Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This was a real good win.

Golota came back after a long hiatus and I remember him looking really good. This was his first CLEAR loss since the Tyson fight. Maybe you can debate the Bryd/Ruiz fights, but there was nothing debatable about this. Lamon did him dirty.

I always picked against Lamon in every fight. He’s a tough guy and proved me wrong many times.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Wtf he trying to accomplish in that vid? That guy has no business being there ffs
He apologized since and it looked sincere to me so he's ok in my book but yeah it was poor. If we can believe him a poor judge of the situation rather than being cruel. Either way doing hard sparrings with dudes visibly not on your level is... :ld:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
exactly, especially when you factor in all the damn exchanges that fight had.
If you give Swift 9 rounds of constant exchanges, you prolly getting clipped at some point.
Right but I doubt he gonna fight him the same way. Porter could force himself on Spence even if he ended up losing a close fight, I don't think Danny will be able to do that.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

this guy is making solid videos but it would be great if not every 2nd breakdown of his would be on Pac. A great fighter but so many fighters were/are out there. I feel something similar about Lee Wylie (Duran, Lomachenko). They are making good videos, a bigger versatility wouldn't hurt though.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This was a real good win.

Golota came back after a long hiatus and I remember him looking really good. This was his first CLEAR loss since the Tyson fight. Maybe you can debate the Bryd/Ruiz fights, but there was nothing debatable about this. Lamon did him dirty.

I always picked against Lamon in every fight. He’s a tough guy and proved me wrong many times.

yeah Lamon had some damn good fights during his run. Much more entertaining to watch than Byrd and esp Ruiz during that time.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Right but I doubt he gonna fight him the same way. Porter could force himself on Spence even if he ended up losing a close fight, I don't think Danny will be able to do that.

Its more about not giving Danny the same amount of opportunities, than actually fighting different.
Spence footwork ain't on that level to where he can Thurman himself a win. He gonna have to be first and push Swift back, reset, let try to Swift come forward and repeat the process. Swift not gonna be running and lunging at dude cuz he closes the distance better jabbing than Porter does who really relies more on footwork/athleticism to do so.

all he gotta do is stay close to Spence and spook him into exchanges and keep at it. Like stalking pressure without the volume, but the countering intent is there. Swift has his lulls but he don't get discouraged like Mikey does so Spence gotta be on point the whole fight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Porter: Crawford A More Intelligent Fighter Than Spence; More Dimensions To His Game
By Keith Idec

Published On Fri May 22, 2020, 07:37 AM EDT

Shawn Porter doesn’t take it personal when he hears or reads about boxing fans wanting to see Errol Spence Jr. fight Terence Crawford more than a Spence-Porter rematch.

Spence-Porter was one of the most entertaining fights of 2019 and Porter definitely wants a rematch. But as an analyst for FOX Sports and a passionate fan of the sport, Porter really wants to watch Crawford-Spence, too.

If that much-discussed welterweight title unification fight ever actually happens, Porter expects Crawford to win. Porter and Crawford are friends, but he gave a detailed breakdown of why Crawford would win during the newest episode of “Stars and Champions,” which will debut on Impact Network on Friday night at 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT.

“When I analyze that fight and I take a look at the fighters and what they bring to the ring, that’s a fight that I think Terence Crawford could win and will win,” Porter told host Dan Rafael, a BoxingScene.com contributor and former ESPN.com writer. “I think that Terence is, I think he’s the more intelligent fighter in the ring. I think that he has more experience than Errol Spence. And I think that he’s been in a championship arena longer than Errol Spence. And I think that you take those things into account.”

crawford-kavaliauskas-fight%20(8).jpg

Porter dropped a split decision to Spence in their 12-round, 147-pound championship unification match September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Spence was a tremendously tough opponent, but Porter is more impressed by Crawford’s versatility.

“Take into account that Terence Crawford is great with his right hand, and also his left hand,” Porter said. “You know, he’s got power in both hands. That makes him unpredictable, you know? He’s gonna come out one round, see how he feels at the orthodox position. And he’ll come out the next round and see how he feels at the southpaw position. And he’s trying to determine how he wants to beat you. And on the other hand, Errol Spence is trying to figure out how to beat him with just the right hand and the left hand [from strictly a southpaw stance].

“Now he’s gotta figure out which way Terence Crawford’s gonna come at him. So, I just think that Terence Crawford has more dimensions to his game. I think that Terence Crawford is the faster and better boxer from the outside. And I think that if Errol Spence were to win that fight, he would have to win that fight on the inside. It would be an inside battle for him, but I do think that Terence Crawford would win that fight.”

The 32-year-old Crawford (36-0, 27 KOs), who owns the WBO welterweight title, and the 30-year-old Spence (26-0, 21 KOs), the IBF/WBC champ, are not expected to fight until 2021 at the earliest.

Spence could encounter Danny Garcia (36-2, 21 KOs) in a FOX Sports Pay-Per-View fight sometime in the fall.

The DeSoto, Texas, native hasn’t fought since suffering cuts to his face and dental damage during a one-car accident October 10 in Dallas. Spence was charged with driving while intoxicated as a result of that scary crash, in which he was ejected from a Ferrari that was traveling at a high rate of speed.

Crawford, meanwhile, might fight Kell Brook in the Omaha, Nebraska, native’s first fight following the COVID-19 pandemic. Spence knocked out Brook (39-2, 27 KOs) in the 11th round to win the IBF welterweight title in May 2017 in Sheffield, England, Brook’s hometown.