Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So far what do we have rumored.

June:

ESPN Top Rank - Shakur Stevenson, anyone else?
Supposedly there will be a card 2 or 3 times a week via ESPN and ESPN +

July:

ESPN Top Rank - Jamal Herring
ESPN Top Rank - Edgar Berlanga
DAZN - Ryan Garcia
Showtime - Jermall Chalro (hinted on his IG)

Anyone else?

It's crazy how PBC on FOX has been the highest rated by far with the most promo and best deal, yet we haven't heard anything from that side yet, just strange. Rumored to have studio fights somewhere though... but a little TOO quiet right now.

It's too funny that you keep living in this alternative universe where the PBC to boxing is what the UFC is to MMA :heh: Nah none of the big 3 networks/boxing universes are that much ahead of the others, if PBC would have the clearly superior product than its competitors I'd imagine they could acquire more top talent in recent years and at least got one of the two high-profile free agents of recent years, Canelo and Golovkin.

To the topic, I hope they come back sooner than later their fighters being mostly American or having American residence so I'd imagine it's a bit easier for them to stage high profile fights, they won't have to deal with the bans on international travels. Showtime already got a studio where they can stage fights, I guess part of that will be PBC and part of it will be Shobox. They can stage fights between their 154ers behind closed doors I guess, most of them except for Castano (who has a Teixeira fight coming up) are American and most of them are not that high profile. They should stage a 154er night, on the example of Superfly cards. I'd like them to make Charlo vs Eubank too at 160, both stayed in shape, they should be ready.

147 is probably a bit harder cause those guys are used to bigger paydays and idk how much they can give them now but I think they will solve it somehow. I expect Spence vs Swift behind closed doors.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's too funny that you keep living in this alternative universe where the PBC to boxing is what the UFC is to MMA :heh: Nah none of the big 3 networks/boxing universes are that much ahead of the others, if PBC would have the clearly superior product than its competitors I'd imagine they could acquire more top talent in recent years and at least got one of the two high-profile free agents of recent years, Canelo and Golovkin.

To the topic, I hope they come back sooner than later their fighters being mostly American or having American residence so I'd imagine it's a bit easier for them to stage high profile fights, they won't have to deal with the bans on international travels. Showtime already got a studio where they can stage fights, I guess part of that will be PBC and part of it will be Shobox. They can stage fights between their 154ers behind closed doors I guess, most of them except for Castano (who has a Teixeira fight coming up) are American and most of them are not that high profile. They should stage a 154er night, on the example of Superfly cards. I'd like them to make Charlo vs Eubank too at 160, both stayed in shape, they should be ready.

147 is probably a bit harder cause those guys are used to bigger paydays and idk how much they can give them now but I think they will solve it somehow. I expect Spence vs Swift behind closed doors.

:dahell:

You mean like Manny Pacquiao?? :aicmon:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:

You mean like Manny Pacquiao?? :aicmon:

Oh you are right they got Pac but since he was leaving another main competitor and I haven't read anything about others making a push for him it didn't come to my mind. With Canelo and Golovkin it's known that PBC surely and I think ESPN too tried to sign them.
Either way... bringing up Pac while legit, doesn't make my point invalid. There's no clear leader of boxing between the 3 main powers, let's not act like there would be one. And yes PBC should push more for top prospects/ under 25 y.o. fighters cause I think others are getting ahead of them in that regard. Like they should try to sign Ennis when it will be possible to sign him, with them being strong at 147 they would have a good chance I guess.
Ennis vs Ortiz seems to be the fight to make at 147 in a few years, though a lot can change until then.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oh you are right they got Pac but since he was leaving another main competitor and I haven't read anything about others making a push for him it didn't come to my mind. With Canelo and Golovkin it's known that PBC surely and I think ESPN too tried to sign them.
Either way... bringing up Pac while legit, doesn't make my point invalid. There's no clear leader of boxing between the 3 main powers, let's not act like there would be one. And yes PBC should push more for top prospects/ under 25 y.o. fighters cause I think others are getting ahead of them in that regard. Like they should try to sign Ennis when it will be possible to sign him, with them being strong at 147 they would have a good chance I guess.
Ennis vs Ortiz seems to be the fight to make at 147 in a few years, though a lot can change until then.

I wasn’t in in the original argument so I’m not goin speak on that much... I don’t put any set over the others they all get it from me

PBC has/had prospects ... their Mexican ones have been shytting the bed... which setting em back

Them being comfy with the ones on showtime without singing them N having them dip ... was dumb N also hurt em

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I'm not sure of it's really his backgarden or just the company HQ though but anyway I guess his wife got used to boxing by this time at least :russ: I mean... his husband is a major promoter so she must had to
hahahaha.. most likely a bullshyt HEY ITS HEARNS..MISS ME?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
This is some rich people shyt. Will probably have an exclusive audience of some of the wealthiest people in the world and will specifically put together a card with all of the boxers being nyggas to entertain them and bet on.
Im saying.,.rich white delight come here and fight..