Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think Arum is more to blame for Gamboa career short comings than 50 cent.

For whatever reason, Top Rank could never get Gamboa a marquee star making fight on even terms. The JuanMa fight not happening really hurt his career. That was supposed to be his era rival an it never happened. By the time 50 came into the picture he was already on the slide and the Bud fight was like the biggest easy to make fight at the time for him. Bud was obviously too big for dude and was ascending. Just bad circumstances having a bout like that be your potential break through fight.

If Gamboa doesn't take that fight, he prolly eventually loses to some lesser random since he was already small for 135 an inactive. It was only a matter of time. :manny:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
One guy coming off of a war where his face was turned into a fictional comic book character while the other guy is coming off of a sparring session. :francis:

Trash fight. At least BJS would have been fresher. Hell, I rather see Munguia than this. :hhh:
:whoa: I'm not gonna go that far now :pachaha:

I agree that BJS would have been a better fight for Canelo. But I'm not mad at Derevchenko for getting this fight because after his close fight with GGG (in which many people thought he won) it's not like he hasn't earned it :manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:whoa: I'm not gonna go that far now :pachaha:

I agree that BJS would have been a better fight for Canelo. But I'm not mad at Derevchenko for getting this fight because after his close fight with GGG (in which many people thought he won) it's not like he hasn't earned it :manny:

I feel you. Dervechenko definitely deserves another title shot with that last effort. I guess I'm guilty of looking at it on some manager shyt. Its just that Canelo after a GGG war is a tall order, especially when you already had hard fights with Culcay and Jacobs in the not to distant past.

and Munguia definitely needs more seasoning, but his fight with Spike was a move in the right direction. I give him a better shot at Canelo than Krillin.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
One guy coming off of a war where his face was turned into a fictional comic book character while the other guy is coming off of a sparring session. :francis:

Trash fight. At least BJS would have been fresher. Hell, I rather see Munguia than this. :hhh:
:camby:With Manguia who is a literal punching bag who loss and robbed Hogan. Dervy will have had a nice lay off, 12 week camp and won at least 11 rounds off Jacobs and Triple G(I thought he deserved the decision against G). Saunders ain’t making it to the states because of the travel ban and his dumb ass comments about abusing women. It’s a better fight but Covid and his dumb ass fukked it up.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
DAZN gotta quit playing and Get this GGG/Andrade fight going.

2 of the biggest pump fakers in the game right now...

I can’t wait for Andrade to get exposed...:wow:the fact that people actually fall for his being ducked charade..he was in 154 and 160 and managed to miss all the fades that’s been handed out.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
2 of the biggest pump fakers in the game right now...

I can’t wait for Andrade to get exposed...:wow:the fact that people actually fall for his being ducked charade..he was in 154 and 160 and managed to miss all the fades that’s been handed out.
Yeah I was fooled for a while.. I still like his awkwardness and how he throws his punches... but he’s basically the 160 Version of Bud.

Both supremely talented but open to get hit , and we’ve yet to see them truly tested while already in the middle of their athletic prime.

Last edited: