Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Do you take amatuer experience into account when judging a fighters skill or experience level, or only what they have done at the pro level?
it depends..best example...ppl like to tout wilder's bronze medal at the olympics...but you see him fight at the pro level until he lands that right and its a whole bunch of :gucci: and:unimpressed:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
it depends..best example...ppl like to tout wilder's bronze medal at the olympics...but you see him fight at the pro level until he lands that right and its a whole bunch of :gucci: and:unimpressed:
Shiiiiiiiiiiit I watch chakhiev fight like a caveman and I wonder how he got Olympic gold.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Amateur for sure as you meet a lot of styles especially on the international stage. Different conditioning though and strategies. And you can name quite a few ams who didn't pan out in the pros esp the cubans

True, Amatuer fighting is different from pros, but in my book experience is experience whether it's amatuer or pro experience. Someone tried to tell me amatuers mean nothing and I told him I beg to differ it counts for something. Medaling in the olympics aint that big a deal to me, because too many Olympians didn't do shyt when they got to the pros.

All I care about in Ams is Wins-Losses and where they fought at.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
True, Amatuer fighting is different from pros, but in my book experience is experience whether it's amatuer or pro experience. Someone tried to tell me amatuers mean nothing and I told him I beg to differ it counts for something. Medaling in the olympics aint that big a deal to me, because too many Olympians didn't do shyt when they got to the pros.

All I care about in Ams is Wins-Losses and where they fought at.
amateurs at the very least can show the potential of a fighter of what they could do if they turn pro but like you said its not clear cut

we have had great/good amateurs that had great/good pro careers
great/good amateurs who had bad pro careers or underachieved
bad amateurs or no amateur careers that have great/good pro careers
and bad amateurs who had bad pro careers lol

its all a toss up

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Audley vs haye was a crime against boxing
Another good cruiserweight scrap

afolabi's last good win as a pro and he was pretty damaged...and had no amateur experience..he beat the shyt outta him lol

harrison vs haye was on in the afternoon before pac vs margarito...i remember making some bets for that night and turned on a stream to see that bullshyt like :hhh:.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
These nikkas is Lampley N Kellerman ... they get a narrative hold on to dear life to it N come back to it over N over no matter what :unimpressed:

Fegeinbutz fight thread they couldn’t help themselves....

“he’s goin gas soon” “his stamina is trash” “ohhh watch he’s tired Now”

**Plant proceeded to throw N land Ultra Combos with no sight of slowing down **

Crickets......

2 weeks later “Plant Stamina is trash :jawalrus:

:dead::deadrose:
Fiegenbutz was a club fighter and mike lee is a sandwich man. We didn’t learn anything from either fight.