Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Chavez-Arce III, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Omar Chavez on September 25
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Tue Aug 4, 2020, 04:36 PM EST

Mexican icon Julio César Chávez, and five-time champion Jorge “Travieso” Arce, will face each other for the third time in an exhibition fight.

The contest will take place on Friday, September 25, behind closed doors, with live pay-per-view stream of the event through the superboletos.com platform.

During the usual Tuesday conference with the World Boxing Council, this event was officially announced, which is being done for charity, with proceeds to support vulnerable people in Tijuana and Culiacán, who are suffering from the coronavirus pandemic. And, the money generated from the card will also assist with granting scholarships to young people with addiction problems.

chavez-britisch%20(4).jpg

The card will be a two-hour event, which includes a boxing function, and a "post-fight" with interviews and comments.

The main event will be an exhibition match between Chávez and Arce.

For Chavez, the event will be special because he gets the opportunity to share the ring with his children.

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio César Chávez Jr. will also take part in an exhibition fight, and junior middleweight Omar Chavez will take part in a sanctioned eight round fight. Two preliminary fights will open the show.

The function will take place in one of the lounges of the Grand Hotel in Tijuana at 7:00 pm, and all the prevention and sanitation protocols indicated by the local health authorities and the World Boxing Council will be followed.

According to Chavez Sr, his son Julio is planning to fight in Mexico in October. He is currently suspended in the United States for failing to submit to a pre-fight random drug test, in connection with his December TKO loss to Daniel Jacobs.

"If they want to resume their careers, this will serve them for when there is already an audience. Let's see how Julio develops and how Omar looks. Julio plans to fight in October in Monterrey, but he is going to do the exhibition on September 25, and Omar will fight professionally over eight rounds,” Chavez Sr. said.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe Top Rank wants to make this fight :hubie:

Lomachenko-Lopez clash in jeopardy over money

The proposed bout between unified lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KOs) and IBF belt holder Teofimo Lopez (15-0, 12 KOs) tentatively set for Oct. 3 is officially in jeopardy.

According to a report from The Athletic, Lopez is balking at the $1.25 million offer from Top Rank for the fight.

Theoretically, Lomachenko-Lopez seemed like an easy matchup to make with both fighters being promoted by Top Rank. But the financial parameters on the business side of boxing have changed because of the current economic conditions as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

Spence, Garcia agree to Nov. 21 showdown

"We explained to them we have no gate, no closed-circuit," said Top Rank CEO Bob Arum of his talks with Lopez. "I mean, we're willing to pay him a big price, but again, I'm not going to lose millions of dollars on an event because he thinks he's worth more."

After Lopez knocked out Richard Commey in two rounds last December to win his first world title, anticipation for a showdown with Lomachenko at Madison Square Garden in the spring began to grow.

ADVERTISEMENT
Lopez's manager says he understands the situation but believes his fighter deserves a bigger payday for a fight of this magnitude.

Lomachenko, who holds the WBO and WBA lightweight belts, as well as the WBC franchise title, is considered by many to be the pound-for-pound best boxer in the world. Lomachenko is ESPN's top-rated lightweight, followed by Lopez.

tweeted out: "How you mad at me and I'm just tryna feed my family."

"If we don't make a deal with him, we'll move off," said Arum, who said that at that point he'd look for another opponent for Lomachenko this fall. "But I'm optimistic still that we'll come to terms."

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
A part of me wants DAZN to fail, because it's too many promoters anyway. :manny:
I want dazn to fail cause it'll make canelo a free agent :mjlit:......the fact that he's bound to this trash ass streaming service is garbage. Fights still look like they're in 720p:scust:.....I need Sergio Mora and Chris mannix out of my fukkin life already :hhh:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I jus saw on twitter... since Keith lost the WBC due to injury he basically has a Money in the Bank briefcase N can cash it in whenever he wants

Never thought about that... maybe him taking a L erased it?? But if not N Thurman crashes the ring in November :gladbron:

Swift v Thurman 2 goin be lit :youngsabo:
Where you see that?

I do remember Keith saying Sulaiman essentially told him he could challenge for the WBC anytime he wanted. But that was pre-Pacquiao. Idk if te circumstances have changed.

For what it's worth, he's currently ranked 5th by the WBC

1) Porter
2) Swift
3) Ugas
4) Mikey
5) Thurman

Swift is fighting Spence next, so that's that. Ugas is also #1 in the WBA and supposedly fighting for the regular title next. Mikey is #3 in the WBA rankings and is supposedly getting the Pacquiao fight next.

So really, only Porter is in Keith's way. The path is pretty clear, but we'll see how it plays out :manny: