Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
yup. That’s the problem with boxing fans. We discredit everyone that isn’t the elite of the elite. It’s like NBA fans only akwnowldging the top 5 players in the league as players that can ball, and everyone else is a “bum”...terrible way of viewing it. Writers don’t help either.

The Charlos are like your NBA all stars on an NBA all star team, but not quite the Lebron, Kobe, Durant level MVP/perennial All NBA First Team (unless it’s just a year or two). The Charlos are like the all stars that also might win a chip or two though and improve their overall status in history, but prob won’t be top 20 player of all time status.

A guy like Tony Harrison is like that NBA player that has all the skills and tools, talent and makes it look easy yet just falls short of being elite because of whatever (focus, etc, think Melo). Where as the Charlos might not be as skilled or as talented, yet they will out hustle to win the chip like a Ron Artest.
facts

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Honestly don't get why Charlos aren't bigger stars. I'm spitballing based off social media hype but it seems like Tank Davis is a more popular fighter. Def think dudes like Broner were bigger with a fraction of the success.
Charlos have passion/personality, trash talk, flashly, took 0s, give knockouts :yeshrug:
Sound simplistic but you'd think these guys would get more hype just off the fact they twins and that's an interesting angle to promote
Maybe this PPV sets them into the top tier

The axe murderer

Daps
Honestly don't get why Charlos aren't bigger stars. I'm spitballing based off social media hype but it seems like Tank Davis is a more popular fighter. Def think dudes like Broner were bigger with a fraction of the success.
Charlos have passion/personality, trash talk, flashly, took 0s, give knockouts :yeshrug:
Sound simplistic but you'd think these guys would get more hype just off the fact they twins and that's an interesting angle to promote
word.......

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Tank got the Broner rub and the fukkery with it..and is from the little nikka generation

I think that FOX doubleheader back in 2018 which they both underperformed took some of their luster away.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Tank got the Broner rub and the fukkery with it

I think that FOX doubleheader back in 2018 which they both underperformed took some of their luster away.

Yup
The stage was set for them to reach the next level and then they took a lil stumble that took them a whole year to work through.

I also feel like a Canelo/GGG/Jacobs/ fight would have helped raise their profile too if it would have happened.

The axe murderer

Daps
SomeGlamorousHornedviper-size_restricted.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yup
The stage was set for them to reach the next level and then they took a lil stumble that took them a whole year to work through.

I also feel like a Canelo/GGG/Jacobs/ fight would have helped raise their profile too if it would have happened.
Thats the thing jermall took that paper belt so passively. Derevyanchenko is a step in the right direction in comparison to his recent comp. But he needs another high profile bout, if he wins

Meanwhile Jermell is on a path for a rare 3 belt unification that only Andy Ruiz within PBC accomplished. Knocking off Rosario makes him top dog at a loaded division. A loss would prolly hurt him more than derevyanchenko beating Jermall