Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts he went the IBF route which the OG boxing heads dnt like but to a newcomer like me I see it as the most legit. Ain’t no ducking or bullshyt when u go IBF. That’s the most dangerous belt to be had IMO. The only downside is they are too strict about their mandatories.
And their rankings are dogshyt, which leads to trash mandos.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
None of the PBC 147 had it easy

Swift had the **** fight...Khan short notice short money under dog... Matthysse as underdog he scared he ducking Matthysse the next :deadmanny:

Porter fought Devon... AB catch weight

Thurman prolly had it easiest until the Porter fight but He did take the chino fight last minute N maidana said :whoa:
Those Swift fights were like 7 years ago :mjlol: So was Devon/Porter.

PBC has made some of their fighters go thru it, but none on a consistent basis.

I give y'all props for talking about the same thing from the start of Corona until now :heh: no shot at you @ChocolateGiddyUp

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'd advise you to get at least one of the two if you don't want hand injuries.
WRAPS AT THE ABSOLUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MINIMUM

I see a cat tryna hit the bag with bare hands, I'ma stop em. Whether it be at the gym or the sports store. That's a recipe for destroying your fingers up to your shoulders.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'd thought these dudes chill out after they get to be champions but no they keep these petty grievances about how they were sidelined by big names when they were just prospects. I'm thinking about Spence and Thurman now.

I get that it's frustrating as a prospect that you want to show yourself on the big stage but you can't but none of these dudes were really that disadvantaged and fukked over, both went with their career in a pretty steady pace, picking up titles in their primes backed by one of thes biggest "promoter" in the game in a glamour division where they were meant to be the two stars of the next genration of their roster. How are you acting like you'd be some African/Asian prospect or whatever without strong backers and you gotta wait your turn to a title shot until you are out of your prime and genreally you are meant to be just a footnote in a promoter's book?

And it's just boxing in general, how often do you see champions take on prospects "just because..."? Spenec and Thurman didn't get it worse than most in terms of carrer advencement, nah.
Crying over this well into your prime, championship years and saying you won't give anything either cause you didn't get the names you wanted as a prospect is just reinforcing the same system anyway, so what's the point?
Agreed,

Now if you heard Rat Man aka King Sor saying this shyt, when he was eating out of dumpsters and fighting, it makes more sense. Everyone has a right to air their grievances though.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Agreed,

Now if you heard Rat Man aka King Sor saying this shyt, when he was eating out of dumpsters and fighting, it makes more sense. Everyone has a right to air their grievances though.

right they can say all that..yet none of them have the background of a pacquiao who legitimately came from nothing...and you can tell because pac, even though he doesnt need to, still fights on his 40s....because at his core thats all he knows...i dont see these other cats doing that

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Stevenson: Valdez Knows I Would Beat Him Easily, My Style Is Not For Him
By Keith Idec

Published On Tue Jun 9, 2020, 08:36 AM EDT

Shakur Stevenson’s most approachable path to a 130-pound world title shot is to face the winner of the Miguel Berchelt-Oscar Valdez fight.

Berchelt, Valdez and Stevenson all are promoted by Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc., thus Stevenson versus the winner should be relatively easy to make. Jamel Herring, the WBO junior lightweight champion, also is promoted by Arum’s company, but Stevenson and Herring are friends, so Stevenson would agree to challenge Herring if it were his only opportunity to fight for a 130-pound championship.

The 22-year-old Stevenson considers Leo Santa Cruz the most appealing opponent for him within the 130-pound division, in which Stevenson will make his debut Tuesday night in Las Vegas. Santa Cruz has committed to fighting Gervonta Davis next, though, which leaves the Berchelt-Valdez victor as the most likely 130-pound champion Stevenson could challenge.

oscar-valdez%20(3)_13.jpg

Stevenson slightly favors Berchelt in that bout, but if Valdez wins the WBO featherweight champion isn’t sure Valdez would fight him. Valdez vacated his WBO 126-pound championship late last summer instead of making a mandated defense versus Stevenson, who won the unclaimed championship by out-pointing Joet Gonzalez in their 12-rounder October 26 in Reno, Nevada.

“I think Valdez is another one who knows my style isn’t for him,” Stevenson told BoxingScene.com. “I think he knows me and him don’t mix. He knows I would beat him easily. I think he knows that, but he just said in an interview that he wasn’t ducking me. He said everyone thinks that’s what it is, but he’s not ducking me. He’s going for Berchelt first and stuff like that. So, we’ll see when the time comes.”

Berchelt (37-1, 33 KOs) and Valdez (27-0, 21 KOs) agreed to fight for Berchelt’s WBC super featherweight title before the COVID-19 pandemic essentially shut down the boxing business in the middle of March. The native Mexicans were expected to meet sometime in May, though their fight had not been officially announced.

Arum informed BoxingScene.com recently that their fight will be rescheduled for an undetermined date later this year.

“I think that Berchelt will win because he’s bigger and stronger than Valdez,” Stevenson said. “But Valdez might surprise people. It really depends with them two who lands the best punch, because they both will be throwing bombs. I don’t know that Berchelt’s defense is that good, and Valdez throws a lot of power punches. I don’t know. We’ll have to see.”

Assuming Stevenson (13-0, 7 KOs) can’t secure a featherweight title unification showdown with England’s Josh Warrington (30-0, 7 KOs) in his next fight, the Newark, New Jersey, native probably will vacate the WBO 126-pound championship without defending it. The 2016 Olympic silver medalist will oppose Puerto Rico’s Felix Caraballo (13-1-2, 9 KOs) in a 10-round, non-title fight Tuesday night.

ESPN will air the six-fight Stevenson-Caraballo card in its entirety from MGM Grand Conference Center, starting at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

Valdez, meanwhile, made it clear recently that he isn’t avoiding Stevenson.

“Of course, I would love that fight, especially now,” Valdez told Top Rank’s Crystina Poncher during an interview posted to the company’s YouTube channel. “There’s a lot of people, including [Stevenson], who think I’m avoiding that fight. I’m not. I’m chasing my dream to become a world champion [in the 130-pound division]. I wanna fight for the world title with ‘El Alacran’ Berchelt. ‘El Alacran’ Berchelt is a tougher opponent than him. No offense to Shakur. Shakur is a great fighter. He’ll be up there. We’ll have to fight sooner or later. If he goes up to 130, I’ll gladly fight him.”