Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ryan Garcia: My Fight With Gervonta Davis Should Be $80 On DAZN PPV
By Manouk Akopyan

Published On Thu Apr 2, 2020, 09:38 AM EDT

Ryan Garcia wants to disrupt the distribution format for his fights.

The Golden Boy promoted Garcia (20-0, 17 KOs) fights exclusively on DAZN, but he’s screaming from the mountaintops for a bout with WBA lightweight champion Gervonta Davis (23-0, 22 KOs), a PBC fighter who for years has fought on Showtime.

The 21-year-old Garcia wore his executive hat and outlined how the two 135 pound fighters could meet.

“Once they send the contract, I’m going to close my eyes and write my name down and sign it. Everyone go to Gervonta’s page and tell him to send Ryan the contract now and stop playing. Stop bullsh-ting. Send me the contract. I’ll sign it for everybody that is watching,” Garcia told Fight Hype.

“Let’s do $75, $80 pay-per-view on DAZN. It’s still pay-per-view, and it’s still DAZN, so let’s get it. First, you win with subscriptions, then you win with pay-per-view. And you have two of the best of both worlds. Don’t deny it. If you deny it, then you just f--ked up the money. You ain’t never met anyone like me.”

ryan-garcia%20(5)_6.jpg

Garcia is coming off two consecutive crushing first round KOs of Romero Duno and Francisco Fonseca, respectively, but he still believes he’s being shorted in the respect column.

“They only see me as a pretty boy, and they got to stop doing that. I was tired. At first, I was kind of flattered, but now I’m tired of that. I am good looking, thank you. But I also fight and I also talk sh-t when you talk sh-t. If you talk sh-t, I talk sh-t. And if you’re respectful, I’m respectful. If you’re humble, I’m humble,” said Garcia.

“I was scheduled for July [to fight Jorge Linares] but it might just go to Gervonta Davis … They’re not going to give me credit for beating [Jorge] Linares because he’s old, even though he’s a beast. He’s a beast, let’s be honest. There’s something missing with him. I just don’t know. I’ll find out when I fight him.

“Now when we come back, I’m kind of leaning towards [Tank]. When we come back, boxing has to come back with a bang. ‘The first event since the coronavirus is Ryan Garcia and Gervonta Davis? Oh, f--k.’ Everyone is worried about the politics.”

this kid needs to go somewhere with this..either fight on regular dazn or regular showtime...this fight alone doesnt mean squat on a PPV level unless its at best a co main

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
garcia and tank are more known t-craw and khan? nah not even at this point..ive been to a crawford fight and been around that dude at a different card...he doesnt lack for notoriety lol
Look at the followers, the blogs, these two guys bring in non boxing fans. My friends that don’t know boxing know Tank they don’t know who Bud is. Tank brings the Floyd fans and Ryan brings the Oscar fans.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
garcia and tank are more known t-craw and khan? nah not even at this point..ive been to a crawford fight and been around that dude at a different card...he doesnt lack for notoriety lol

Khan is a name in Europe, but Bud aint that popular bro. You'll be suprised how many casuals are just now hearing about him.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

Not even looking at the tags that’s Devin Haney. And the sky is the limit for dude as long as he keeps the Straight and narrow path. I think physically ... he’s naturally a Welterweight and can carve out a great career in all honesty. Really just depends how long he can keep that hunger.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Not even looking at the tags that’s Devin Haney. And the sky is the limit for dude as long as he keeps the Straight and narrow path. I think physically ... he’s naturally a Welterweight and can carve out a great career in all honesty. Really just depends how long he can keep that hunger.
I heard his pops talking about him possibly move up to lww soon