Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ishe sounds dumb here. One could argue black fans and fighters are much harder on their own then they are on other races.

As far as stans defending Wilder, all fighters on that level, will have stans. It is what it is. Ishe wouldn’t know about that because he never had a fan base.
On what level though? Wilder isn't even on the level of guys like Porter or Thurman to me. That doesn't mean he's trash just that his hype was way oversized compared to his real ability.

Not arguing w the rest of your post I get what you're saying but it was always weird to me why the LDBC dudes picked Wilder of all Afro-American fighters to stan. Is it just because he's a HW with power or what?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On what level though? Wilder isn't even on the level of guys like Porter or Thurman to me. That doesn't mean he's trash just that his hype was way oversized compared to his real ability.

Not arguing w the rest of your post I get what you're saying but it was always weird to me why the LDBC dudes picked Wilder of all Afro-American fighters to stan. Is it just because he's a HW with power or what?

Wilder is more popular then Porter and Thurman. When you reach a certain level of popularity, you will acquire stans. You see stans on this forum with their palm palms for certain fighters (ie Team Canelo, Team GGG, etc).

Wilder is definitely pro black, which fits in with the ideology of the LBDC. It’s easy to see why they would get behind him.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ishe sounds dumb here. One could argue black fans and fighters are much harder on their own then they are on other races.

As far as stans defending Wilder, all fighters on that level, will have stans. It is what it is. Ishe wouldn’t know about that because he never had a fan base.

If black fans were harder on their own. Crawford would have had a meaningful fight by now.

This era different. We just happy to have someone at the top. Doesn't matter if they truly the best or not.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If black fans were harder on their own. Crawford would have had a meaningful fight by now.

This era different. We just happy to have someone at the top. Doesn't matter if they truly the best or not.

If Crawford were to lose a fight, he wouldn’t hear the end of it, depending on how he lost. Imagine if he got knocked out in the 5th round?

Nyggas everywhere would be like he was never good, etc

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If Crawford were to lose a fight, he wouldn’t hear the end of it, depending on how he lost. Imagine if he got knocked out in the 5th round?

Nyggas everywhere would be like he was never good, etc

and they would be justified in that thinking.

Fall out would be worse than Wilder imo. Too many nikkas already bought into how much skill Bud apparently has.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
True, but I feel like a lot of people will still pick him to win the rubber match.

Hell, too many nikkas picked him for the rematch after having all of his limitations laid on the table.
Fury outboxed him in the first and outbrawled him in the second. Gonna need a gatdamn miracle

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
True, but I feel like a lot of people will still pick him to win the rubber match.

Hell, too many nikkas picked him for the rematch after having all of his limitations laid on the table.

that was me lol..and fury made a fool of me and in contrast solidified what i had been saying about wilder

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Wilder is more popular then Porter and Thurman. When you reach a certain level of popularity, you will acquire stans. You see stans on this forum with their palm palms for certain fighters (ie Team Canelo, Team GGG, etc).

Wilder is definitely pro black, which fits in with the ideology of the LBDC. It’s easy to see why they would get behind him.
He also gives everybody on YouTube an interview. People are going to ride and down for a person they see as a man of the people. He’s been doing theses YouTube call interviews for a long time and has built up a respect because he never big timed them dudes.