Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
My nikka you did that first by making a big deal about Thurman going life and death with them like that's some bad thing (he aint go life and death with Swift, stop it)

then you say Bud, Spence, and Pac are a level above them when Spence just went life and death with Porter and Pac just went life and death with Thurman.
and Bud out here going life and death with Mean Machine:mjlol:

I can't even take you serious. :russ:

The Mean Machine stray :dead:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And? So was Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero once upon a time
Do you rank them as P4P? ATGs?
They a clear tier below Spence, Bud, Manny. They will be the first dudes ushered out when the next generation of welters emerge (Ennis, Russell, Ortiz)
I rate Porter at 147, he gives a tough out for anyone, they don't have to be P4P or ATG to elite guys a run for their money.
Now Swift I rate him a little less at 147 than Porter cause when he stepped up he lost but he gave Porter a tough fight regardless. Thurman beating Swift was impressive for me cause I thought he won handily. That stylistic matchup was never gonna be good for Danny.
Porter also gave Spence a similarly tough fight that he gave to Thurman

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Wonder what caused Mike to embrace boxing again.. for the longest time he would briefly discuss it , maybe drop an obscure Boxing history nugget and move on... guess that passion and itch is just something that never truly goes away for some :wow:

tyson is a student of boxing...i think he just had some demons he had to exorcise before he could come back...plus the MMA crowd gave him that respect that boxing really wasn't for a good while

i was really rooting for his promotional outfit to take off..he managed to compile some good talent..too bad some bullshyt fukked it all up

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
truthfully i think danny and porter will be outta 147 before the next welter generation fully emerges

Was going push back on this thinking Garcia was only like 29...dude is 32 :dwillhuh:
You probably right. They may only have handful of big bouts left in them before they are put out to pasture

I rate Porter at 147, he gives a tough out for anyone, they don't have to be P4P or ATG to elite guys a run for their money.

Can you clarify what you mean by "rate"?
Joshua Clottey was a tough bout to everyone he fought, no one is going to remember him or list him as some good win when talking about legacy
at some point I have to realize a fighter is usually just that....a tough match the elite favorite is almost always going to beat. I put porter in that category. He's competitive. When I look at elite top tier fighters i don't want them going life and death with him and IF THEY DO I downgrade how good I thought they were. We seen people beat Porter "cleanly" imo

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
tyson is a student of boxing...i think he just had some demons he had to exorcise before he could come back...plus the MMA crowd gave him that respect that boxing really wasn't for a good while

i was really rooting for his promotional outfit to take off..he managed to compile some good talent..too bad some bullshyt fukked it all up
in that hotboxing interview with ngannou you could tell tyson saw a younger him in francis.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
then you say Bud, Spence, and Pac are a level above them when Spence just went life and death with Porter and Pac just went life and death with Thurman.
and Bud out here going life and death with Mean Machine:mjlol:

I downgraded Spence for that cause we all thought he was going to "punish" Porter like he said he was. Not by much tho cause i still think he better than those guys
And most ppl here downgraded Bud for letting Mean Machine win a round or two despite knocking him out and whupping his ass but I digress
So apparently ppl downgrade fighters all the time for having competitive matches with lesser opponents, not sure why me downgrading Thurman is a big deal
especially when i made that comment in response to him getting touched by josesito lopez :mjlol:. run time ain't above criticism. he STAY in life and death fights
I didn't even view it as a diss to garcia or porter. nobody think they top of the division. they just contenders in the grand scheme of things.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Was going push back on this thinking Garcia was only like 29...dude is 32 :dwillhuh:
You probably right. They may only have handful of big bouts left in them before they are put out to pasture

well that plus the fact danny was talking that 154 shyt...he sees how those titles are getting passed around like the old WWF hardcore title with 24/7 stipulation :heh:..he figures i can prolly get a reign in myself :ehh:..porter i just think he's had too many hard fights at 147 and he is not making weight easy...i just think it will catch up to him and he will be back at 154 soon

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
well that plus the fact danny was talking that 154 shyt...he sees how those titles are getting passed around like the old WWF hardcore title with 24/7 stipulation :heh:..he figures i can prolly get a reign in myself :ehh:..porter i just think he's had too many hard fights at 147 and he is not making weight easy...i just think it will catch up to him and he will be back at 154 soon

Oh maybe they can catch Krillin on an off night but I don't see either of them dudes having a reign at 154. Won't hate on them trying tho

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I downgraded Spence for that cause we all thought he was going to "punish" Porter like he said he was. Not by much tho cause i still think he better than those guys
And most ppl here downgraded Bud for letting Mean Machine win a round or two despite knocking him out and whupping his ass but I digress
So apparently ppl downgrade fighters all the time for having competitive matches with lesser opponents, not sure why me downgrading Thurman is a big deal
especially when i made that comment in response to him getting touched by josesito lopez :mjlol:. run time ain't above criticism. he STAY in life and death fights
I didn't even view it as a diss to garcia or porter. nobody think they top of the division. they just contenders in the grand scheme of things.

Anybody that wasn't aSpence stan knew dude was gonna struggle with Porter. So don't say all, cuz I definitely wasn't in that group. Official fight thread says it all. Lot of humble pie at the end of that shyt for some people.

and Bud got downgraded for letting Mean Machine DROP him as well as winning a couple rounds and landing the same shot repeatedly. You don't ever post the whole story. Yeah Bud beat his ass, but he had to work for it more than EVERYBODY thought he would.

Lopez breaking Ortiz jaw and kicking his ass >>> anything Mean Machine ever accomplished. Dude is actually a proven world class fighter so Thurman coming off a long lay off and having ONE bad moment against him aint the end of the world. Remember Thurman didn't have a washed up Khan to shake the cob webs off against first like Bud did (and on ppv nonetheless)

Thurman had a life and death moment against Lopez, He even dropped dude before he got hurt. Crawford the one that had to get up and battle back.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Keep acting like Swift has only fought at 147

Like he didn’t clear out an entire poppin division N win fights nikkas said he wouldn’t even take

ATG Junior Welterweight :umad:

was the underdog against a prime Khan and Mattysse. :jbhmm:
Kendall **** more dangerous than anybody Crawford every fought.:ohhh:

Beat Peterson when it still meant something :birdman:

yup the bolded sounds about right. :obama:

Too bad he couldn't get that ATG Postol tho. :mjlol: