Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Maidana: I'm Coming Back Because I Want To, Because I Like It
By Elisinio Castillo

Published On Wed Mar 18, 2020, 02:20 PM EDT

The return of former two division world champion Marcos René 'Chino' Maidana, initially scheduled for April 18 against former kickboxing champion Jorge 'Acero' Cali, was postponed as a preventive measure for the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, the promoter reported.

Maidana was going to return after more than five years of inactivity in the ring, with his last fight being a rematch against Floyd Mayweather in September 2014, although this time it would be an exhibition that would allow him to loosen up a bit and take evaluate the situation for a full steam return.

The fight, which was set to take place in Technopolis, will have a new date once things have calmed down due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"From the Chino Maidana Promotions company, we inform you that due to the events going on in the world due to the pandemic caused by the coronavirus and abiding by the regulations of the different sports organizations, our event called 'The Return of Marcos Chino Maidana', scheduled for the April 18, 2020 in Tecnópolis in Buenos Aires, Argentina, is postponed until a new date that will be announced at the time," the statement read from Maidana's company.

005_Marcos_Maidana.jpg

Maidana, who recently had a new baby in her family, as well as 'Acero' Cali, will maintain their training to be ready when the new date drops down.

Maidana is 36-years-old, and currently has a record 35-5 and 31 knockouts.

The boxer has lost a tremendous amount of weight and is eager to fight again.

"I'm coming back because I want to and because I like it," Maidana said.

"I started training with everything, and we'll see what comes next and see how things play out. [When I was inactive] I started eating and eating, and the only way to get out of that was to start the training routine. I started training again, I liked it, because when you're physically well you feel better, I want to continue like this."

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wait.. What
9oXlaTF.png

OfuNW_uOHiVhVj2Sb5H-X3s7fnIKqlJf9e1ZxX5pRxAT0Xs2O6k3TNJ71LqFJw2xsit-04MfFWA55AamO_lP2f0O5h8lf5Xuh3W5lmCu6hHQDzlXnPoiqnAU5BrE

Started feeling sick on Friday.... I been in bed ever since... there’s hardly any tests N I don’t have a fever so drs won’t give me one... but I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck N goin up or down stairs will have me gassed af... which is why I believe I 100% have it... breathing gets me out of breath :to:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
OfuNW_uOHiVhVj2Sb5H-X3s7fnIKqlJf9e1ZxX5pRxAT0Xs2O6k3TNJ71LqFJw2xsit-04MfFWA55AamO_lP2f0O5h8lf5Xuh3W5lmCu6hHQDzlXnPoiqnAU5BrE

Started feeling sick on Friday.... I been in bed ever since... there’s hardly any tests N I don’t have a fever so drs won’t give me one... but I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck N goin up stairs will have me gassed af... which is why I believe I 100% have it... breathing gets me out of breath :to:
Damn Bless up Big Dog.. do whatever it takes to recover from this unknown bullshyt :mjcry:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Started feeling sick on Friday.... I been in bed ever since... there’s hardly any tests N I don’t have a fever so drs won’t give me one... but I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck N goin up or down stairs will have me gassed af... which is why I believe I 100% have it... breathing gets me out of breath :to:
Damn breh get tested and get the treatment. Beat this shyt like Tito beats on unfortunate souls

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

damn choc...def take it easy breh...i still got more danny slander for you to hear and can do nothing about haha...but seriously..if its emergency take your ass to the hospital

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Damn Bless up Big Dog.. do whatever it takes to recover from this unknown bullshyt :mjcry:

Damn breh get tested and get the treatment. Beat this shyt like Tito beats on unfortunate souls

damn choc...def take it easy breh...i still got more danny slander for you to hear and can do nothing about haha...but seriously..if its emergency take your ass to the hospital

I’m good brehs preciate it :wow:

The worst has passed... I’m more struggling with the fact I’m quarantined N havent had female contact in damn near a week :shaq2:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ishe sounds dumb here. One could argue black fans and fighters are much harder on their own then they are on other races.

As far as stans defending Wilder, all fighters on that level, will have stans. It is what it is. Ishe wouldn’t know about that because he never had a fan base.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Now that I’m in a 2 weeks quarantine or something like that I thought I’m gonna watch through the fights between top 10 guys at HW through the 90s decade. Seen plenty of them already but it’s gonna be fun. Once that’s over I might watch 00’s welterweights
YouTube ? Man share some of those Welterweight vids if you can :feedme:

This popped up on my feed last night:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YouTube ? Man share some of those Welterweight vids if you can :feedme:

This popped up on my feed last night:

i shared that in my margarito fights post from a couple days ago

a classic fight...i didnt see punisher or clottey for that matter get lumped up like cotto lol

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

:mjcry: