Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
you’ve been calling for jack to get a tuneup

i have breh...jack needs to lower his comp and rebuild...he hasnt won a fight in like 3 years

if he loses to someone like this, then id agree with you that jack prolly needs to start thinking about an exit strategy

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think wilder can box just at a lower level like Breland said his boxing level is :francis: . At heavyweight there is a lot you can get away with due to sheer size if you have athleticism.....much more than other divisions. Stirvine started age 25 or so, Ray mercer started late, AJ started relatively late, rocky Marciano? Late. Liston? 20-22 years old. Charles Martin? Age 22 and @malbaker86 says he walks this earf like a gawd

thats true to a degree but that has been used too much lately as a scapegoat for HWs that have some struggle in their boxing..particularly this era of heavies

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
thats true to a degree but that has been used too much lately as a scapegoat for HWs that have some struggle in their boxing..particularly this era of heavies
Yeah even some of the ones i mentioned definitely had skill and worked well to their strength. Now its like :patrice: With only guys like femi using their boxing IQ when needed

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I think wilder can box just at a lower level like Breland said his boxing level is :francis: . At heavyweight there is a lot you can get away with due to sheer size if you have athleticism.....much more than other divisions. Stirvine started age 25 or so, Ray mercer started late, AJ started relatively late, rocky Marciano? Late. Liston? 20-22 years old. Charles Martin? Age 22 and @malbaker86 says he walks this earf like a gawd

Former WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION Charles Martin :blessed:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I really don't get how people watch the Charlo's and think they can't box. They aren't flashy or full of special effects, but they definitely know how to box.

I actually rock with the Charlos. I think at most outside of the ring folks may be turned off with how emotional they are (really younger Charlo nowadays).

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see a lot of people saying that they have no skills, not here but on YouTube I see it a lot. They not perfect no fighter is, but they clearly can box.

yup. That’s the problem with boxing fans. We discredit everyone that isn’t the elite of the elite. It’s like NBA fans only akwnowldging the top 5 players in the league as players that can ball, and everyone else is a “bum”...terrible way of viewing it. Writers don’t help either.

The Charlos are like your NBA all stars on an NBA all star team, but not quite the Lebron, Kobe, Durant level MVP/perennial All NBA First Team (unless it’s just a year or two). The Charlos are like the all stars that also might win a chip or two though and improve their overall status in history, but prob won’t be top 20 player of all time status.

A guy like Tony Harrison is like that NBA player that has all the skills and tools, talent and makes it look easy yet just falls short of being elite because of whatever (focus, etc, think Melo). Where as the Charlos might not be as skilled or as talented, yet they will out hustle to win the chip like a Ron Artest.

Last edited: