Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
True, but Top Rank has the worst track record when it comes to making simple in house fights that fans want to see.

Everybody gonna want Prograis Ramirez within a year, but we'll prolly get Prograis vs Zepeda and Pedraza, and Saucedo etc...:snoop:

When I first read this I was like ':russ:you right!' Then it turned to ':unimpressed:you right...'

:mjcry:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Rob Brant-Vitaliy Kopylenko ESPN+ Co-Feature For Alvarez-Smith Show 8/22
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon Aug 10, 2020, 09:17 PM EST

Rob Brant’s opponent has been secured for his comeback bout.

BoxingScene.com has learned that Brant will battle Vitaliy Kopylenko in a 10-round super middleweight match August 22 at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas. ESPN+ will stream Brant-Kopylenko as the co-feature before Eleider Alvarez and Joe Smith Jr. meet in the main event, a 12-round WBO light heavyweight elimination match.

Brant (25-2, 17 KOs), a former WBA world middleweight champion, hasn’t fought since Japan’s Ryota Murata stopped him in the second round of their rematch in July 2019 in Osaka, Japan. Dallas’ Brant upset Murata (16-2, 13 KOs) by 12-round unanimous decision to win a version of the WBA’s 160-pound championship in October 2018 in Las Vegas.

rob-brant%20(1)_3.jpg

Brant was supposed to return from this loss to Murata against Habib Ahmed on January 11 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. That fight, which ESPN would’ve televised, was canceled when Brant suffered a torn biceps while training early in December.

Ukraine’s Kopylenko (28-2, 16 KOs), who fights out of Oxnard, California, hasn’t boxed since losing a 10-round split decision to Montreal’s Steven Butler (28-2-1, 24 KOs) in May 2019 in Las Vegas.

Brant, 29, and Kopylenko, 36, are expected to meet slightly above the middleweight limit of 160 pounds.

Alvarez and Smith, meanwhile, will compete for the right to fight for the vacant WBO light heavyweight title next.

The Alvarez-Smith winner will face the victor between Umar Salamov and Maksim Vlasov for the unclaimed championship Canelo Alvarez gave up after knocking out Sergey Kovalev in the 11th round November 2 in Las Vegas.

Russia’s Salamov (25-1, 19 KOs) is ranked number one in the WBO’s light heavyweight ratings. Russia’s Vlasov (45-3, 26 KOs) is rated second by the WBO, one spot atop Alvarez (25-1, 13 KOs) and two spots above Smith (25-3, 20 KOs).

Alvarez, a Montreal resident raised in Colombia, and Smith, of Mastic, New York, were supposed to square off July 16 at MGM Grand Conference Center. Their 12-rounder was postponed late in June, when Alvarez sustained a shoulder injury while training.

the only thing i expect is brant will run the fade or get faded lol...both will prolly be spectacular

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

finally..pure incompetence by peter nelson

So after the recession in 2008 I didn't have HBO or Showtime cause I didn't even have a TV for a while let alone premium channels(:russ::mjcry:), didn't start watching boxing again until PBC started doing free boxing in '15 outside certain PPVs. What the fukk happened to HBO, they were synonymous with boxing. You would have never been able to convince me in 2009 that in 2020 Showtime would still be airing fight cards and HBO would be out the game. What the fukk happened because a lot of people on Facebook and Youtube blame HBO for the current state of boxing.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
So after the recession in 2008 I didn't have HBO or Showtime cause I didn't even have a TV for a while let alone premium channels(:russ::mjcry:), didn't start watching boxing again until PBC started doing free boxing in '15 outside certain PPVs. What the fukk happened to HBO, they were synonymous with boxing. You would have never been able to convince me in 2009 that in 2020 Showtime would still be airing fight cards and HBO would be out the game. What the fukk happened because a lot of people on Facebook and Youtube blame HBO for the current state of boxing.

Good question.

Al took his roster to Showtime and started the so called cold war between the networks. By the end of HBO boxing, I remember consistently reading that HBO and Arum were not seeing eye to eye on money, particularly for Pacquiao who wanted large purses despite declining viewership. Don't really know why they decided to dead boxing altogether though.

Really sad how they went out.

Edit:

HBO’s boxing demise was a slow death caused partly by its own doing and partly because of a change in the boxing business. Once the premium network for some of the biggest fights in boxing history, HBO’s dominance of the sport’s biggest events and biggest stars faded in recent years because of budget cuts, a decline in ratings, and promoters and fighters signing exclusive deals with other platforms.

Top Rank Inc., which at one time did major business with HBO, signed an exclusive deal with ESPN and its streaming service, ESPN+. UK-based Matchroom Boxing, which is making its presence known in the US, inked a deal worth $1 billion with DAZN, another live-streaming service. Meanwhile, Premier Boxing Champions, which manages many of the top American boxers, is aligned with Showtime and Fox Sports.

Makes sense.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So after the recession in 2008 I didn't have HBO or Showtime cause I didn't even have a TV for a while let alone premium channels(:russ::mjcry:), didn't start watching boxing again until PBC started doing free boxing in '15 outside certain PPVs. What the fukk happened to HBO, trehey were synonymous with boxing. You would have never been able to convince me in 2009 that in 2020 Showtime would still be airing fight cards and HBO would be out the game. What the fukk happened because a lot of people on Facebook and Youtube blame HBO for the current state of boxing.

You'll get a whole bunch of answers to that lol

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Good question.

Al took his roster to Showtime and started the so called cold war between the networks. By the end of HBO boxing, I remember consistently reading that HBO and Arum were not seeing eye to eye on money, particularly for Pacquiao who wanted large purses despite declining viewership. Don't really know why they decided to dead boxing altogether though.

Really sad how they went out.

Edit:

Makes sense.

Like bruh Showtime was known for having reggie ass fights and shyt, HBO always had the must see fights. I really don't get it, it only took like 6-7 years for them to fail? How did it happen so damn fast? Did Floyd leaving the HBO umbrella and laying down the current blueprint hurt them that fukking bad?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Canelo banished the alcoholic, woman beating racist via spectacular 11th round KO and this is how you ungrateful so called boxing fans thank him?

We're talking about a man who arguably beat Andre Ward, objectively gave him his hardest fight; avenged his loss against Eleider; and came back to knock out Yarde in a spectacular fight. Canelo jumped up two weight classes to beat the current WBO, former IBF and WBA champion, and you're acting like he fought Rocky Fielding.:gucci:

Golovkin, Jacobs, Kovalev in a four fight stretch is way better than whatever the fukk Saunders, Charlo or Andrade can put together, yet it's not enough for you ingrates. Just admit you'll never be satiafied because you're just trying to hate on the young superstar.:hhh:

Just pure hateration. Disgusting really, I expect better from this section.:hhh:

& It's still the #Cartel on you chorizo riding haters.:scusthov:

Jacobs and Kovalev is :camby:, no amount of mental gymnastics is gonna change my opinion on this. shyt was WEAK.

I was very happy when Canelo broke all these little G stans hearts though.:blessed:

Stop crowning fighters P4P when they haven't beaten anybody to be P4P. :ufdup:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
fukk it, I'm not gonna sit here and shyt on Canelo and Bud for their selective match making and ignore Jacobs vs Rosado. :hhh:
How many tune up bouts this nikka need. Chavez Jr to Rosado. What the fukk. :what:

I hope that shyt don't get made and we get something better.

I would love to see Jacobs vs Caleb Plant since Jacobs said Plant is the weak link at 168, step in there and beat his ass then since he the weak link. :mjgrin: