Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think ESPN/ DAZN can make it work.. but I think Ramirez Has like two Mandos, one being Postol :unimpressed:
ramirez had a mando and so did taylor...shyt before it was cancelled...i had a feeling that taylor's mando might rock the boat being that it was an unknown undefeated asian who can punch

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Regis is such a fukking choir ti watch fight. Idk but he is a standard ass boxing dude. He annoys me for some reason
That's interesting I think he has one of the more unique styles in boxing currently, he is an aggressive counter-puncher/pressure fighter who slips a lot of shots and has a distinct kind of movement. Out of the current fighters his style is similar to Canelo's the most but with different posture and defensively not as good. Definitely don't think he's like a textbook, "typical" boxer.

If we are talking about textbook guys I rather think of Mikey Garcia or Callum Smith, both are pretty much "by the book" just do it on different levels and with different physical attributes.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
That's interesting I think he has one of the more unique styles in boxing currently, he is an aggressive counter-puncher/pressure fighter who slips a lot of shots and has a distinct kind of movement. Out of the current fighters his style is similar to Canelo's the most but with different posture and defensively not as good. Definitely don't think he's like a textbook, "typical" boxer.

If we are talking about textbook guys I rather think of Mikey Garcia or Callum Smith, both are pretty much "by the book" just do it on different levels and with different physical attributes.

I dont mean that by his fighting style and fighting "by the book" but that he's just..meh to me.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yo I was completely under the impression that this card wasn't going to get started until the typical 8:30 PM main even start time, so my friends and I left for the arena DUMMY late.

We caught traffic driving from North Hollywood to the Ontario, everybody in the car silently coming to terms with the fact that we might miss the event altogether.:mjlol:

As soon as we walked into the arena, the crowd erupted as Ajagba got dropped HARD. We ended up watching that fight standing in the hallway of the nearest section we could find. The ushers were cool, no one telling us we couldn't stand there or that we needed to go to our seats, so we watched as Ajagba proceeded to retake control of the fight and stop Kiladze.

I really fukking loved the Toyota Arena. Any seat in there is great, and something about the crowd noise levels seemed amplified as well. It doesn't hold the capacity of a larger venue, but the energy in that crowd was way liver than when I saw Wilder Ortiz at the Barclays.

I'm sure Charlo Harrison did have something to do with it -- Yo Gotti, 42 Dugg, Errol and Jermall were all in attendance.

Hope that arena gets more events. I much preferred it over the StubHub center.

Edit: I think Rigo was supposed to be on this card too. Would've been a dope addition to the card.:wow:

any card i go to..i get there dumb early...whether i paid or get a credential...at the most i miss the absolute first fight on the non televised portion...but from top to end..its only right to stay

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If this was the case DAZN would get millions of subscribers during Canelo fights, in hey haven’t

DAZN will fail in the US for the same reason Top Rank is bleeding out money: they refuse to push American fighters, mainly because most good American fighters are black.

Like I said watch the PBC start to push the shyt out of Caleb Plant when this quarantine is over, they already the most succesful boxing promotion in the US, Plant will push them over the top.

I aint gonna knock $40 PPV though, a lot of people got priced out of the sport which is why it's popularity declined, but a price drop alone won't be enough.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sergio Martinez, Marcos Maidana Have Interest in Fighting Each Other
By Elisinio Castillo

Published On Mon May 4, 2020, 01:27 PM EDT

A few days ago, Argentina's Marcos Maidana, the former junior welterweight and welterweight champion, had surprised everyone by saying that he would be interested in a fight with countryman and fellow two-division champion Sergio Martinez.

Both Maidana and Martinez were planning to return to action in 2020 - with their respective comebacks being postponed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Maidana (35-5, 31 KOs), 36-years-old and inactive since September 2014, embraced the idea of a fight with Martinez.

"I would be interested. It would be necessary to set a date. If it's Martinez, and if I am not physically well prepared, I can't win. I don't want to lose. If I feel perfect, I can accept any challenge," Maidana said.

sergio-martinez.JPG

For his part, Martinez (51-3-2, 28 KOs), 45-years-old, has been away from the ring for about the same period of time, with no action since a knockout loss to Miguel Cotto in June of 2014.

While Maidana's comeback is in limbo for the moment, Martinez is still motivated to return to the ring by the end of the year.

A fight with Maidana? Martinez would be honored to accept that match.

"If there is a fight to be done with Chino, it would be an honor. He is a historian. In 100 years, he will be talked about, just like me, as two of the best of this era. Sharing a ring with him would be an adventure. Just imagining how it would be when we would do the press conferences, the face-offs. As an experience it would be great," Martinez told Outside the Ring.

"It would be great for me to be in the ring with Maidana. It would be a luxury for me to share a ring with [Mayweather], and with Maidana as well. It would be great. I would have to see how it develops in the immediate future. Maidana has not boxed for five or six years. He has to see how he feels when he has to make the weight, when he has to really train to fight. I have to see how I feel when I have to make the weight. I had to weigh 100 kilos [220-pounds] for a movie. I started to go down when I programmed myself to box again.

"I'm enjoying the day to day in the gym. I'm having a good physical and mental response too. I've had a lot of improvements. I had to adapt and the legs are gaining speed little by little. We are working well with my physical trainer. If I can do a fight, great. If I win, much better."

:hhh: i hate to see once great/very good fighters do fights like this...and the thing is they arent broke either