Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
He had way too much ring rust Pat & his stamina wasn't there. His timing was off. Had he had 2 more come back fights under his belt we'd probably be having a controversial decision discussion lol.
True but Pacquiao had age going against him as well as being a part time senator :francis:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had way too much ring rust Pat & his stamina wasn't there. His timing was off. Had he had 2 more come back fights under his belt we'd probably be having a controversial decision discussion lol.

it doesn’t work that way. Gotta take advantage of these opportunities when they present themselves. Inactivity is part of the game and gotta work through it.

Manny is basically at a “one fight at a time” stage in his career, meaning any of these fights could be his last, so there’s no guarantee Thurman would have ever gotten the fight taking that approach.

Also, Thurman seems to like to disappear and take long ass breaks nowadays. Hell he seems to be at a “one fight at a time” stage as well.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
it doesn’t work that way. Gotta take advantage of these opportunities when they present themselves. Inactivity is part of the game and gotta work through it.

Manny is basically at a “one fight at a time” stage in his career, meaning any of these fights could be his last, so there’s no guarantee Thurman would have ever gotten the fight taking that approach.

Also, Thurman seems to like to disappear and take long ass breaks nowadays. Hell he seems to be at a “one fight at a time” stage as well.
at that early in his career too. I knew it was not gonna go well for him :francis:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random lol

When you look back at a fighters’ career, and fights that didn’t happen, You NEVER hear the possibility of this fight being brought up. Now, you’ll occasionally see Zahir Raheem’s name after he beat Morales, but never Nate Campbell. It’s understandable because PAC ended up fighting Oscar.

Pac vs Campbell @ 135 would have been for the undisputed. I just think based on the business of boxing, there is no scenario where it would have ever happened.

A lot of what if’s during this time.

If Juan Diaz beats Nate Campbell, I guarantee Pacquiao/Diaz would have been made. Juan Diaz had the name/style at the time to get that fight. Even with an Oscar fight looming they would still fight Juan prior to that.

Now let’s say what if Oscar never calls out Manny? I still don’t think Pac vs Campbell happens. I believe after PAC beats David Diaz, they immediately look to set up a fight with Hatton at 140.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
When you look back at a fighters’ career, and fights that didn’t happen, You NEVER hear the possibility of this fight being brought up. Now, you’ll occasionally see Zahir Raheem’s name after he beat Morales, but never Nate Campbell. It’s understandable because PAC ended up fighting Oscar.

Pac vs Campbell @ 135 would have been for the undisputed. I just think based on the business of boxing, there is no scenario where it would have ever happened.

A lot of what if’s during this time.

If Juan Diaz beats Nate Campbell, I guarantee Pacquiao/Diaz would have been made. Juan Diaz had the name/style at the time to get that fight. Even with an Oscar fight looming they would still fight Juan prior to that.

Now let’s say what if Oscar never calls out Manny? I still don’t think Pac vs Campbell happens. I believe after PAC beats David Diaz, they immediately look to set up a fight with Hatton at 140.

shyt i agree with all of this..i just cant see pac going after nate like that...nate had his moments of brilliance here and there but he would have needed more than the diaz fight for me to think he would beat pac

I was watching Nate Campbell highlights and it came up :lolbron:
you must have really gone down the boxing youtube rabbit hole lol

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

I never said it did

We've all seen Thurman much sharper & had he been active this more than likely would've been a different fight. That was my point.

Manny wasn't injured or inactive as long as Thurman either

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio you agree with Bread??

"Recently I will give you three fighters who I feel were ducked by it goes under the radar. James Kirkland. Kirkland was a straight killer, who was exciting and had a great record. He’s 34-2 right now with 30kos. During his prime for all of the excitement and carnage Kirkland gave the fans, despite being featured on HBO several times. Kirkland has never had ONE title shot. Not ONE! I know some of it is his fault because of the out of the ring stuff. But to think he’s never had a title shot. That’s very bizarre."

how come i didnt see this when i was tagged? oh well lol

when it comes to kirkland i dont think he was ducked...i just think how he moved cost him at certain parts of his career

his on and off again fight with ann wolfe - this is the main problem - this is the relationship that bore fruit..they needed each other esp with the biggest fight he had with canelo

that loss to ishida - this should have never happened...at all..this i feel originally cost him what ever title shot he was being prepped for or zeroing at the time

the molina fight - the only ann wolfe trained fight that kirkland should have lost - he looked awful esp after what he did against angulo - i think canelo had the wbc 154 belt at the time cuz it was an eliminator for that..a title shot probably should have happened here though

the long layoffs between molina and tapia and tapia and canelo - no reason for this at all