Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If you gotta constantly do mental gymnastics then the opps prolly aren’t good :russ:

What has Kell Brook done to “deserve” a Bud Fight :mjlol:

nikka hasn’t fought at 147 in 3 years N was struggling back then to make the weight... can you even name his recent opps since without lookin at Boxrec?? :hhh:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
If you gotta constantly do mental gymnastics then the opps prolly aren’t good :russ:

nikka hasn’t fought at 147 in 3 years N was struggling back then to make the weight... can you even name his recent opps since without lookin at Boxrec?? :hhh:
Only because it’s a stripper and mark from accounting and a randomchenko in there

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Oscar, Amir Khan, Manny Pacquaio, Fury, etc.. these are some of the fighters that have donated for Coronavirus.

But where's Floyd Mayweather at? He can pay for 10 ferraris, lambos, bugattis, a couple of mansions, etc.. But have no money to give for the Coronavirus epidemic?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yup, Just like Khan wasn't last year.

but here we are. :snoop:

I wanna see him fight Brook, but at the same time I'm talking about getting Crawford name up out there. Don't NOBODY give a fukk about Brook, it won't get him any name recognition. From a boxing standpoint if Brook can come somewhat close to what he was, Crawford may finally have to put in some real work at 147, but I doubt it considering the fact he can't really make that weight like that no more.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17

At this point, other than name recognition and fanbase, Brook isnt offering much else. Brook could make 147 but he'd be too drained out there :francis:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oscar, Amir Khan, Manny Pacquaio, Fury, etc.. these are some of the fighters that have donated for Coronavirus.

But where's Floyd Mayweather at? He can pay for 10 ferraris, lambos, bugattis, a couple of mansions, etc.. But have no money to give for the Coronavirus epidemic?

Floyd’s Uncle N the Mother of his kids jus died like a Week apart from each other

Use your fukking brain you think Floyd gives af about Coronavirus rn :gucci:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
man it must be real slow for boxingscene to do 2 articles in a week on margarito

Margarito Admits He Underestimated Pacquiao, Fight Should Have Been Stopped
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Sat Mar 28, 2020, 12:21 AM EDT

Back in November of 2010, Manny Pacquiao was going for his eight divisional title when he stepped in the ring with the always dangerous Antonio Margarito.

The contest, which had the vacant WBC junior middleweight title at stake, took place at a catch-weight of 150-pounds.

Standing at 5'11, Margarito had a very big advantage in size and weight, but the much smaller Pacquiao's speed and accuracy was too much for the Mexican fighter to handle.

pacquiao-margarito.jpg

Margarito took a severe beating that night, which saw him sustain a fractured orbital bone on his right eye. Pacquiao won a very wide twelve round unanimous decision.

The injury to his eye would affect him for the rest of his career, as Margarito required several surgeries and was forced to retire from boxing for four years, before a failed comeback that saw him walk away for good in 2017 after three fights.

"It was a difficult night, that's why I mentioned that you can say many things when you see a fighter, but being up there in the ring is different. In that fight I said that there would be no problems, I said that I did not mind him hitting me six times at a time, because when I caught him I was going to put him away because of this weight limit. But I was wrong because Pacquiao, apart from being accurate, was very fast and had a good shot and hit very hard. The problem was getting a hold of him, but I am happy for what I accomplished," Margarito told ESPN Deportes.

Margarito prevented his corner, led by Robert Garcia, from stopping the fight. Now looking back, Margarito believes the contest should have been stopped.

"The truth was that they mentioned that to me, when I went back to the corner, that [my face] was very bad and I told them not to stop the fight, I hoped I could catch him. I think it was in round seven that I nailed him with a hook down to the body and put him in a bad way... even Pacquiao himself mentioned it. But they did tell me that maybe it was time to stop it and I didn't want to because I was hoping to catch him with a punch, but I was really wrong," Margarito said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antonio Margarito Reveals Why He Left Boxing in 2017
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Fri Mar 27, 2020, 12:09 AM EDT

It's been almost three years since former world champion Antonio Margarito entered the ring.

Based in San Diego, the 'Tijuana Tornado' was a three-time world welterweight champion. He just celebrated his 42nd birthday.

The last time Margarito (41-8, 27 KOs) saw action, he won a very tough seven round technical decision over Carson Jones. Many believe Margarito was on the verge of being stopped, but the contest was cut short due to a cut that Margarito suffered around his right eye due to a head clash.

antonio-margarito_4.jpg

The fight with Jones was the third bout of Margarito's comeback.

He first returned to the ring, to begin his comeback, in March of 2016. The fight snapped a long layoff of over four years.

All three of his comeback fights took place in Mexico, because there were serious concerns regarding his right eye in terms of getting medical clearance in the United States.

After the fight with Jones, Margarito's comeback basically came to an end - but he never announced his retirement or said much of anything. He just quietly walked away from the sport.

"The truth is I had the desire to continue, but my body did not respond to me in the same way when I was young. I think that in my last few fights, I commented to my wife, when I was in the gym, that it was no longer the same... when I blocked the punches with my forearms it hurt. Problems began, it was no longer the same, my elbows were sore, my forearms hurt, younger fighters were coming and it was time to retire," Margarito explained to ESPN Deportes.

"I accomplished things that I never dreamed of, to fight with the best in the world. I beat many of them, not to mention the fights were I also lost, I faced some of the best in boxing in my time. I still have that satisfaction, somewhere As a child, I always mentioned it, my greatest challenge was to be a champion, I managed to do it and the plans were to win more titles. I am satisfied with what I managed to achieve."