Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
When did Pac blow up? Pacquiao wasn't being talked about like that even after whooping Barrera and his two fights with Morales, both of whom were huge stars in Mexico.

Pac without Floyd Mayweather would be Nonito Donaire bruh, a respected fighter who for the most part would of been(or will be) forgotten about over time. Pac is completely a product of Floyd Mayweather not Bob Arum or Top Rank.

It's a lot of revisionist history in here, Pac wasn't making waves until they attached his name to Mayweather, just like Crawford wasn't making no names until they attached his name to Spence.

of course Pacquiao was talked about about like that. Are you serious? :heh: HBO and TR put that battery in his back and gave him the push...the floyd talks came when dude entered the welterweight division...even if Floyd wasnt there...welterweight was actually poppin. Pac had more than viable opponents to make his mark. When people talk about Pac's classic fights, no one mentions Floyd bruh. thats a silly idea and correlation that a lot of Floyd casual stans came up with for some odd reason. Floyd-Manny is not one of boxing's greatest moments or either highlights for both of them and it should have been. this is not a classic rivalry but rather a cautionary tale

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And watch Fury's next fight makes ZERO waves bruh, nobody cares about him like that bruh.

his next fight is Wilder...what are you talking about?

Plus the biggest fight in boxing to be made that would get the most attention is him and Anthony Joshua..provided those 2 get past their rematches and mandatories and shyt like that

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
a 40 year old Pacquiao in 2020 is PBC's biggest draw and no one on their active roster that can even challenge that outside of maybe Adrien Broner has since blew it since he can't win a fight no more

And he had to leave Top Rank to get the money he was asking for. He they biggest draw, but he don't even fight that much and PBC is still the most successful boxing promotion in North America bruh by a significant margin. Clearly PBC is doing something right, since they don't build up stars.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
his next fight is Wilder...what are you talking about?

Plus the biggest fight in boxing to be made that would get the most attention is him and Anthony Joshua..provided those 2 get past their rematches and mandatories and shyt like that

I could of sworn they was tryna get out of fighting Wilder, and Joshua and Fury gonna be sold by Joshua not Fury bruh.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And he had to leave Top Rank to get the money he was asking for. He they biggest draw, but he don't even fight that much and PBC is still the most successful boxing promotion in North America bruh by a significant margin. Clearly PBC is doing something right, since they don't build up stars.

what does the bolded have to do with Pac. Pac wasnt built up by PBC, he signed and is doing the thing that makes the PBC welterweight contingent look funny in the light..if PBC was doing something right somebody would have ushered Pac outta there :russ:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
of course Pacquiao was talked about about like that. Are you serious? :heh: HBO and TR put that battery in his back and gave him the push...the floyd talks came when dude entered the welterweight division...even if Floyd wasnt there...welterweight was actually poppin. Pac had more than viable opponents to make his mark. When people talk about Pac's classic fights, no one mentions Floyd bruh. thats a silly idea and correlation that a lot of Floyd casual stans came up with for some odd reason. Floyd-Manny is not one of boxing's greatest moments or either highlights for both of them and it should have been. this is not a classic rivalry but rather a cautionary tale

When did Pac become a mega star bro? If you say anytime before they attached his name to Floyd you full of shyt. Like I said Pac would of been a respected fighter with moderate success who would of been largely forgotten about if they couldn't attach his name to Floyd.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I could of sworn they was tryna get out of fighting Wilder, and Joshua and Fury gonna be sold by Joshua not Fury bruh.

no that fight is happening

and Fury as much as I hate to say has a little bit more foothold in America than Joshua because he managed to get a big victory in America and Joshua has not run it back in the US yet

the motherfukker had the crowd sing along with him loudly after he beat down Wilder, who is black and american..they both will sell because they are champions and are perceived as top fighters at HW

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When did Pac become a mega star bro? If you say anytime before they attached his name to Floyd you full of shyt. Like I said Pac would of been a respected fighter with moderate success who would of been largely forgotten about if they couldn't attach his name to Floyd.

id like to know who were these big stars you think that were talked about more than Pacquiao from 2003 on? :heh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
no that fight is happening

and Fury as much as I hate to say has a little bit more foothold in America than Joshua because he managed to get a big victory in America and Joshua has not run it back in the US yet

the motherfukker had the crowd sing along with him loudly after he beat down Wilder, who is black and american..they both will sell because they are champions and are perceived as top fighters at HW
I mean :mjgrin::francis:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
what does the bolded have to do with Pac. Pac wasnt built up by PBC, he signed and is doing the thing that makes the PBC welterweight contingent look funny in the light..if PBC was doing something right somebody would have ushered Pac outta there :russ:

How do they look funny in the light? They've all fought each other, Pac chose Thurman for a reason and you know it, it aint like he was lining up to fight Errol Spence or Shawn Porter bruh.