Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Andrade is sloppy. I think he gonna get himself stopped eventually when he steps up his comp.

You right, but he has staggering arm fatigue resistance for someone who swings and misses so regularly.

He has different styles, but every time i see him choose 'Whildin out Demetrius' mode i think he gonna be cactus in by rnd 4-6. He just keep going. :leon:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Me too that sloppy shyt is good against scrubs. But against the real deal I can see him slumped over..

One thing about boxing is that you will get exposed if it’s there. It’s just a matter of time.

I was legit thinking that Deontay Wilder was going to make it his whole career with his right hand blasting people out. Regardless of how many rounds he lost I felt like one touch and boom. It was hard to bet against that and yea his technique was shyt but you betting against wilder would have been hard from what we was led to believe. Fast forward now to him getting beat and bullied by Fury. Narratives change quick in boxing.

Hurd was a relentless brawler with an iron chin kind of like terminator...we knew he had flaws but we didn’t know that he would get his ass whooped in the trenches.

Kovalev was the crusher until he wasn’t and the world found out he couldn’t take a body punch to save his life..

Plenty more examples..Sometimes it just take the right caliber of fighter to expose it. Crawford is maybe a great fighter but I can’t take him serious until he fight better competition..we seen this story in boxing a 1000 times. Spence had a close fight with Porter but he is war tested between that and brook.
Good post. I like bud but he hasn't gone to war except against Gamboa. Got touched up last fight and against that hispanic breh a few fights ago. If Spence still has his prime form he stops him.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:whoa: I'm not gonna go that far now :pachaha:

I agree that BJS would have been a better fight for Canelo. But I'm not mad at Derevchenko for getting this fight because after his close fight with GGG (in which many people thought he won) it's not like he hasn't earned it :manny:
My only thing is why the hell is this at 168? If you're going to put him in after that war with Triple Gawd...make it for the 2 MW belts and lineal distinction at least.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
My only thing is why the hell is at 168? If you're going to put him in after that war with Triple Gawd...make it for the 2 MW belts and lineal distinction at least.

True, but, if Canelo and Oscar can make the fight official without 9 weeks of negotiations and pissing contests, I guess that's a win for the fans.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
2 of the biggest pump fakers in the game right now...

I can’t wait for Andrade to get exposed...:wow:the fact that people actually fall for his being ducked charade..he was in 154 and 160 and managed to miss all the fades that’s been handed out.
Andrade is too defensive for him lose in the fashion these c00ns want to him lose in. Begging for fights and EVERYBODY IS AVOIDING him. Sad.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah I was fooled for a while.. I still like his awkwardness and how he throws his punches... but he’s basically the 160 Version of Bud.

Both supremely talented but open to get hit , and we’ve yet to see them truly tested while already in the middle of their athletic prime.
Kind if gard to get tested when every name worth a shyt won't sign that contract.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden Boy Considering Anthony Dirrell As Canelo's Next Opponent
By Keith Idec

Published On Thu Jun 4, 2020, 07:37 AM EDT

Anthony Dirrell is among a small group of opponents Golden Boy Promotions is considering for Canelo Alvarez’s next fight, BoxingScene.com has learned.

Golden Boy, Alvarez’s promoter, is in the process of exploring a fight against a cheaper opponent than Billy Joe Saunders for the Mexican superstar’s next bout because he might have to box at least once without fans in attendance due to COVID-19 restrictions. In addition to Dirrell, middleweight contender Sergiy Derevyanchenko is another opponent Golden Boy is considering for Alvarez’s next fight, according to a Tweet by The Athletic’s Mike Coppinger on Wednesday night.

Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) and England’s Saunders (29-0, 14 KOs) were supposed to fight for Saunders’ WBO super middleweight title May 2 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Contracts had not been signed for Alvarez-Saunders, however, before that event was scrapped because of the global health crisis.

canelo-alvarez%20(7)_25.jpg

It remains possible Alvarez-Saunders could be put together again, but Golden Boy is seeking an opponent for Alvarez that’ll cost less than Saunders. The British southpaw reportedly had agreed to an approximate $8 million package for fighting Alvarez in a DAZN main event.

The 29-year-old Alvarez is expected to return to the ring September 14, though that date could change. The site of the four-division champion’s next bout hasn’t been determined.

The 35-year-old Dirrell (33-2-1, 24 KOs) lost his last fight by ninth-round knockout to David Benavidez (22-0, 19 KOs), but Dirrell is a two-time WBC super middleweight champion. Dirrell, of Flint, Michigan, also is a legitimate 168-pound opponent, whereas Derevyanchenko would have to move up from the middleweight limit of 160 to face Alvarez in a super middleweight match.

Ukraine’s Derevyanchenko (13-2, 10 KOs) also is a potential opponent for WBC middleweight champ Jermall Charlo (30-0, 22 KOs), which provides him with a high-profile, profitable alternative to fighting Alvarez.

Derevyanchenko stated during a recent appearance on “The PBC Podcast” that he expects to challenge Charlo “in due time.” The 34-year-old Derevyanchenko is the WBC’s number one contender for Charlo’s championship, but the WBC has not yet declared Derevyanchenko his mandatory challenger.

Dirrell is advised by Al Haymon, who has a contentious history with Golden Boy, but Haymon also advises Derevyanchenko and Daniel Jacobs. Alvarez beat Brooklyn’s Jacobs (36-3, 30 KOs) by unanimous decision 13 months ago at T-Mobile Arena.

