Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
So nobody I mentioned is on Hearns level? Alright bro y'all got it. :mjlol:

Bro, Tito is a HOF'er but stylistically he matches up terrible against Hearns. A 6'1 long lights out puncher that knew how to fight tall. He's a straight come forward in a straight line fighter that didn't move his head much. With Hearns elite jab plus his dynamite right hand (especially at WW) Tito is food. He's get blinded by the jab & the right and would follow down the middle something like:

I'm not even comparing fighters in any way lol but this is how I see a Hearns KO happening. Hearns knew how to setup that right hand like a marksman

@Yuzo what do you think bro?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Pea but he a totally different fighter so there’s no comparison and he was washed you bringing up guys he fought at 160 and above is irrelevant

I aint even a big fan of him, but Roy Jones would whoop Tommy Hearns ass in EMBARASSING fashion. De La Hoya'd footwork would gas him out probably, and Hopkins would be to hard for him to hit clean. I like Tommy Hearns but he is hella overrated. Realistically he is the worst of the Fab 4 of the 80s bro. Yeah he beat Duran, but look at that size difference Hearns is as tall as I am with heavyweight reach, Duran was a blown up lightweight. Leonard and Hagler both showed you what Hearns was. He could punch, he had range, but his footwork was limited mainly due to his stamina issues and he could be knocked out.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Bro, Tito is a HOF'er but stylistically he matches up terrible against Hearns. A 6'1 long lights out puncher that knew how to fight tall. He's a straight come forward in a straight line fighter that didn't move his head much. With Hearns elite jab plus his dynamite right hand (especially at WW) Tito is food. He's get blinded by the jab & the right and would follow down the middle something like:

I'm not even comparing fighters in any way lol but this is how I see a Hearns KO happening. Hearns knew how to setup that right hand like a marksman

@Yuzo what do you think bro?

Like I said, Tito would be in Hearns chest the whole time he would never get a chance to set up that right hand, he stands there like a statue bruh and if he does start using his legs he gasses.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Like I said, Tito would be in Hearns chest the whole time he would never get a chance to set up that right hand, he stands there like a statue bruh and if he does start using his legs he gasses.

You do realize Tito would have to get passed that elite jab & right hand bro? And when has Tito been able to do that against an elite boxer? If Tito tried what you think he could do he'd get walked into a lights out right hand.

Have you heard of Oba Carr? Kronk fighter trained for a bit by the late great Manny Steward. He's not nearly as talented as Hearns & watch this. Tito eventually got him but it wasn't easy

I HIGHLY doubt Tito would beat him in a mythical match

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You do realize Tito would have to get passed that elite jab & right hand bro? And when has Tito been able to do that against an elite boxer? If Tito tried what you think he could do he'd get walked into a lights out right hand.

Have you heard of Oba Carr? Kronk fighter trained for a bit by the late great Manny Steward. He's not nearly as talented as Hearns & watch this. Tito eventually got him but it wasn't easy

I HIGHLY doubt Tito would beat him in a mythical match

That's your opinion bro, I watched Hearns get beat the fukk up by Hagler the exact same way Tito used to beat guys(granted Hagler moved his head more than Tito and was a natural middleweight) tucked his chin into his chest keep constantly making him fight. I can see situations with both of them winning, but given Hearns chin and tendency to get hit and start fighting a war I think he gets stopped bruh Hearns is a great fighter, ATG, but he is hella overrated at the same time.

Oba Carr had much faster hands than Hearns too bro and he kept his hands higher.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I know you stan the nikka since you got his pic in your avi, but Hearns aint no Mayweather bro. Man got knocked out 4 times because he was prone to get drawn into wars if he couldn't stay at range and punch your lights out because he stands straight up like a statue. Tito would keep his head in Hearns chest the whole time like Hagler did and stop him. Tito and his 1 dimension is a terrible matchup stylistically here. Not to mention Tito could punch, Hearns would get stopped within 9 rounds.

Tito fought De La Hoya, Hopkins, Jones Jr, Winky Wright, Pernell Whitaker, Hector Comacho, Freddie Pendleton, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga, William Joppy. All these are good fighters all on Hearns level, some I'd favor Hearns some the other guy.

Hearns aint some unbeatable juggarnaut bro he is an ATG and I recognize him as such, but he didn't even prove he was the best of his own generation for me to laugh at the idea Tito never fought anyone as good as Hearns.

Edit: AND as much as y'all may not like him Tito NEVER lost at 147. :umad:

For once we talked about 147, and the only man Hearns lost at that weight was a prime Sugar Ray Leonard who would beat Tito too any day of the week and easier than he beat Hearns at that. I'd pick Benitez over Trinidad too. No disrespect to Trinidad as he was a great of his era but you grossly overrate him here and frankly, it seems like you are just fukking around at this point seriously mentioning the likes of Mayorga, Vargas, Joppy and Pendleton as guys on Hearns' level. You can say I'm saying it because my avi picture or whatever but don't make it out like I'd be the crazy, biased outlier here cause I'm not.
Hearns would be too fast, too powerful, too accurate for Tito. He'd catch him coming in and take him out. Prime Hearns destroys Trinidad, I've made my mind up on this, not even that difficult to pick. Tito is very high level, Hearns is even higher to me.