Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Danny better KO Spence all this riff raff y'all talking now, if he don't the amount of hell I'm giving #swiftset in here. :demonic:

#swiftset will be happy with a SD W :ahh:
5Jp406T.jpg

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Danny better KO Spence all this riff raff y'all talking now, if he don't the amount of hell I'm giving #swiftset in here. :demonic:

I reckon it don't work like that round here :mjlol:
All Swift has to do is look better against Spence than he did against Thurman and Porter and nikkas will be out here with the same ole "Spence overrated, his defense need to tighten up",etc.....

and you'll be in here replying to each one of those posts, because deep down you might believe it too. :mjcry:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I reckon it don't work like that round here :mjlol:
All Swift has to do is look better against Spence than he did against Thurman and Porter and nikkas will be out here with the same ole "Spence overrated, his defense need to tighten up",etc.....

and you'll be in here replying to each one of those posts, because deep down you might believe it too. :mjcry:

Let's hope Swift don't end up getting a 10 rounds to 2 masterclass put on him. :youngsabo:

Everybody see's weaknesses they can exploit, until they actually have to face the Truth. :sas1:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
When you throw a hook, what orientation should your fist be at upon landing?With your your palm facing towards you, or with your palm facing the ground?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When you throw a hook, what orientation should your fist be at upon landing?With your your palm facing towards you, or with your palm facing the ground?

Towards you, so you can hook it back to you. Any punch that isn't a straight arm punch(Jab or Cross) your palm needs to face you. Keep your palm facing the ground for straight punches.

Last edited:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Yeah, as odd as it sounds it feels like the force of the punch is riding up through my arm, into my neck, then terminates at my head.

It’s not a nerve type of pain, more of a force.

Damn near like I’m punching myself...just a quick jolt of pain then it’s over.

I just started last week though, and I have no idea what the fukk I’m doing...I’m certain my form is off which is likely a factor as well.

I kinda know what you talking about, or at least similar aspects. Just keep training, when the body starts to get warmer, flexible, stronger etc it will start to go away.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
When you throw a hook, what orientation should your fist be at upon landing? With your your palm facing towards you, or with your palm facing the ground?

Depends who you ask. Hook orientation, technique, methodology etc is a contentious issue, there's a lot of ways to throw a hook, and all are correct depending on whom you ask.

Common protocol is often neither, palm facing away.

Just follow whatever your coach says and then after a year or so of perfecting it you can develop your own.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man i wish showtime would find a division to invest in again...i miss when then they actually put some attention on the cruiserweights..shyt was dope

The CW division was fire during this time. There were never any bullshyt matchups on tv either. In order for these guys to get some shine, they had to fight the best available guy.

As far as Big Truck, I believe this is the fight that “shot” him. Jones was beating this nyggas ass right from the start if I recall correctly.

Hell that would be dope if a network just sort of selected the unglamorous divisions and put on this best fights like showtime did with CW. Just too much politics with the star powered divisions

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The CW division was fire during this time. There were never any bullshyt matchups on tv either. In order for these guys to get some shine, they had to fight the best available guy.

As far as Big Truck, I believe this is the fight that “shot” him. Jones was beating this nyggas ass right from the start if I recall correctly.

Hell that would be dope if a network just sort of selected the unglamorous divisions and put on this best fights like showtime did with CW. Just too much politics with the star powered divisions

i was in the house in worcester when braithwaite fought mormeck and USS fought jones - both fights were fire as fukk

i agree about braithwaite and jones...the fight only went like 4-5 rounds...but jones hammered that dude from the opening bell...one thing about guillermo jones..dude was an underrated elite pressure fighter with fukking stones for fists and a crazy chin...without being said...jones had a lot of fukkery with the shyt that chavez jr also got busted before..nikka was a true blue HW who somehow managed to get under 200...a lot of cats couldnt physically handle that and he would eventually beat them senseless..braithwaite could punch too but not enough to hurt hum

agreed that generation of cruisers was something...even with the dope fights that came from there..not one of them crossed over into something higher except david haye

USS - stayed at CW too long
Adamek - CW was his limit, should have never went to HW
Mormeck - was mad average at HW
Brathwaite - lost his chin
Jones - Couldnt lay off the diuretics; fought infrequently
Maccarinelli - Got knocked out every other fight after Haye cracked his chin
Bell (RIP) - dont know where it wrong with him
Davis - Broke his back and neck; shell of himself when he come back
Gomez - Lost his cuban discipline, ate and snorted his way up to heavy became average

i can go on

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was in the house in worcester when braithwaite fought mormeck and USS fought jones - both fights were fire as fukk

i agree about braithwaite and jones...the fight only went like 4-5 rounds...but jones hammered that dude from the opening bell...one thing about guillermo jones..dude was an underrated elite pressure fighter with fukking stones for fists and a crazy chin...without being said...jones had a lot of fukkery with the shyt that chavez jr also got busted before..nikka was a true blue HW who somehow managed to get under 200...a lot of cats couldnt physically handle that and he would eventually beat them senseless..braithwaite could punch too but not enough to hurt hum

agreed that generation of cruisers was something...even with the dope fights that came from there..not one of them crossed over into something higher except david haye

USS - stayed at CW too long
Adamek - CW was his limit, should have never went to HW
Mormeck - was mad average at HW
Brathwaite - lost his chin
Jones - Couldnt lay off the diuretics; fought infrequently
Maccarinelli - Got knocked out every other fight after Haye cracked his chin
Bell (RIP) - dont know where it wrong with him
Davis - Broke his back and neck; shell of himself when he come back
Gomez - Lost his cuban discipline, ate and snorted his way up to heavy became average

i can go on

David Haye wasn’t really in the mix like that at CW. These other guys were fighting each other while he was in the UK. He managed it smart though. I would have liked to see him fight some of these other guys, particularly Jones:russ:

I really believe Jones had HOF caliber talent. Every time I saw him he was clearly beating someone’s ass badly.