Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hassan N'Dam Transitions Into MMA, Signs With League ARES FC
By Manouk Akopyan

Published On Mon Jun 8, 2020, 10:09 PM EDT

Hassan N'Dam still has some fight left in him, but it will instead be in an MMA cage.

The former two-time middleweight champion N'Dam (37-5, 21 KOs) has signed a deal with upstart Afro-European MMA promotion ARES FC.

“First signature, I went with ARES, simply because you have to sign with the big guys. ARES is for me the best MMA promotion in France,” N'Dam said in a video published Monday.

hassan-ndam%20(1)_2.jpg

In the video, N'Dam can be seen outdoors hitting mitts with boxing gloves against ARES FC ambassador and UFC heavyweight prospect Ciryl Gane.

“At ARES, our objective is to develop the talents of Africa, the talents of Europe, and to date, Hassan has a main role in the world of combat sport,” said ARES president Fernand Lopez. “He started boxing back in Cameroon, and he proved to the world that he could go to the highest level. His idea to start MMA is to prove to the world that it can happen at the highest level.”

N'Dam, a 15-year professional, was last in a boxing ring in December, losing a unanimous decision to Fedor Chudinon as a super middleweight.

The two-time Cameroonian Olympian (2004, 2016) has lost three of his last four bouts.

The 36-year-old’s losses were sandwiched with a 2018 majority decision win over Martin Murray.

N'Dam has been in the ring against opponents like David Lemieux (loss), Callum Smith (loss), Peter Quillin (loss), Curtis Stevens (win) and Ryoto Murata (one win; one loss), but it is not yet clear what caliber of opponents he will face in MMA.

Although N'Dam seems to be putting a pause on his time as a pugilist, he’s still paying it forward by teaching others the sweet science.

N’Dam’s father-in-law recently overcame a battle with the COVID-19, and instead of gifts, N'Dam gave the staff at Villeneuve-Saint-Georges Hospital boxing lessons.

“[Material gifts] are things that won’t last. I wanted to leave something quite memorable. [The lessons will help in] letting off steam, getting rid of all one’s emotions. They have seen so many [difficult] things that they came here looking for something,” said N’Dam to AP. “Sometimes they came to laugh, to let off steam. Others came to discover something, others to learn, improve.”

do what you gotta do...i guess

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
None of the PBC 147 had it easy

Swift had the **** fight...Khan short notice short money under dog... Matthysse as underdog he scared he ducking Matthysse the next :deadmanny:

Porter fought Devon... AB catch weight

Thurman prolly had it easiest until the Porter fight but He did take the chino fight last minute N maidana said :whoa:
Breh, nobody wanted to fight Thurman back then. Like you said, Maidana ain't want to. All the other guys didn't want to, because he wasn't worth shyt back then.

Just like none of the guys wanted to fight Spence because he wasn't worth anything. Now that he's fought his way to the top, he can get any fight he wants and people want to fight him. That's the name of the game.

He sounds bitter when he brings it up complaining

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Breh, nobody wanted to fight Thurman back then. Like you said, Maidana ain't want to. All the other guys didn't want to, because he wasn't worth shyt back then.

Just like none of the guys wanted to fight Spence because he wasn't worth anything. Now that he's fought his way to the top, he can get any fight he wants and people want to fight him. That's the name of the game.

He sounds bitter when he brings it up complaining

You right ... he crashed Paulie Malignaggi press conference “you better not duck me thun” :russ:

N Porter was :hubie:when they had the belt N Keith didnt

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'd thought these dudes chill out after they get to be champions but no they keep these petty grievances about how they were sidelined by big names when they were just prospects. I'm thinking about Spence and Thurman now.

I get that it's frustrating as a prospect that you want to show yourself on the big stage but you can't but none of these dudes were really that disadvantaged and fukked over, both went with their career in a pretty steady pace, picking up titles in their primes backed by one of thes biggest "promoter" in the game in a glamour division where they were meant to be the two stars of the next genration of their roster. How are you acting like you'd be some African/Asian prospect or whatever without strong backers and you gotta wait your turn to a title shot until you are out of your prime and genreally you are meant to be just a footnote in a promoter's book?

And it's just boxing in general, how often do you see champions take on prospects "just because..."? Spenec and Thurman didn't get it worse than most in terms of carrer advencement, nah.
Crying over this well into your prime, championship years and saying you won't give anything either cause you didn't get the names you wanted as a prospect is just reinforcing the same system anyway, so what's the point?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'd thought these dudes chill out after they get to be champions but no they keep these petty grievances about how they were sidelined by big names when they were just prospects. I'm thinking about Spence and Thurman now.

I get that it's frustrating as a prospect that you want to show yourself on the big stage but you can't but none of these dudes were really that disadvantaged and fukked over, both went with their career in a pretty steady pace, picking up titles in their primes backed by one of thes biggest "promoter" in the game in a glamour division where they were meant to be the two stars of the next genration of their roster. How are you acting like you'd be some African/Asian prospect or whatever without strong backers and you gotta wait your turn to a title shot until you are out of your prime and genreally you are meant to be just a footnote in a promoter's book?

And it's just boxing in general, how often do you see champions take on prospects "just because..."? Spenec and Thurman didn't get it worse than most in terms of carrer advencement, nah.
Crying over this well into your prime, championship years and saying you won't give anything either cause you didn't get the names you wanted as a prospect is just reinforcing the same system anyway, so what's the point?

Funny thing is, with the exception of Thurman, Spence is gonna have fought everyone who ducked him bro. Not like he going on about it and not fighting them. Spence only took the Mikey Garcia fight cause Porter wouldn't unify with him, he only had the courage to fight him after the Mikey fight. He fought Porter and he fighting Danny, who now finally wants to step in there, and he took out the boogieman who nobody wanted to go see in Kell Brook, you know Spence is the only fighter at 147 to beat him. He can talk all the shyt he wants too.

fukk Thurman I'm tired of hearing about him, he gets talked about way to much for someone who cared more about being a vegan flute playing hippy in the mountains and fukked off and held up the division for 2 years with his bullshyt.