Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Danny isn't a defensive wizard but he's way harder to hit clean consistently than Spence bro. He's better defensively because he moves his head more. Danny struggles with movers; not come forward fighters & that's going to play right into his strengths.

He could've beaten Porter but the Thurman we saw back then stylistically would always be a nightmare for him. The power, angles, & movement I think are just too much for him. He was hesitant in that fight because he got his shyt rocked in the first round & other rounds after that lol. He kept his hands in his pockets for most of that fight because of not only the power but the speed & angles Thurman was attacking from. He was very unpredictable in his attacks which made it dangerous for him whereas he won't have that problem with Spence; like you said he's very methodical & Danny could get his timing down & catch him with something.

Also Danny is one of the physically strongest WW's in the division. He's built like a tank & dense. Ask yourself this: when have you ever seen him get manhandled or muscled? Porter couldn't even do that & Porter's probably the most physically strong WW in the division & Porter was muscling Spence. I'm just looking forward to this fight
That's why I mentioned the Peterson fight when this fight was announced. That's exactly how I see spence fighting Danny. Just more relentless. Danny doesn't like pressure fighters that smother his offense. He likes space. And Spence won't give him any. I rewatched the Spence Porter fight the other day and Spence handled Porter's physicality very well. A lot better than I thought on first watch. Had it 7-5 Spence the first time. 8-4 on the rewatch. Spence went body to body with Porter for a full 12 and came out victorious. Nobody else at 147 can do that. Danny couldn't. That's why he gave away the fight. Cause he wasn't willing to bang with Porter when he needed to.

Danny has a chance. But I see spence slowly breaking him down and possibly stopping him late. Just from accumulation.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
it is

Jermell has done a good job differentiating himself from his brother.

he’s a real impulsive spender

They showed a glimpse of Mall’s house at the end. His house may be doper then his brothers.
When he got the studio it reminds me of breh who got a similar one in his house

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

ffs when this dude Mares will finally NOT get undeserved title shots? Is he really. still that popular or is that just a myth based on his past? Cause Idk why the hell fans would get excited about him in 2020.
Last year they tried to talk up Tank vs Mares like that would be some good fight and now this.
Mares got knocked out by Gonzalez in 2013 and ever since he only had 1 meaningful fight that he lost to LSC. Then LSC and him had the nerve of building up a rematch nobody wanted to see for a year or so with "tuneups" before it :hhh:

edit: forgot that this is not for an actual title, anyway, it's BS, Linares is a. better opponent at 135 even with getting knocked out at 140

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
HBO max doesn't have any boxing shyt.. Was hoping theyd add their huge library to it:mjcry:

im even more :mindblown: there's no roku app for this. i have a chromecast on my TV in my room so i can stream through there..but not the living room TV..shyt is annoying

also im not that impressed with the rollout..its nice to have quick access to old fresh prince or boondocks eps..but its largely :unimpressed:

14.99 per month and no boxing shyt? Hard pass

in my case...all i have to do is log in with my FIOS or AT&T login and i get it free of charge...they have boxing stuff but its like the docs they aired in the last 2-3 years..very few stuff...this would be a perfect opportunity to unload their fight library too but thats just too forward thinking lol

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Jamel Herring vs. Jonathan Oquendo Clash in Talks For July 2
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Sun May 17, 2020, 06:33 PM EDT

Puerto Rico's Jonathan Oquendo is in talks to challenge World Boxing Organization (WBO) super featherweight world champion Jamel Herring, as part of a card being staged by Top Rank on July 2nd in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Héctor Soto of H2 Entertainment, indicated that they are in the final details of the negotiations.

"At Top Rank, we were told that they are ready to stage events without an audience. They offered us that opportunity for Jonathan and we are working on it,” said Soto to Carlos Gonzalez.

jamel-herring_4.jpg

Oquendo (31-6, 19 KO) is ranked eleventh in the WBO rankings at 130 pounds. Last November, he surpassed Charles Huerta by unanimous decision.

Herring, meanwhile, conquered the world title when he defeated Japan's Masayuki Ito in May 2019. In his first defense, he defeated mandatory challenger Lamont Roach Jr. - who holds a decision win over Oquendo from when they collided back in May as part of the Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs undercard.

“When we presented Jonathan with the opportunity, he immediately said yes. He is training for this opportunity,” said Soto.

Herring had been scheduled to face former two division champion Carl Frampton in a high profile bout, which was targeted for Belfast. Because of the restrictions involved with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, that bout is going to be postponed until a later date.

don't know if it was posted before

anyway...
Oquendo gonna shock the boxing fans and knocks Herring out in the 3rd and all the marines gonna cry in the arena cause Herring lost

Herring UD... :heh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

ffs when this dude Mares will finally NOT get undeserved title shots? Is he really. still that popular or is that just a myth based on his past? Cause Idk why the hell fans would get excited about him in 2020.
Last year they tried to talk up Tank vs Mares like that would be some good fight and now this.
Mares got knocked out by Gonzalez in 2013 and ever since he only had 1 meaningful fight that he lost to LSC. Then LSC and him had the nerve of building up a rematch nobody wanted to see for a year or so with "tuneups" before it :hhh:

edit: forgot that this is not for an actual title, anyway, it's BS, Linares is a. better opponent at 135 even with getting knocked out at 140

I actually prefer Mares over Linares.... Linares always shyts the bed N jus got slumped by Cano :mjlol:

I don’t think much of Ryan Garcia but I kno he’s fast enough N has enough power to get to Linares early

Mares should be able to put in more work give a better account of himself... he was only ever slumped by that was by Jhonny 6 years ago N Dude got legit power now a scrub like Linares get laid out by

Mares has a way better chance to make it interesting :manny:

**Edit they both ehhhh opps tho... Garcia needs to fight someone his size that’s not washed already

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
don't know if it was posted before

anyway...
Oquendo gonna shock the boxing fans and knocks Herring out in the 3rd and all the marines gonna cry in the arena cause Herring lost

Herring UD... :heh:

i like jamel herring...he works hard and does what he can...but i just feel he could be upset by oquendo

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I actually prefer Mares over Linares.... Linares always shyts the bed N jus got slumped by Cano :mjlol:

I don’t think much of Ryan Garcia but I kno he’s fast enough N has enough power to get to Linares early

Mares should be able to put in more work give a better account of himself... he was only ever slumped by that was by Jhonny 6 years ago N Dude got legit power now a scrub like Linares get laid out by

Mares has a way better chance to make it interesting :manny:

**Edit they both ehhhh opps tho... Garcia needs to fight someone his size that’s not washed already
I like Linares more cause both Mares and Linares are past prime but Linares more recently gave Loma a tough fight until he got stopped and he's bigger than Mares who's a 126 pounder.