Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Wlad would of stopped Lewis in the 2nd though. That's all Vitali was missing was the power Wlad had... Wlad coulda used Vitali chin a few times in his career too though. :hubie:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Wlad would of stopped Lewis in the 2nd though. That's all Vitali was missing was the power Wlad had... Wlad coulda used Vitali chin a few times in his career too though. :hubie:
vitali had power..vitali stopped a good amount of guys that had never been stopped before

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Porter: Crawford Would Beat Spence; Better Boxer, More In His Arsenal
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon Apr 27, 2020, 08:37 AM EDT

Shawn Porter hopes he gets a chance to fight Terence Crawford.

But if Errol Spence Jr. is the PBC welterweight that faces Crawford first, Porter thinks Crawford would win that battle between unbeaten champions. Porter picked Crawford when asked about that fascinating fight as part of a Premier Boxing Champions Facebook Live interaction with fans Friday.

“I’ve got Crawford,” Porter said. “I think Crawford’s the better boxer. I think Crawford’s got more in his arsenal. Of course, it’s a biased opinion as well, because I am friends with Crawford. But even taking that out of the equation, I just think that Crawford can do a lot. I think he’s a problem for anyone out there, fighting him, getting in the ring with him. But, you know, talking about the fight with Errol Spence and Terence Crawford, I think Terence Crawford wins that fight.”

spence-porter-fight%20(13).jpg

Crawford and Spence expect to face other opponents once the COVID-19 pandemic ends and boxing matches are scheduled again. Their showdown remains one of the most anticipated bouts in boxing, though, even after Spence suffered injuries in a one-car accident October 10 in Dallas.

The 32-year-old Crawford (36-0, 27 KOs), of Omaha, Nebraska, seems most likely to defend his WBO welterweight title against England’s Kell Brook (39-2, 27 KOs) in his next fight. The 30-year-old Spence (26-0, 21 KOs), of DeSoto, Texas, has mostly mentioned former WBC champ Danny Garcia (36-2, 21 KOs) and WBA champ Manny Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs) as the opponents he most wants to face in the IBF/WBC champion’s first fight since overcoming cuts to his face and damage to his mouth in the aforementioned accident.

Porter, meanwhile, gave Spence his toughest fight to date six months ago.

Spence won by split decision, but Spence and Porter produced once of the most riveting action fights of 2019 on September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Spence dropped Porter in the 11th round and won their highly competitive, 12-round battle on two of three scorecards.

Judges Rey Danesco (116-111) and Steve Weisfeld (116-111) scored their welterweight title unification fight for Spence, who retained his IBF 147-pound crown and took the WBC belt from Porter (30-3-1, 17 KOs). Judge Larry Hazzard Jr. scored Porter the victor over Spence (115-112) in the main event of a FOX Sports Pay-Per-View telecast.

Las Vegas’ Porter disputed Friday the contention of one fan who claimed Porter simply was “hating” on Spence by picking Crawford to win that fight.

“Got no reason to hate,” Porter explained. “I’m on here, just doing me. I answered the question. The question is who wins, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence? I said who I thought would win the fight, and then I supported my answer. That’s not being a hater. That’s giving my opinion.”