When this thing started, I had three main names and that was to deliver Whyte-Povetkin, Usyk-Chisora, and Joshua against Pulev,” said Hearn. “And to make sure the other stable could have the opportunities, keep moving forward and progressing their careers.”

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
pacquiao-thurman-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

It was one of the best fights of 2019. 7-5, 8-4 type. Even heard sensible fans even give Thurman a slight edge.It was a Close fight, quit acting like it was a Domination :comeon:
Compubox as an evidence tho :comeon:

I agree with it was a close fight, I think Pac won though, did a bit better and had higher highs in the fight.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Pac-Thurman was closer than Spence-Porter IMO. :yeshrug: Spence made Porter miss a lot of punches, and while Porter landed the most punches of any Spence opponent(threw the most also), Porter landed more on Danny and A LOT more on Thurman. Spence-Porter was mostly on the inside though unlike those fights which is why it was so 'ugly'.

Compubox is right though, Thurman did land more punches, I watched Thurman walk Pac down the majority of the second half of the fight, repeatedly landing stiff right hands. That body shot in the 10th saved him because Thurman was on his way to a comeback after the early KD. That fight was if you prefer the big moments over who was consistently landing more.

I think these fights were so intriguing and polarizing because the fighter that was expected to lose(Pac and Porter) did a lot better than people were expecting them to do.