Alvarez has changed his stance on fighting Gennadiy Golovkin (40-1-1, 35 KOs) a third time and would’ve welcomed that grudge match as his first post-pandemic appearance. Golovkin’s handlers have informed DAZN’s executives that the Kazakhstan native wants to stick to his original plan – a fight against the mandatory challenger for his IBF middleweight title, Poland’s Kamil Szeremeta (21-0, 5 KOs), and then, assuming he wins, a third showdown with Alvarez.

Alvarez-Golovkin III would have to take place before a crowd because Golden Boy and Eddie Hearn, Golovkin’s co-promoter, wouldn’t sacrifice the substantial ticket revenue that fight would produce.

Their first fight, which resulted in a controversial split draw in September 2017, generated more than $27 million in ticket sales. Their rematch, which Alvarez won by majority decision in September 2018, made almost $24.5 million from ticket sales.

The first two Alvarez-Golovkin fights were held at T-Mobile Arena.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Canelo finally stopping an old ass GGG would definitely be a legacy enhancer.

but if he struggles and goes life and death again regardless of the decision, their saga would prolly get looked at the same way most view the Ali/Norton trilogy. :manny:
It ain't no fukking legacy advancer..must be some sneaky Latinos fake pumping as black around herd with all this ass kissing over Canelo beating Felding, barely beating Jacobs, and stopping the faded out version of Sergay. Motherfukker won't fight anyone in his age group..no slick boxers..cant possibly call him p4p top 3 if this is his pattern. Its weak, contrived, and boring. fukk Canelo vs GGG 3. Trying to fight him at 40 after saying he didn't want a 3rd fight in the first place..he's scared of competition. Pitiful.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It ain't no fukking legacy advancer..must be some sneaky Latinos fake pumping as black around herd with all this ass kissing over Canelo beating Felding, barely beating Jacobs, and stopping the faded out version of Sergay. Motherfukker won't fight anyone in his age group..no slick boxers..cant possibly call him p4p top 3 if this is his pattern. Its weak, contrived, and boring. fukk Canelo vs GGG 3. Trying to fight him at 40 after saying he didn't want a 3rd fight in the first place..he's scared of competition. Pitiful.
100% agree. Canelo post GGG 2 fight hasn't fought anyone. Could have some super great fights but keeps playing it safe. I'm just not big on Canelo like most here are. The felding and Kovalev fights hold no water for me.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Senator Manny Pacquiao votes for ‘anti-terror’ bill decried as human rights violation

Senator Manny Pacquiao votes for ‘anti-terror’ bill decried as human rights violation

The bill was deemed “urgent” by President Rodrigo Duterte, an ally of Pacquiao’s
648504760.jpg.0.jpg

While his boxing career remains on ice due to the coronavirus pandemic, Manny Pacquiao’s role as a Senator in his native Philippines is keeping him busy. It’s also putting him in the crosshairs of controversy, as he recently voted for an “anti-terrorism” bill that’s been deemed ripe for exploitation to punish dissidents.

Though Pacquiao and the rest of the Senate placed their votes in February, the final incarnation of the bill only just cleared the House of Representatives. It is championed by President and Pacquiao ally Rodrigo Duterte, a divisive figure who once lamented that he didn’t get to go “first” during a gang rape and whose extrajudicial killing of suspected drug dealers produced a staggering body count.

The Philippines Commission on Human Rights, a number of church leaders, the National Union of People’s Lawyers, Greenpeace, and countless protesters have come out against the bill. Under its provisions, suspected “terrorists” could be surveilled for months and arrested without a warrant and held for up to 24 days, with no compensation for false detainment. Joining a “designated terrorist organization or group” could result in more than a decade of imprisonment.

The hashtag #JunkTerrorBill recently trended at the top of Filipino Twitter.

Pacquiao, who served three terms in the House of Representatives before winning a Senate seat in 2016, has drawn criticism in the past for homophobic statements and his push to expand the death penalty, including a recent call to re-introduce firing squads.

:scust:

Great fighter but on a personal level fukk this guy.
Even being in good relations with psychotic ass Duterte is pushing it but he's actually contributing to his regime.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
apparently he'd be cheaper than derevyanchenko lol..but he is a legit 168 pounder..he lost his last fight though
Derevyanchnko would be a better fight
Dirrell already seemed spent when Uzi stopped him and since then they got him beat by Benavidez too

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Derevyanchnko would be a better fight
Dirrell already seemed spent when Uzi stopped him and since then they got him beat by Benavidez too

derevyanchenko at 160 would be a better fight...at 168 doesn't make any sense

i think you are getting your dirrells mixed up lol. andre dirrell is the one that got washed by uzcategui and looked washed up, anthony dirrell is the one that got beat by benavidez

anthony dirrell at 168 makes more sense

but both are coming off losses

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Canelo will definitely end Triple G and it won’t be pretty.

And if he doesn't? Can we then indict Canelo for having 3 chances to "end" GGG and failing miserably?
The only reason why a third fight is even in the conversation and honestly the BIGGEST fight for Canelo , even with GGG marketability falling off a cliff lately, is that most think Canelo lost 1 if not both previous fights. Canelo needs to finally close that chapter of his career and DECISIVELY or it's a L