Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Its cuz nikkas kept repeating Bread.
That's why a lot of nikkas got warped views of dude. Not saying Bread ain't knowledgeable, but he has a clear bias for dude and won't always analyze him fairly.

shyt, now you got me rethinking shyt. I don't think dude is equally skilled to Diet Charlo. As bad or as frustrating Jermell can look sometimes, he never gets hit with his opponents best punch/special attack as often as Jrock does. That's a major flaw and brings his overall defense meter down a good margin.

If 154 was a movie/series, Jrock would just be a side character. Looks promising, means well, and he's almost as skilled as the main hero. What holds him back is that he can't withstand nor has an answer for the bad guy's best attack. The Hero does and finds a way. Jrock's fight with Hurd was like his swan song before getting murked in the next episode.
lol, to be fair 154 doesn't have a main character in general, more like all of them are entertaining side characters

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Its cuz nikkas kept repeating Bread.
That's why a lot of nikkas got warped views of dude. Not saying Bread ain't knowledgeable, but he has a clear bias for dude and won't always analyze him fairly.

shyt, now you got me rethinking shyt. I don't think dude is equally skilled to Diet Charlo. As bad or as frustrating Jermell can look sometimes, he never gets hit with his opponents best punch/special attack as often as Jrock does. That's a major flaw and brings his overall defense meter down a good margin.

If 154 was a movie/series, Jrock would just be a side character. Looks promising, means well, and he's almost as skilled as the main hero. What holds him back is that he can't withstand nor has an answer for the bad guy's best attack. The Hero does and finds a way. Jrock's fight with Hurd was like his swan song before getting murked in the next episode.

JRock is the Vegeta of 154. :wow:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They still putting Barthelemy on TV, smh. Michel Rivera with another co-main spot tho, that's a good look.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
lol, to be fair 154 doesn't have a main character in general, more like all of them are entertaining side characters

I feel you, but i see it like...
Charlo, Hurd, Lara were the only real main characters at 154 for a good min, because they actually went on significant runs where they beat decent names or somewhat bounced back after a hiccup.

Everyone else was struggling or having too many hiccups without beating anyone to really be a main character. Jrock, Munguia, Trout, Castano, Soro, Rosario, etc..dont have enough quality wins to be main characters or focus points at 154. Theyll have a good win but inactivty, struggle fights, gifts, losses, etc..hurt their dominance.
This is also why 154 is so lit. Any given night, anybody can beat anybody, with only a few being favored against most.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yall agree??

For those who cant view it...

Some fighters who made every fight a must see fight.

1. Mike Tyson
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Roberto Duran
5. Arturo Gatti
6. Tommy Hearns
7. Matthew Saad Muhammad
8. Naseem Hamed
9. Erik Morales
10. Diego Corrales
11. Evander Holyfield

All of that...its nice when I see a mention Of the great Matthew Saad muhammad (RIP)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yall agree??

1. Mike Tyson
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Roberto Duran
5. Arturo Gatti
6. Tommy Hearns
7. Matthew Saad Muhammad
8. Naseem Hamed
9. Erik Morales
10. Diego Corrales
11. Evander Holyfield

Good one. I wonder if there is one of lesser known guys like at domestic or continental levels like Jamie moore.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Yall agree??

1. Mike Tyson
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Roberto Duran
5. Arturo Gatti
6. Tommy Hearns
7. Matthew Saad Muhammad
8. Naseem Hamed
9. Erik Morales
10. Diego Corrales
11. Evander Holyfield

Oscar and Chavez should be in there, take Gatti out.