Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If we going by resume, yes he is. If we going by the eye test, Canelo has never been that much ahead of his peers. His shytty stamina and low activity levels prevents that.
His stamina really improved over the years, his output isn’t the best but not bad either.
I just don’t see Charlo as a particularly difficult matchup for him.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
His stamina really improved over the years, his output isn’t the best but not bad either.
I just don’t see Charlo as a particularly difficult matchup for him.

In a lot of ways Charlo wouldn't be for hik, but at the same time Charlo is also all types of wrong for Canelo at the same time.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Spence Can't Spar Until Posts In Mouth Replaced By Permanent Teeth
By Keith Idec

Published On Tue Apr 28, 2020, 04:10 PM EDT

Errol Spence Jr. isn’t worried what will happen the first time he is allowed to spar since suffering serious injuries in a scary car accident 6½ months ago.

Spence has been working hard in Dallas, so that he is in shape when the time comes for him to begin training camp for his first post-coronavirus fight later this year. The IBF/WBC welterweight champion still doesn’t know, however, when he’ll be cleared to spar.

That can’t happen until Spence has the three posts in his mouth replaced with permanent teeth. Spence openly discussed the damage done to his mouth during the newest episode of Showtime’s “All The Smoke” podcast, which premiered on Showtime Sports’ YouTube channel Tuesday.

“I have no restrictions in my training except sparring,” Spence told co-hosts and former NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. “I can’t spar yet because I got my teeth knocked out. And they put two posts in my mouth, well, three posts in my mouth. And I’m waiting on them to heal. And once they heal, then I’ll get my permanent teeth. And then I’ll be able to spar.”

errol-spence%20(2)_15.jpg

Spence sustained cuts to his face and dental damage as a result of a one-car accident in the early morning hours of October 10 in downtown Dallas.

The 30-year-old Spence, of DeSoto, Texas, was ejected from his Ferrari, which flipped over multiple times in the accident. Spence was charged with driving while intoxicated after he was released the following week from Methodist Dallas Medical Center, where he spent time in its intensive care unit.

The 2012 Olympian reiterated to Barnes and Jackson that he feels lucky to be alive. Spence expects to return to the ring in October or November, but he hasn’t secured a date or an opponent because the COVID-19 pandemic has caused so much uncertainty within the boxing business.

Nevertheless, Spence (26-0, 21 KOs) has tried to use this time of self-isolation wisely by working with trainer Derrick James at James’ gym.

“In all actuality, this pandemic has really been helping me out a lot, yeah, basically [with] recovery and just taking my time to get back,” Spence said. “But I’m already back. I’m a hundred percent. I went to a facility in Cleveland, where they checked me out, checked my brain, gave me MRIs and things like that, and everything went well. So, everything’s been going good. I think I’m 100-percent healthy and in shape.”

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
In a lot of ways Charlo wouldn't be for hik, but at the same time Charlo is also all types of wrong for Canelo at the same time.
I don't see it breh. Why is that? Cause he's taller and has longer arms? So did Fielding, so did Jacobs, so did Kovalev, so did Chavez...
Charlo is a boxer-puncher who falls toward the puncher end of the scale even though he's skilled and has a good jab. He's good at exchanges but Canelo is possibly the best at that in the sport right now... In defense Canelo is leaps and bounds ahead and he is more versatile than Charlo too. Charlo might throw more leather, ok, but it's not like he'd be some relentless volme puncher either. He also isn't some stick and mover who gonna dance rings around Canelo, beating him on points. Jacobs is a better "boxer" than him and Canelo just beat him on points without controversy not long ago.
And this is maybe only my thing, idk but I think both the Charlos make the mistake of attacking too linear, almost falling in with punches sometimes, I can see Canelo having a great time countering those attempts.

The Charlo twins are like the noble medieval knights of boxing with all pros and cons of that. Tough, arrogant, aggressive, flashy, like exchanges, not tactical but skilled, like to charge, let their emotions flow in battle. :pachaha:

Good entertaining fighters, I like to watch them fight, I just don't see them beating Canelo. :hubie:
I give a good shot to Jermall to beat this version of GGG though.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
That fight scares me.
Bradley being hated on and receiving death threats after the first Pac fight...
decides to go to war with a beast who ate punches instead lunch since he was a child to win over the crowd :wow:
Bradley getting concussed in round 2, not remembering anything after, purely boxing on instinct :wow:

Great fight

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
fat Provodnikov vs fat Maidana at 160, let's go :mjgrin: