Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Jacobs would be throwing those slappy ass punches at air

I aint even trying to over rate Plant because he is fresh on the scene with a lot to prove, but Jacobs was completely out of line saying he is the weak link when Callum Smith just had a rough fight and Billy Joe Saunders aint fighting nobody at all. That shyt was out of line, if I was Plant I'd be calling for that fight cause nothing I have seen from Jacobs has showed me he is anywhere near where Caleb Plant is as far as his skills as a boxer, like literally nowhere close.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
A major promoter needs to sign Alycia Baumgardner...

giphy.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Like bruh Showtime was known for having reggie ass fights and shyt, HBO always had the must see fights. I really don't get it, it only took like 6-7 years for them to fail? How did it happen so damn fast? Did Floyd leaving the HBO umbrella and laying down the current blueprint hurt them that fukking bad?

well you got that a little different..showtime was the real nikka fights...showtime boxing catalog is just as dope as HBO's...they just never had the presentation that HBO had in presenting their fights..which is why you've prolly seen me post about how badly showtime fell off since 2013 and why im shocked at how dope the PBC on SHO rollout is for this year

but anyways i owe you an explanation about hbo boxing..nikka had to go do a podcast so let me type quick so i can go sleep

that merger hbo had in the 2000s with AT&T and them slashing budgets

the ppl that had in hand in HBO boxing being notable one by one leaving..from the corporate to the broadcasting booth

more fights that used to be on par for their boxing after dark series (which a nikka loved) went to PPV

HBO and GB/Haymon fighters ending their relationship - this of course took Floyd among others off there. Showtime REALLY challenged HBO in 2012-2013 with their fight lineup..HBO should be thanking Timmy for scrambling his brains and getting beaten out of his prime in that war with Prov that had everyone :wow: and :whew: in 2013 lol

HBO trying to push ppl that had no business being pushed - the worst out of all of them was cletus seldin :dead:

Arum taking TR and leaving HBO for ESPN - this killed HBO Boxing for good...cuz if it wasnt for the Superfly series/115 fighters, 130 (salido, vargas, miura, berchelt, etc), light heavies in Ward/Kov and the middles (GGG, Canelo, Jacobs, Lemieux..eastern euros ..their cards were lacking and lacking in American representation(which is a thing ppl look at) haha..Ward was like the last real American star left on that channel I think and his personality is not necessarily TV friendly

Agendas within HBO personnel that ppl didnt like - that used to be a hot topic on here during the last 2-3 years of HBO lol..esp when certain announcers favored a style of boxing over a different style of boxing

ive been to all kinds of cards live but a HBO card is unique so its a sad that they arent around and i cant watch their catalog on hbo max

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Man that big shot he hit canelo with in the 9th had power but he kinda slapped with it. He turns it over it'd do much more damage

Exactly, He had the same problem with GGG. He'd let off hard slapping combos instead of putting his weight behind his punches and turning them over. A lot of Jacobs punches lack that snapping torque to them so they don't get the same impact when he lands on the higher caliber of fighters.

If you remember Raheem vs. Morales, during the early rounds Zahir landed a big right hand that sent Morales stumbling across the ring into the ropes. That's the type of impact we needed to see Jacobs have on Canelo and GGG with his shots. Instead we saw a big nikka land cuffing punches on smaller men that still kept coming forward on him.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Exactly, He had the same problem with GGG. He'd let off hard slapping combos instead of putting his weight behind his punches and turning them over. A lot of Jacobs punches lack that snapping torque to them so they don't get the same impact when he lands on the higher caliber of fighters.

If you remember Raheem vs. Morales, during the early rounds Zahir landed a big right hand that sent Morales stumbling across the ring into the ropes. That's the type of impact we needed to see Jacobs have on Canelo and GGG with his shots. Instead we saw a big nikka land cuffing punches on smaller men that still kept coming forward on him.
Its frustrating because he does have legit power but he does the Jamaican slap boxing sometimes