Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
That's your opinion bro, I watched Hearns get beat the fukk up by Hagler the exact same way Tito used to beat guys(granted Hagler moved his head more than Tito and was a natural middleweight) tucked his chin into his chest keep constantly making him fight. I can see situations with both of them winning, but given Hearns chin and tendency to get hit and start fighting a war I think he gets stopped bruh Hearns is a great fighter, ATG, but he is hella overrated at the same time.

Oba Carr had much faster hands than Hearns too bro and he kept his hands higher.

:heh:

Yes Hagler was the much bigger man naturally & could fight you in many different ways. He also had an ATG chin in the history of the sport.Tito didn't have neither of those qualities in him. That's a fact. Tito would have to take major chances not only close the distance but to get into position to get at Hearns & you think he could do that bro? Tito also needed his feet planted to get his shots off & you think Hearns would just let him do that? Tito never demonstrated he could do that to another elite fighter, another fact. When opponents put the jab on him he had all types of problems because of his footwork & inability to move his head consistently.

Sugar Ray Leonard who's one of the greatest fighters I've ever seen was getting his ass handed to him & getting ouboxed by Hearns for the whole fight. Leonard had to go & get him to get the job done but he got a detached retina as a parting gift lol. While Tito is great I just don't think he had that killer in him or the skills like the elites fighters to go after someone that way Leonard did & exploit Tommy's weaknesses

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Floyd Mayweather’s ex Josie Harris’ cause of death has been revealed as an accidental overdose involving fentanyl and Xanax

According to official records, The Los Angeles Medical Examiner-Coroner determined 40-year-old Josie died of “MIXED DRUG TOXICITY (FENTANYL, ALPRAZOLAM)."

ALPRAZOLAM, which is a medicine used to treat anti-anxiety, is more commonly referred to by the brand name, Xanax.

As The Blast previously reported, back in March, Josie was found dead in her car which was parked outside her in Valencia, California. She was found unresponsive in her car. Officials said one of her kids found her in the vehicle in front of their property

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
While he still has elements to his game he needs to work on, I personally think Jaron Ennis has a higher upside to him than either Spence or Crawford from what I've seen.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I know you stan the nikka since you got his pic in your avi, but Hearns aint no Mayweather bro. Man got knocked out 4 times because he was prone to get drawn into wars if he couldn't stay at range and punch your lights out because he stands straight up like a statue. Tito would keep his head in Hearns chest the whole time like Hagler did and stop him. Tito and his 1 dimension is a terrible matchup stylistically here. Not to mention Tito could punch, Hearns would get stopped within 9 rounds.

Tito fought De La Hoya, Hopkins, Jones Jr, Winky Wright, Pernell Whitaker, Hector Comacho, Freddie Pendleton, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga, William Joppy. All these are good fighters all on Hearns level, some I'd favor Hearns some the other guy.

Hearns aint some unbeatable juggarnaut bro he is an ATG and I recognize him as such, but he didn't even prove he was the best of his own generation for me to laugh at the idea Tito never fought anyone as good as Hearns.

Edit: AND as much as y'all may not like him Tito NEVER lost at 147. :umad:

there are arguments for mentioning hearns might not be the best of his generation..but talking about the likes of freddie pendleton being on hearns level goes a long way to invalidating a point...freddie pendleton has 36 losses...he is lucky he actually held a title :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
While he still has elements to his game he needs to work on, I personally think Jaron Ennis has a higher upside to him than either Spence or Crawford from what I've seen.

thats why showtime needs to throw him with a live body...his upside is high but i couldnt even put him over vergil ortiz now

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
there are arguments for mentioning hearns might not be the best of his generation..but talking about the likes of freddie pendleton being on hearns level goes a long way to invalidating a point...freddie pendleton has 36 losses...he is lucky he actually held a title :heh:

Tommy Hearns got knocked out by a guy with 19 losses bro. Then got beat again on points in the rematch. All I'm saying is they act like Hearns was some unbeatable juggarnaut and Tito aint ever fought nobody on his level, like I said Roy Jones Jr and Bernard Hopkins would of beaten Tommy Hearns as well De La Hoya would of given him hell as well(Roy would have flat out embarassed him bro), Tommy Hearns was the original weight bully if we being honest. His ass had no business at welterweight should of started at 160 at the bare minimum. Like I said Tito never lost at 147, Hearns did. It wasn't like Tito was bum bashing his division like GGG or Crawford he fought EVERYONE bro and his one dimensional ass never lost at 147. But y'all got it bro. :hubie:

And I still recognize Hearns as an ATG, but look at how Barkley stopped Hearns, what did he do that was special, he literally came out in round 3 and walked him down and beat him up. A level change or two, big deal, Barkley did the same thing all fight come straight forward once he set himself, started low ended high. There wasn't nothing special about it bro. At least Oba Carr would step back when he threw his jab, he stayed mobile which made it much harder for Tito, Hearns doesn't do that bro.

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Boots needs to sign with PBC and jump in there with Ugas since Ugas begging for a fight so bad. I'd welcome it if Boots got a shot at Besputin belt as well, doubt Bob let's that happen though.
Ugas would be a huge step up. I’m high on him but he is getting mishandled disgustingly, looking at who he’s fought within 25 fights.

I agree though, get with PBC fight a couple decent names and get in the mix to fight Ugas in late 2021/early 2022.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Ugas would be a huge step up. I’m high on him but he is getting mishandled disgustingly, looking at who he’s fought within 25 fights.

I agree though, get with PBC fight a couple decent names and get in the mix to fight Ugas in late 2021/early 2022.

Man Boots could beat Ugas right now. Ugas has decent skills but he is pillow fisted. Not to mention Boots has the faster hands, quicker feet, and he hits harder. Boots would beat Ugas 10-2 methinks.

Ugas really only looked as good as he did against Porter because Porter came into that fight out of shape, a mistake Porter didn't make against Spence.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Man Boots could beat Ugas right now. Ugas has decent skills but he is pillow fisted. Not to mention Boots has the faster hands, quicker feet, and he hits harder. Boots would beat Ugas 10-2 methinks.

Ugas really only looked as good as he did against Porter because Porter came into that fight out of shape, a mistake Porter didn't make against Spence.
Porter always fights to his competition level. He looked like shyt against Granados and Ugas, but rises to the occasion versus Thurman, Spence and Danny.