Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
If I had to guess Canelo fights Lemeuix end of the year ... Smith doesn’t do shyt until May waiting for that call

My fear is Benavidez gets his 2 tune ups in N thinks he goin get a Canelo fight N hold shyt up even more

Plant really needs Jacobs if that’s the case or he won’t have nobody to fight :stopitslime:
That 160/168 Division is really interesting...

All these potential dope fights thats gonna over marinate, you know we’ll be lucky to get 2 marquee matchups by the end of 2021 :francis:

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
u1eJta.gif

u1eMnG.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
looks like TR is going to take a chance on building this dude up

'Cassius’ Clay Collard will return to ‘The Bubble.’

The sport’s leading prospect slayer earned national headlines and a place on ESPN’s decades-long SportsCenter series following a split decision win over previously unbeaten David Kaminsky. The June 18 feat aired live on ESPN from MGM Grand Conference Center (a.k.a. The Bubble), where he will return just four weeks later on July 14.

Collard (7-2-3, 2KOs)—a former mixed martial artist—will take on fellow multi-sport athlete Lorawnt T. Nelson (5-3, 4KOs), a 30-year old South African now based out of Arvada, California. The middleweight bout will serve in supporting capacity to junior lightweight titlist Jamel Herring (21-2, 10KOs) in a title defense versus Puerto Rico’s Jonathan ‘Polvo’ Oquendo (31-6, 19KOs).

clay-collard-61920%20(2).jpg

For Collard, it’s a change of pace from the string of unbeaten prospects he has willingly faced in his three-year career. All 12 opponents to date have been either unbeaten or entering with just one loss prior to facing the now 27-year old from Cache Valley, Utah.

Three consecutive unbeaten opponents have fallen prey to the sport’s latest cult favorite, beginning with a six-round win over Quashawn Toler (9-0 at the time) this past January. One month later, Collard traded knockdowns with Raymond Guajardo (5-0 at the time) before blasting out the San Antonio native in the 2nd round of their pre-Super Bowl FS1-aired bout in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Following his celebrated win over Kaminksy, there came a demand for Collard to return to Top Rank’s ongoing summer closed-doors Bubble series. This time it will be as the perceived A-side, wearing a target on his back for Nelson, who is coming off of a six-round loss this past January in Golden, Colorado, mere miles from his adopted hometown.

Nelson has more losses than all 12 of Collard’s opponents combined, but also boasts a kickboxing background. The 30-year old boasts a 9-2 record as a kickboxer, including a 3-2 run on the Glory circuit.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
looks like TR is going to take a chance on building this dude up
Fair play to him but idk if he fights undefeated or close to undefeated guys because of marketing value (that's "his thing") or because he really wants smoke. As I looked up I saw maybe except for 1-2 of his opponents all were coming off a row of wins over losing record opponents, rookies with 2-3 fights and such.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fair play to him but idk if he fights undefeated or close to undefeated guys because of marketing value (that's "his thing") or because he really wants smoke. As I looked up I saw maybe except for 1-2 of his opponents all were coming off a row of wins over losing record opponents, rookies with 2-3 fights and such.
His thing is he upsets them. Hes not seeking them out. Promoters bring him as the jobber for young prospects and hes been beating the shyt outta them lol.