Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: What has brook done at 147 since he beat porter in 2014? Since then, porter has at least beaten Danny, Ugas and other guys in the top 10.

Danny hasn't done much of anything at 147 tho, so i'll give you that.

Porter is a better look than Brook in 2020. Yeah Brook beat Porter, but Porter has a better resume than Brook, especially over the last two years.

Brooks only real highlight in his entire welterweight career is getting his ass kicked by Spence. That fight between him and Porter was :unimpressed: cause of all the clinching Brook likes to do.

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
Porter is a better look than Brook in 2020. Yeah Brook beat Porter, but Porter has a better resume than Brook, especially over the last two years.

Brooks only real highlight in his entire welterweight career is getting his ass kicked by Spence. That fight between him and Porter was :unimpressed: cause of all the clinching Brook likes to do.
Exactly, brook hasn't had a meaningful win at 147 in 6 years. It's just insane to me to see crawford fans try to downplay other people's resumes. Danny, Porter, etc. would be the best wins on crawford's resume :mjlol:

They try to disrespect Danny, but Danny had a better 140 run than crawford and has faced better opposition.

They try to disrespect Porter but Porter's win over Danny Garcia is better than any win on Crawford's resume and he's faced better opposition .

Then of course they try to disrespect Spence and constantly harp on bud being "P4P" but Spence has fought at least 3 guys better than anyone crawford has fought. and he's lined up to fight Danny next.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Exactly, brook hasn't had a meaningful win at 147 in 6 years. It's just insane to me to see crawford fans try to downplay other people's resumes. Danny, Porter, etc. would be the best wins on crawford's resume :mjlol:

They try to disrespect Danny, but Danny had a better 140 run than crawford and has faced better opposition.

They try to disrespect Porter but Porter's win over Danny Garcia is better than any win on Crawford's resume and he's faced better opposition .

Then of course they try to disrespect Spence and constantly harp on bud being "P4P" but Spence has fought at least 3 guys better than anyone crawford has fought. and he's lined up to fight Danny next.

:yeshrug:

The reason i don't have an issue with Crawford vs Brook is that, let's be real, who else can he face that's available? We know damn well he not going to get a fight with Porter or Spence (or any PBC guy) NEXT so Brook is the "best" of a realistic available batch. Not saying fighting Brook SHOULDNT be criticized tho, that's just my stance on it :yeshrug:.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The reason i don't have an issue with Crawford vs Brook is that, let's be real, who else can he face that's available? We know damn well he not going to get a fight with Porter or Spence (or any PBC guy) NEXT so Brook is the "best" of a realistic available batch. Not saying fighting Brook SHOULDNT be criticized tho, that's just my stance on it :yeshrug:.

Nah Brook is still a better look than a Mean Machine type opponent, but Brook won't get Crawford any more name recognition than he already has, maybe in the UK but not the US where this fight needs to be sold since it is two US fighters.

I say that to say I aint high on Spence fighting Danny either, only reason why I aint trippin is because Spence and Danny I think don't like each other, they are always taking little subtle shots at each other and bad blood usually makes the best fights. If it wasn't for that I'd be :camby: at the idea of him fighting Danny. I really only want to see him fight Pac or Crawford. Danny really won't get him an increase his P4P ranking, it is literally a fight to build hype.

Spence is arguably the biggest American fighter there is, and while his PPV buys and views are respectable, when compared to Canelo, Pac, or Joshua the other big stars he pales. Danny is a popular fighter, with a dedicated, if not somewhat delusional at times following, but they are dedicated. Brook won't get Crawfords hype up like fighting Porter or Thurman would. There is a reason why they said 'The business isn't right for the fight yet.' because it's not unfortunately. This is the 'biggest' fight to make in boxing and I promise Spence-Crawford right now would not even do half of Wilder Fury 2... It would be lucky to see the first fights PPV buys.

Last edited: