Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This is some rich people shyt. Will probably have an exclusive audience of some of the wealthiest people in the world and will specifically put together a card with all of the boxers being nyggas to entertain them and bet on.

Im saying.,.rich white delight come here and fight..

right out of django and shyt...thats too fukking wild

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Facts. And couple of em were never stopped before. Foreman never stopped before or since. Same with bonavena. Liston's first time being stopped and the second match was so controversial people called it the phantom punch. That shyt was damn near the Marquez Pacquiao punch of that time but with a lot of doubt surrounding it

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You didn't see Plant gas out during the late rounds and get his ass kicked like Swift did against Peterson in the final 2 rounds. :patrice:

Bro everybody seen it, but gassing out VERY late in your very first world title fight when you were very active and dominant for the first 8-9 rounds isn't a huge red flag bro. Stamina issues can be fixed.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Bro everybody seen it, but gassing out VERY late in your very first world title fight when you were very active and dominant for the first 8-9 rounds isn't a huge red flag bro. Stamina issues can be fixed.

I was actually being sarcastic with breh. :mjlol:

besides Choc, I'm one of the few here that don't buy into all of the Plant has major stamina issues etc.... I felt like Plant won decisively and he didn't look all that bad towards the end. People be acting like it was the final rounds or Swift/Peterson or Pascal/Bute when in reality Uzi didn't do near enough to really get Plant on the edge of losing because of stamina.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
rau'shee warren didn't fix his smh. :francis:

To be honest, most boxers that got stamina issues, never seem to really fix them. They just work around it. Warren shyt bad though, because it be legit costing him fights.

Guys like Canelo and Pascal kinda make it work for em tho. Levels I guess.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
To be honest, most boxers that got stamina issues, never seem to really fix them. They just work around it. Warren shyt bad though, because it be legit costing him fights.

Guys like Canelo and Pascal kinda make it work for em tho. Levels I guess.
definitely levels. How many dudes with canelo stamina go as far as he did? Hell pascal works around it mostly but he looked absolutely horrible vs kovalev the second time. :picard:
He looked like a different fighter :picard:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Gabriel Flores Jr. Inks Managerial Pact With James Prince
By Jake Donovan

Published On Fri May 15, 2020, 09:09 PM EDT

The future of Gabriel Flores Jr. will come under new management.

In a surprise move, the unbeaten 20-year old prospect from Stockton, California has inked a pact with music mogul and boxing manager James Prince. The move was announced on Friday through the social media platforms of all involved parties.

“Building an empire, not a team,” Flores Jr. (17-0, 6KOs) stated on his verified Instagram account, accompanied by a photo of his signing a contract with Prince and his father in the background.

Flores Jr. captured headlines well before his pro debut, becoming the youngest boxer ever at the time to sign with Top Rank at age 16 in 2016. The signing was consummated six months later, when he made his pro debut four days after his 17th birthday on the undercard of Jose Carlos Ramirez (25-0, 17KOs) in May 2017.

gabriel-flores%20(8).jpg

Ramirez and Flores Jr. were both guided from the cradle to present day by Rick Mirigian, who has served as a driving force in developing both into sizable attractions in California’s Central Valley region.

Now tasked with that responsibility will be his new management team. Prince has worked with such boxing royalty as Floyd Mayweather Jr., Roy Jones Jr. and Andre Ward, and currently co-manages (along with Ward) current unbeaten featherweight titlist Shakur Stevenson.

The stable now includes a client who represents a series of firsts.

“Congratulations to Gabriel Flores Jr., the newest member of J Prince Boxing,” announced Prince. “He’s 17-0 and I am looking forward to traveling the journey with him to championship titles!

“We are excited to expand our team with our first Mexican oxer! Big-ps to his father Gabriel Sr. [w]ho’s doing a great job with his son.”

Flores Jr. is among the few fortunate boxers to have managed a fight in 2020. The occasion came on the undercard of the biggest card of the year to date. Flores Jr. scoring an eight-round decision over Matt Conway in supporting capacity to Tyson Fury’s 7th round stoppage of Deontay Wilder to win the lineal heavyweight championship in their rematch this past February at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The show came in front of an announced crowd of 15,816, with Flores appearing in one of four undercard slots allotted to Top Rank. The young prospect has grown accustomed playing to big crowds, having fought in front of more than 10,000 in an ESPN-televised undercard appearance last May in his Stockton hometown.

The bulk of his career has been showcased on ESPN and ESPN+, the strong push having come from Mirigian whose name was conspicuously omitted from Friday’s announcement. Whether intentional or otherwise, it’s not a complete departure as the Central Valley-based figure will remain on board for external business beyond contract negotiations.

“I will handle doing events for Flores from the ground up like I did prior moving forward,” Mirigian confirmed to BoxingScene.com. “Work with his dad on those major events and then sponsor stuff still, etc. Not that big of change, could help out overall as Prince adds a good element for Flores’ dad’s overall vision.

“I may not agree with things sometimes or his dad with things I do. But we always respect each other's choices and work best we can with the situation from that point to make it as good as we can for Gabriel. He is the number-one person in this.”

Flores Jr. will likely return to the ring this summer, assuming Top Rank works out the remaining kinks to launch a weeknight series on ESPN. The events will take place behind closed doors without fans in attendance, in compliance with social distancing guidelines during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.