Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That's why I always compare they careers, only difference is GGG has an alltime great chin, The jury still out on Bud jaw from what I seen. :francis:

GGG also has an elite world class jab that's been effective at the highest level to go along with that all time great chin.

We don't know how good Bud chin is because he never fought any real punchers.

and for all this talk about his high skill level, we don't know what weapon he has that will work at the highest level either.

Both boxers are from the same era tho. :snoop:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
GGG also has an elite world class jab that's been effective at the highest level to go along with that all time great chin.

We don't know how good Bud chin is because he never fought any real punchers.

and for all this talk about his high skill level, we don't know what weapon he has that will work at the highest level either.

Both boxers are from the same era tho. :snoop:

Exactly. Pac can rely on his footwork and ability to throw combos coming in and out. Spence has an excellent jab which he fights behind to set up that left hook, along with elite timing(not to mention a consistent body attack). I really don't know what Bud will do when an opponent will actually bring the fight TO him instead of fighting slow at HIS pace, or when they adjust and nuetralize his first method of offense. A lot of the guys he fought have been one dimensional, and when they weren't he had to basically brawl with them to pull it out.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Exactly. Pac can rely on his footwork and ability to throw combos coming in and out. Spence has an excellent jab which he fights behind to set up that left hook, along with elite timing. I really don't know what Bud will do when an opponent will actually bring the fight TO him instead of fighting slow at HIS pace, or when they adjust and nuetralize his first method of offense. A lot of the guys he fought have been one dimensional, and when they weren't he had to basically brawl with them to pull it out.

Exactly
Imagine if Gamboa was the same size as Crawford and was having the same success.

That's why I :hhh::mjlol: when Bread picked Bud to beat a prime Shane.

Like nikka, we don't even know if Crawford can beat a prime Clottey and this nikka mentioning a HOFer.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Exactly
Imagine if Gamboa was the same size as Crawford and was having the same success.

That's why I :hhh::mjlol: when Bread picked Bud to beat a prime Shane.

Like nikka, we don't even know if Crawford can beat a prime Clottey and this nikka mentioning a HOFer.

Bread said Krillin was one of the most skilled boxers in the world, yet he always leaves himself open to the same punch, over and over and over again. :mjgrin:

I take what he say with a grain of salt.

And from what I've seen prime Sugar Shane would in no way shape or form lose to Bud.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Don't get me wrong, I actively root against Loma more often then not.

But his performances be shutting me up just as much.:yeshrug::lolbron:

Even I gotta give him his props.
What he needs to do is run that back with the handspeed gawd...we ready for all that tricky shyt now haha

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Not even just Spence, Pac too bro. Thing is I've seen Spence and Pac fight multiple top tier fighters and make multiple adjustments and fight them different ways bro. I've only ever seen Crawford either not engage at all(Prescott and Postol) or end up in a brawl (Gamboa and Mean Machine). He really hasn't shown me levels like people think he has. He has 74 inches of reach at 5'8 and barely ever fights behind his jab bro, it's just... Strange to me.

If Pac and Spence are the only fighters better than you, then you're probably not that bad.:ehh:

But I feel you though, and I think you do a good job of detailing some of the weaknesses Crawford has. I'm ready to see Crawford fight a legit opp at 47 already. He's too old to be this complacent.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've grown to respect byrd because of who he has faced which would wear down most men..but a lot of his performances were up and down

I remember the fres, golota, and mccline fights :heh:

Ike sending his equilibrium to orbit in only 5 rounds is a wonderful memory:mjgrin:

Bryd was the WOAT to me. The worst thing about him is the “oh I’m a small heavyweight these guys should knock me out anyway” shyt that he does. Nygga, you chose to fight at heavyweight. I don’t want to hear it man.

I hated watching this dude fight until the end of his career where he had to fight.

:mjlol:at thinking it was a good idea to go to 175 looking like a crack head. George nearly killed that nygga.

Imagine if we would have got Ruiz vs Bryd? Im so thankful Don didn’t punish us with that.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If Pac and Spence are the only fighters better than you, then you're probably not that bad.:ehh:

But I feel you though, and I think you do a good job of detailing some of the weaknesses Crawford has. I'm ready to see Crawford fight a legit opp at 47 already. He's too old to be this complacent.

I just want him held to the same standard everyone else is bro that's it. I've publically ate crow on here before and I will again if it comes to it. I could be very wrong and Crawford could fight Pac and Spence and spark them he has good handspeed and quick feet and long arms, but from what I've seen so far he is an upset waiting to happen as soon as he fights A. A pressure fighter or B. A puncher or someone who is a combination of both(which Spence and Pac both are). :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Bryd was the WOAT to me. The worst thing about him is the “oh I’m a small heavyweight these guys should knock me out anyway” shyt that he does. Nygga, you chose to fight at heavyweight. I don’t want to hear it man.

I hated watching this dude fight until the end of his career where he had to fight.

:mjlol:at thinking it was a good idea to go to 175 looking like a crack head. George nearly killed that nygga.

Imagine if we would have got Ruiz vs Bryd? Im so thankful Don didn’t punish us with that.
Wlad beat him even worse the second time....povetkin he had to be pulled out..why he thought he could go down to 175 after all that wear and tear is beyond me

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Bread said Krillin was one of the most skilled boxers in the world, yet he always leaves himself open to the same punch, over and over and over again. :mjgrin:

I take what he say with a grain of salt.

And from what I've seen prime Sugar Shane would in no way shape or form lose to Bud.

and thats what makes you a side character ladies and gentleman.