Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
there's literally no bigger fight for either man at welter other than those 2..outside of either facing pac

I agree, you're not understanding what I'm saying. For us hardcore fans yeah it's a dream fight, to not so hardcore fans they don't care. Spence barely is breaking into being a star(which is why he wants to fight Danny and Manny first to build his profile), and Crawford isn't a star at all.

It doesn't make 'sense', because it won't make the type of money it could possibly make. I hate to say it, but if we talking money Spence has the right idea of it. His original plan was to face Thurman(who already had a name built up) for a mega fight, but with Thurman basically falling off a cliff now people are saying Crawford, yet Crawford has done nothing to build the fight up and make it a mega fight.

If anything the WBO needs to actually force Crawford to fight his mandatories to build a profile. In order the WBo contenders are
1. Danny Garcia
2. Vergil Ortiz Jr
3. Mikey Garcia
4. Maurice Hooker
5. Regis Prograis

Bud could fight two names off that list and finally build a profile, but we know Bob won't do it cause he is protecting him until he cashes him out and discards him like he did to Manny before him and like he was trying to do to Floyd, Oscar, Mikey, etc.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I do wonder if that’s a bigger fight To casuals than Danny Garcia vs Thurman

I think Spence was absolutely on his way to being the first PPV star that the PBC built. His numbers for the Garcia and Porter fight were impressive when compared to anyone not named Canelo or Joshua.

In my opinion, Spence vs. Crawford copromoted by PBC-Fox and Top Rank-ESPN would've been elevated into mainstream consciousness. The fight just holds too much significance for it not to be one of the top marquee events in all of combat sports.

Two fighters seen as being in their prime, undefeated, fan friendly styles/highlights, title unification, P4P implications, and could establish the top guy in the division.

Once they get the green light, Crawford and Spence are going to be getting ringside interviews and features on each other's fight cards. All it takes is one orchestrated crashed press conference or post fight interview, and casuals are going to be talking about Crawford too slick, Errol too big and etc.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
What’s the biggest fight at 147 since then? Would it technically be Pac/Floyd(nowhere near) or a leveling near smidge above Thurman/DSG shyt even Keith/Manny

I'm not saying it isn't a big fight for us hardcore fans, but we don't bring in the money, CASUALS and sometimey fans do. Let me be honest, Spence BARELY counts as a star, a lot of people don't know or care who Crawford is. It isn't a MONEY fight is what I'm saying bro. If you atop thinking like a fan and more like a businessman you'll understand what I'm saying.

A 'megafight' with a guy who sells between 300-350k PPV buys and another one who can't even break 150k PPV buys. :mjlol:

Both of these nikkas need to get they weight up, I'm knocking BOTH these nikkas for waiting so long to finally become stars. Most of the time by the time a STAR boxer is 30 they doing what Canelo and Manny do which is picking and choosing when and where and who they want to fight because they are eatablished already, these nikkas is 30 still trying to build a reputation. This whole generation of American boxers are so underwhelming it aint even funny. :unimpressed:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Spence making the fights he needs to make to make himself a household name

If Bud was actually fighting nikkas it’d be a more mainstream fight

This nikka bud losing views from the lead in fight... how many main events does less viewers than the undercard :hhh:

ESPN can only tell us so many times he gotta mean streak he can switch his boxing stance :gladbron:

This last fight PBC fighters got brought up more than Mean Machine :beli:

2020 Kell Brook ain’t goin move the needle either :heh:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I'm not saying it isn't a big fight for us hardcore fans, but we don't bring in the money, CASUALS and sometimey fans do. Let me be honest, Spence BARELY counts as a star, a lot of people don't know or care who Crawford is. It isn't a MONEY fight is what I'm saying bro. If you atop thinking like a fan and more like a businessman you'll understand what I'm saying.

A 'megafight' with a guy who sells between 300-350k PPV buys and another one who can't even break 150k PPV buys. :mjlol:

Both of these nikkas need to get they weight up, I'm knocking BOTH these nikkas for waiting so long to finally become stars. Most of the time by the time a STAR boxer is 30 they doing what Canelo and Manny do which is picking and choosing when and where and who they want to fight because they are eatablished already, these nikkas is 30 still trying to build a reputation. This whole generation of American boxers are so underwhelming it aint even funny. :unimpressed:

Spence did 350k PPV buys against Shawn Porter aka Mr. Can't Sell Out a Family Dinner.

You think Spence Crawford fails to make those numbers?

Spence Crawford is a Vegas fight, not an LA, Omaha or Dallas fight. It's PPV. ESPN and Fox gets that machine going, it's selling.