Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ok I just hope they stop this clown show and reach a deal soon.

I'm not buying into the "they want to keep Loma away from him" for once because of Lopez would really knock Loma out, he would pretty much become a superstar overnight, it's their fighter, speaks English, young, cocky, can draw Latino fans... why would they be afraid of this scenario?

And secondly, because it won't happen and they probably know it too. Lopez has a little more than a puncher's chance, he has a "good puncher's chance" but still it's very likely Loma will be too much for him at this stage, if not because levels then because styles. I see Loma handling Lopez's style easier than the likes of Linares, Campbell, and Pedraza who all made him pay for his T-Rex reach for the weight cause they all like to fight long and keep things in range with a good jab.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Lomachenko vs. Campbell on Sky Sports PPV + in front of a sold out O2 arena is going to have a different pot than Lomachenko vs Teofimo in the middle of a pandemic.

The offer is low, but you can't pull money out when it's not clear what boxing can generate at this point. I don't expect Teofimo to get much more guaranteed money.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ajagba vs joshua when wilder/fury/usyk have been dealt with...:as long as his leaky defense is fixed...i like it

much more interesting than ruiz jr going after arreola (:hhh:) or charr (:camby:) who holds a rare regular title that pbc doesnt own :heh:

So you’re saying Ajagba in 2023 v The undisputed champ is more interesting than Donkey lips Tune up in 2020....

That’s quite the Hot Take there Pat :skip:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
when Ajagba signed to Prince this move was expected imo, I'm surprised he left Shields though, for a green coach, seems risky but we will see. He's right that he has to improve his defense first and foremost, offensively he's good, big power, good work rate, and punch variety for a HW. His defense is shytty though no two ways about that.

Anyone knows if Shields is PBC exclusive now and that's why he left him or he had different reasons?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
when Ajagba signed to Prince this move was expected imo, I'm surprised he left Shields though, for a green coach, seems risky but we will see. He's right that he has to improve his defense first and foremost, offensively he's good, big power, good work rate, and punch variety for a HW. His defense is shytty though no two ways about that.

Anyone knows if Shields is PBC exclusive now and that's why he left him or he had different reasons?

i dont understand the trainer move at all. hurd's trainer had him looking like complete shyt in that last fight of his...i fail to see what he could do that shields cant

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
i dont understand the trainer move at all. hurd's trainer had him looking like complete shyt in that last fight of his...i fail to see what he could do that shields cant
Yea, turning Hurd into a defensively responsible kind of guy instead his old style is not a success story so far

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If Arum stays on his fukk shyt, Teo might walk away temporarily and face his mandatory. Then come back next year when everything is cleared up.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Give Lopez a couple extra and make the fight

upload_2020-8-5_17-11-30.png

kambosos would prolly be his mandatory..hes signed to TR so arum could make the fight and he is slick enough to upset him..which would fukk things up royally lol

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If Arum stays on his fukk shyt, Teo might walk away temporarily and face his mandatory. Then come back next year when everything is cleared up.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Give Lopez a couple extra and make the fight

I feel you, but I don't think Lopez trying to stay at 135 for another year.
Plus then you gotta find a replacement for Loma if that happens unless he gon sit out and add more rust.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I feel you, but I don't think Lopez trying to stay at 135 for another year.
Plus then you gotta find a replacement for Loma if that happens unless he gon sit out and add more rust.
That's really the only thing why I don't like it. Lopez made it clear he only had 3 more fights left a lightweight, with Loma being the final fight. He can't stay at 135 any longer.

Lowkey think Arum knows this and is using it as leverage against Teo

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That's really the only thing why I don't like it. Lopez made it clear he only had 3 more fights left a lightweight, with Loma being the final fight. He can't stay at 135 any longer.

Lowkey think Arum knows this and is using it as leverage against Teo

Arum stay sabotaging his own fighters. :snoop:

Doesn't even matter if your one of his favorites. Seen JuanMa struggle and hit his ceiling against Rafael Marquez, but still proceeds with a Salido fight instead of the Gamboa bout we all wanted. Lets Horn and Bradley get robbery wins over Pac. Gets pissed and turns his back on Rigo after he beats Donaire. Gives Rios the Pac fight instead of Alvarado. Didn't know how to promote the Peterson brothers. Could never get Gamboa a marquee fight until he fed him to Bud which is still Bud's biggest fight to date.

and you still got nikkas signing to dude. :hhh::mindblown: